PDA

View Full Version : Building a new track

Jim300ex
04-25-2002, 02:15 PM
im gonna build a new MX track but for now how do i make a decent double for my 300 and a cannibal alike, we have all of the rescources of a construction company at my disposal so i wanna make a pretty sweet track, but my major concern is cutting down trees and taking out the roods thats why im just making a jump for now but all mx track building tips are welcome!!! thanks in advance

04-25-2002, 05:24 PM
I have one at my house, pretty much all u need is A LOT of dirt an common sense to know how to make jump angles and make them so you can clear them!!!

04-25-2002, 06:39 PM
the roots will be there for awhile..ur just have to cover em or cut em..as for jump make sure ur landing is rounded so if u come up short it doesnt kill u, and on the take off dont make it too steep cuz if it has too much pop ull go up and chances are come up short or land on yer head

400exBro
04-25-2002, 06:42 PM
if you think it is too steep it will be perfect after riding and rain it will pack after a while, best jump to start out is a table top and later on take away the middle if you get good.
Bro

Atomic83
04-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by freeridin400ex
...and on the take off dont make it too steep cuz if it has too much pop ull go up and chances are come up short or land on yer head

Yup, did that 2 weeks ago when I was builing my track...

04-25-2002, 09:19 PM
ITs not a good track unless it has a killer whoop section from he!!