PDA

View Full Version : low end grunt

slosh13
01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I am trying to find the best bottom to midrange combination with a cam and pipe. The motor will be for mostly MX. Already we have decided on like a piston, carb, valves, springs, etc but undecided upon what full system pipe and cam to purchase. A setup we are thinking about would be an HMF QRS full system pipe and a WebCam 613/812 cam. Does this sound like an ok setup or should I look into some more options? Any help is appreciated.

redrider05
01-08-2005, 06:21 PM
wuts up slosh.....i heard that a hotcam stage 1 n a rossier pipe was a good combo...jus my .02 cents

450Racer
01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
if you're looking for real low end, definitely go with the HMF Bill Balance series. even the slip on has huge gains on the low end. they claim max hp at 3,500! i have the pipe and i really like it. it pulls real hard till about 7,500 then starts dropping. it sounds like a real thumper too. i'd go with a Stage 1 HotCam or the Baldwin XC cam because it has the most low end hp. i know everybody's riding style is different but i'd shoot for midrange if you race MX. however, the setup i told you about is great for low end and still gives a strong midrange. i highly reccommend it.

slosh13
01-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Well Im not really looking for all low end pipe and cam. I found some info on trx450r.org and they gave me some good info. I would just like to share what I found with everyone who is having this same problem. click here (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1659)

Does anyone have any other information to share?

Hows it goin Jon, are you gonna try and make it to Summit Indoors?

redrider05
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
hell yea buddy...cant wait till summit gonna be on a basically stock trx450 but idc lol they were fun last year.....so how u like ur new bike

slosh13
01-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I haven't even rode it. We bought a brand new 05' and as soon as we got it home we started tearing it apart for this up and coming season. Unfortunately, we are going to miss the first two rounds of the nationals, but we are are going to the thrd round at Gatorback running Production A and either 265A or 4 stroke A.
In a couple weeks, I should have my rebuild done and hopefully some great pics of it to share with you and the other members on here. Hope to see you there man, if ya see me holla at me.

redrider05
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
o ill holla at ya...lol yea i jus got mine n i luv it c ya at summit

brif
01-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Four stroke tech also has a cam available.

WhiteZee
01-09-2005, 12:11 PM
i seriously cant believe you people are telling someone to get a HC stage 1 for MX. that is a bottom end cam.

redrider05
01-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
I am trying to find the best bottom to midrange combination with a cam and pipe. The motor will be for mostly MX. Already we have decided on like a piston, carb, valves, springs, etc but undecided upon what full system pipe and cam to purchase. A setup we are thinking about would be an HMF QRS full system pipe and a WebCam 613/812 cam. Does this sound like an ok setup or should I look into some more options? Any help is appreciated.

i dunno if its my eyes or something but i do beleive he said best bottom to midrange combination....hot cam covers the bottom end...n the rossier would do the midrange...wut would u suggest maybe u kno more then ne1 of us

WhiteZee
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by redrider05
wut would u suggest maybe u kno more then ne1 of us
pretty much....

this is a quote from a guy who works at hotcams.

"The Stage 1 is a bottom end cam, totally! The top end of the TRX will suffer a little bit because of it too. But, it will rip on the bottom. It was designed to give the CRF a lot of pull right from the start, and that's exactly what it does."
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3641&view=findpost&p=35198

beak7707
01-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I also like my HMF balance pipe, I would recommend it. I am running the sparks/crf02 cam, but havent been able to ride it since I installed cam. I'm sure my setup will have good low-mid range power. If I dont like that setup I'm gonna go with a stage 2 hot cam, from what I hear its a great cam. Almost same top end as HRC without lowend loss.

450rRIPPER
01-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I know your talkin about cams and pipes but You can always go down on the front tooth and up on the rear to get more lowend.

redrider05
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
well whitezee that was some handy info....

Martin Blair
01-10-2005, 02:48 PM
you could also get a fcr carb from the crf450