PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Xtreme Indoor Ice Racing Event Last night

TheJaspMan
01-08-2005, 06:19 AM
You know I have never understood all the rules involved in oval track racing. But I was impressed with the effort the promotors put into it. It was an AMA sanctioned event. And the crowd was bigger than I expected. For the $10 admission I would suggest it as a night out for anyone.

There were about 10 quads and 10 bikes. Some internationl guys that toured with the group. The rest were invited locals. I eneded up see a bunch of guys I knew.

Some of the quads looked fantastic. Others were ragged and you tell tehy raced them all the time. But they were also some of the quicker riders.

One thing I was a surprised with was the elimination of classes. One guy had an 1100cc Harley engine in what looked like a 400ex frame. It dominated against stock machines. But I would think so! It was heaveir and had twice the power. As long as he hooked up there was no beating him. It was odd. The non-racing crowd was all over though. Kinda funny really.

No major wrecks although I can see where they might have them if they got slammed into the walls. But mostly they just laid down and slid.

dirtmomma
02-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Was this the ICE Speedway series??? Did ya see a gal named Chandra Swain in the Pro class if so?? She's great, I race w/ her locally on the dirt ;)

TheJaspMan
02-07-2005, 08:48 AM
No ladies at all!!!! :confused:

clarkymckrash
02-14-2005, 04:25 PM
was there a dude there with a black 250R that went by the name "flying phil"?

TheJaspMan
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
There was a flying somebody. But it has been too long to remember.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Was this the ICE Speedway series??? Did ya see a gal named Chandra Swain in the Pro class if so?? She's great, I race w/ her locally on the dirt ;) Have you heard how well shes doing Ice racing this year??? Does she MX race as well in the summer?