PDA

View Full Version : Indiana MX

nwi45
01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Could someone list some tracks that would be within reasonable driving distance for me? I live in NW Indiana..I'd be willing to drive to Illinois and maybe a little bit into Michigan. Thanks.

Does anyone race at Medaryville, Kingsbury, Trojan, Motoplex or Hangtime? Those are my 5 main tracks. Later

bone705
01-08-2005, 09:56 AM
i dont know how far it would be for you we race HS at casey all the time. they got a pretty decent mx track there. is that motplex the indoor track up north? if so how is it?

250xridamatt
01-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I love it there at the motoplex. The staff are awesome and the pro shop is nice. The track is a little small sometimes, compared to some other indoor tracks, but its taken care of very nicely. They normally try to change the track once every couple weeks. Highly reccomend it there. I dont race right now, i just go up to watch every now and then, or ride during the summer for open practice. Maybe i will see you there sometime. What do u ride and what number are you?

Nevermind that last part. I just saw your profile.

INFANTRY RACING
01-09-2005, 05:33 PM
i race all those track except the mooplex. i am outta lowell. #32 450ex

nwi45
01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Infantry, I think I know who you are..I sent you a PM.

TORO1968
01-10-2005, 07:19 PM
They allow quads at Wilcat Creek MX, which is only about 10 minutes east of Lafayette... Check out their website: www.wildcatcreekmx.com

This is a pretty sweet looking track...long too. I haven't had a chance to ride it myself, but I hear good things about it.

-Jordan :)

INFANTRY RACING
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
i hear you die cause that tracks serious **** son

Jen696
01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey,
The motoplex is awesome for practice, but I wouldn't race there. It's just too narrow for quads, for passing and in the start. But I LOVE it for open riding. The dirt is awesome and they take really good care of the track. The jumps are super fun, and I like how they change the track often. I was there Sun, Jan 2nd and I loved that layout. The other quad riders are a blast to ride with, I wish there were some other women racers but Hell I'm pretty used to ridin with da guys. I try to make it out there once a week. The only other indoor I've been to is the earlywine track in Kentucky and that track is the BEST!!
I just wish it was closer. The website for that track is earlywineracing.com They have quad only weekends and I can't say enough about that track - It's huge, the dirt is perfect, and it is a very quad friendly track.
As for outdoor mx tracks in that area - I love Redbud and Dutch sport park, They're in MI but just over the IN border.
Thanks, Jennifer

250xridamatt
01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
What do you ride jennifer?

Jen696
01-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I used to be on a Honda 426ex, but I now rode a Yamaha yfz450 with a Roll Design front end and Elkas all around. I LOVE it.:D
Jennifer

01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Where is this indoor moto plex at?

A4StrokeGuy
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
The motoplex's web site i believe is themotoplex.com or something like that.

If you live in NW indiana red bud and log road would probably be easy drives for you, there both great tracks, Dutch is a little farther north but well worth the drive. Check out www.ama-d14.org for all the michigan mx tracks. On a side note michigan this year will be having a 7 race state ATV series combined with a few vinatage dirt bike class. SHould be a great time!

250xridamatt
01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
The motoplex is about 30 minutes north of Fort Wayne. I will keep my out for you jen.

nwi45
01-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I hope to see you all out on the track..

This year I am racing all the races at Medaryville, some of Reed's Racing Series, Kingsbury Series hopefully, and a few races at Trojan, Hangtime, Motoplex, and Joliet. Later guys.

250xridamatt
01-13-2005, 05:04 AM
let me know when you make a trip to the motoplex. maybe ill come watch.

Dust_1503
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I've raced at all of the reads tracks, there pretty nice. I should be at them whenever there isn't a national. Hangtime Mx in Akron is the best outta all of them, its their biggest track, and has some nice jumps, clay track too.

pbell75
01-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I like Hangtime as well, and I agree with the Motoplex comment. It;s just too narrow for racing, but great for practice. Also, I guess the Motoplex increased their membership to 70.00 and 25.00 each time you want to practice. i live 3hrs away, so it's not worth it anymore for me to go there.

Got to www.amadistrict15.org and print out the schedule of races for the year, there are a ton of them. i also like racing the Reedsracing races, they always do a nice job. Their website is www.readsracing.com (I think, you can access the link from the ama page if it's not that)

I live in schereville, IN, that's the northwest side. We should all hook up and ride together, who knows I may know some of you and not recognize it b/c of the screen names. My Name is Paul Bell.

Dust_1503
01-15-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm Dustin Underwood, I raced most of the Reads series the past summer. For the most part i did it on a blaster, till around late july when i got my LSR 440ex.

fultz416ex
01-17-2005, 06:30 PM
reads tracks suck. they are the worst tracks in have ever been to. if you want to ride a real track go to wildcat creek mx in rossville, IN. it has huge jumps and is a really long track. it shows who the real riders are.
travis

nwi45
01-17-2005, 08:06 PM
fultz416ex, if the tracks suck so bad, why do so many of the top A guys ride there instead of Wildcat Creek?

250xridamatt
01-18-2005, 05:09 AM
On the motoplex website it states that they will be building an outdoor track this spring. So maybe i will have to go check that out.

Jen696
01-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey
Yes the motoplex definitely is not cheap. I live about 3 1/2hrs away, but it's a cool track and has many practice days/hours. As far as I know it's the closest to me. I was hoping Joliet would finally open their Indoor track. I'm going to be riding at the motoplex on Thursday this week. I would love for some quad riders to show up. I like to ride with bikes but I LOVE to ride with other quads. :D
Jennifer

fultz416ex
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
the only thing that reads is good for is to get your name out. the only cool jump at any reads track is the 110 table top. at all the reads tracks that i have been to none of the jumps have lips to them and the landers are horrible. at wildcat all the jumps have nice lips on them and the landers you can actually land on. also they have doubles and not just tabletops. if wildcat had a few more tracks, they would be just as big or bigger than reads. that is just my 2 cents. i will give it to reads, they always have a good quad turn-out.