PDA

View Full Version : got a ? about some blaster 240 parts

dirtmomma
01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Ok well I got a guy who has a 240 head,sleeve,cylinder that came off of a blaster that we want to buy from him, he says the sleeve just needs to be honed other than that it's in good shape, I haven't seen it YET. It DOES NOT have the piston which is fine cuz my brother is a Wiseco dealer, anyway he's thinking $70 was just wondering if that sounded fair??

quadrcr161
01-07-2005, 08:52 AM
i havent priced much blaster parts, but it dosent sounds to bad if you get the whole top end. look at it, see if ou can see the old piston too. also check with him to see if you can carry it and have it checked to see if it needs bored or not. also be sure to order the piston before you bore it.

dirtmomma
01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
i havent priced much blaster parts, but it dosent sounds to bad if you get the whole top end. look at it, see if ou can see the old piston too. also check with him to see if you can carry it and have it checked to see if it needs bored or not. also be sure to order the piston before you bore it.

Oh yes I will def check it out, my brother knows his chit so he was supposed to look @ it last night as for the old piston, I doubt he has that but I'll see, it's really no big deal if it needs bored either our machine guy will whip it out for us :D ;)

quadrcr161
01-07-2005, 09:13 AM
cool, and for $70 it dosent sounds too bad, but it should haul after that. order the piston 1st and find out the tolerance that the piston company prefers before taking it to the machine shop so it can be bored to the right specs and not give you any problems. i went about a month one time blowing motors every week because the new guy boring/honeing it didnt read the specs and bored it too small. i knew it at 14 yrs old, but the motor builder and my dad kept blaming it on me not breaking it in right. needless to say they felt like asses and adopted my break in method. lol