PDA

View Full Version : New ridder with a 03 400ex have some Q?

revnitup4u
01-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I bought a 03 40ex It has a dmc alien pipe , k&n and a dial a jet on it. Is the dial a jet a good jet system? Should I have it replaced and put something else on? Thanks To who reply.

Memphis,Tn
Justinkyle

400exdad
01-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Several folks on here have tried to get some to work.... without success I think. Dial-a-jet is a cool concept, but I don't think it works very well. I don't like the way you have to tap into the bowl drain to feed it. Plus you have to put a permanent hole in the air tube.

There is not another jetting system on the market like it, but if you remove it you will no doubt have to do some jetting to make it run right... which is why the guy put it on there in the first place.

I guess, since you live so close to me :D you could put a quieter pipe on it instead of the Alien. :D Welcome to the forum!

Oh, if you want to see what others did with the dial-a-jet system, do a search in powertrain for "dial" and maybe "dirtmomma" in the user name. I think she and her hubby worked on the system for awhile before giving up.

revnitup4u
01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.

Justin