PDA

View Full Version : hooray for snow

Scott-300ex
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Well we finally got snow that sticked, i was downstairs watching tv, then playin ps2, then playin pool and then i played my drums to lamb of god, if you care, so i come up-stairs and tell my dad, "Hey i heard we are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight" so what does my dad say? "Look outside" im like, no way so we got snow so i throw coveralls in my truck, 77 F-250 with lift and 33x12.50x16.5 and a 460 4x4, and head out, you had to try to slide, it wasn't much so it wasn't that slick, so im drivin and it keeps snowin, i get up to the town like 10 miles from me and there is 3 inches on the ground, so i was just playin around in that wishin i had a hot chick with me. so i go into town and between and entering ramp and the highway is a ZX2 and a 99 F-150 in a 6 foot ditch, just fell in there, im like, wtf is a ZX2 doin down there, so i come up to them real slow and do some hand gestures asking if they want me to pull them both out, the guys like no, don't worry about it, probably because there were 2 wreckers there, so that was fun and this is a really long paragraph. lets start another

So, i am worried if i'll make it home on gas, but i did, i was goin like 35mph and hit these huge snow drifts and snow was goin everywhere it was awsome, i wish i brought the camera to show you guys the cars in the ditches and stuff. So all im sayin here is we got snow. So tomorrow is quadin and snowmobiling day, all day:devil:

oh and i'll try to take some pics of us snowmobiling cause those things are awsome

later

elite ATV1
01-08-2005, 08:42 AM
you suck lol hte most snw i got that stuck only stuck in the gras adn not even the road well have fun u lucky b@ast@rd:macho :macho

I-7
01-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah on wednesday we got about 5 inches of snow. Then Wednesday night into Thursday we got another 8 inches, and then that turned to ice thursday afternoon. Now last night, we were getting another bunch of new snow, but turned to more ice this morning, and now its rain. We had ice accumulation about a half an inch. This crazy weather..

TC426EX
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
To HELL with this snow... If you guys like snow so much take some of it from here in OH. We keep getting dumped with this slushy sticky snow for like 3 days straight, and then it turns 50 degrees for 3 days and it melts, and then we get crapped on again, and the cycle continues... I wish it would either go away, or freeze so I could get some riding in either way... Indoor racing starts soon so I cant wait for that...

TheFontMaster
01-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Thursday we had a snowday, it was more due to freezing rain than snow but that stuff is fun to drive in, you can powerslide all over the place, and today we got about 3 inches so far and it keeps comming down. I'm expecting to get mabey another 6-8 inches today if this keeps up and I wanna snowboard, nothing liuke powder.:D

Stevie-D
01-08-2005, 12:14 PM
if ya'll want snow so bad, you can have mine. it snowed for a while then turned to ice on wednesday, then more snow wednesday night. so thursday morning, there is about half a foot of wet snow on the ground. so i go out and start plowing with the quad. i get about halfway done, and it starts raining:mad: so by the time i was done, i was soaked. our road is one solid sheet of bumpy ice. need my 4x4 to even make it up the hills:rolleyes: so ya, you can have my snow. i'm sick of it.

i must admit though that you can do some awesome driving in the snow. there are a few roads around here that are so small and bad that there is no way to plow them. so i went off-roading around them thursday. thats some fun stuff. :p

Scott-300ex
01-08-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah man, snow on roads was all gone today, and my cousin calls me and is like, hey come out to my house and we'll sled, so i drive out there, and there is nooooo snow on the ground, not on the driveway and not in the grass, on the deck there was but none in the grass, i was like wtf?

LazeR
01-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
yeah man, snow on roads was all gone today, and my cousin calls me and is like, hey come out to my house and we'll sled, so i drive out there, and there is nooooo snow on the ground, not on the driveway and not in the grass, on the deck there was but none in the grass, i was like wtf?

You dont need snow to sled ;) just tie off behind the quad tell him to sit in the sled and go for it :D

Stevie-D
01-09-2005, 12:49 PM
me and my bro were out in the snow with the quad and a sled earlier. we were jumping the sled, cruising on ice, etc..the dumb mofo ran me into a briar patch.

oh well..its some pretty fun stuff. there is about 4 inches of snow with about 2 or 3 inches of ice on top of it. the quad goes right on top of the ice:eek2: lmao.

400ex28
01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Here we had 24" and it sucked bacause it was too deep to ride in.

TheFontMaster
01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Well yeasterday was the first day I had to pull a car out of the snow. I'm gonna keep track of how many times this yea I have to do that. It was almost twice that I had to pull the same car out of the snow.