PDA

View Full Version : Blaster project!

trailboss250
01-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Well, i found out that my uncle that i never met welds for a living. I already have many many blaster parts. I am thinking about building a blaster with a different motor!
But anyways, i have searched alot and found alittle bit. What motor would you put in the frame? I am thinking about getting something thats air cooled. That would be easier to work with...right?
And also, it needs to be kick start, so that eliminates most 4-stroke engines. I will be using this for MX and Drag racing.
I dont really care about vibration, i mean i do, but it doesnt really bother me.
I plan on putting some really heavy guessets on the frame.
Looks like i am going to guesset the frame, line up the sproket, make new motor mounts, custom pipe. And maybe stetch the aarms? Or maybe extend the S-arm.
I need some ideas here! thanks

fmfblaster33
01-08-2005, 08:46 AM
wut about a 250cc bike motor? i think i saw someone with one of those in a mag. or sumthin it looked pretty sweet

Hondadudeehhhh
01-08-2005, 11:45 AM
put a cr500 motor in it and drag race it. i think you are a member at a michigan forum (mds.com). A really light 500cc two stroke quad would tear it up at silver lake. If you want to race mx just leave the blaster motor in it and build it up.

FasstMidnightZ
01-08-2005, 12:29 PM
ehh probally suck in the end since its a 2-stroke..jp..good luck

muddy400EX
01-08-2005, 01:45 PM
maybe a yz250f motor?

markk
01-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by trailboss250
Well, i found out that my uncle that i never met welds for a living. I already have many many blaster parts. I am thinking about building a blaster with a different motor!
But anyways, i have searched alot and found alittle bit. What motor would you put in the frame? I am thinking about getting something thats air cooled. That would be easier to work with...right?
And also, it needs to be kick start, so that eliminates most 4-stroke engines. I will be using this for MX and Drag racing.
I dont really care about vibration, i mean i do, but it doesnt really bother me.
I plan on putting some really heavy guessets on the frame.
Looks like i am going to guesset the frame, line up the sproket, make new motor mounts, custom pipe. And maybe stetch the aarms? Or maybe extend the S-arm.
I need some ideas here! thanks

U can still use almost any 4-stroke dirtbike motors, If yoru looking at older motors i would drop an old TT thumper in there.

markk
01-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
maybe a yz250f motor?

are those air cooled or water??

cheetah
01-08-2005, 03:22 PM
A guy here locally stuffed a crotch rocket in one. Not sure what motor exactly, but it sits at a pawn shop down here. Sounds mean.

trailboss250
01-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Ok...i live on dirt roads..So i guess i can use it for stickly wide open drag racing type things. And keep my blaster for MX. But anyways...I NEED aircooled and kickstart!

TheFontMaster
01-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you want ether a 250x or a 350x trike motor. Both 4 stroke, and both air cooled. Or even the 400ex motor, but the one from the dirtbike that has the kickstart, I'm not shure of its name.