PDA

View Full Version : Marcum's Kicks *****

BornOnFire
04-25-2002, 11:33 AM
I just bought the E-Series Slip-On pipe and three jets from Jerry Marcum and I mentioned that I was a member here. He gave me an additional 5% off. What a stud.

I recommend this guy to any one on this board who needs parts. He was extremely helpful and talked me out of buying the K&N jet kit for $50 and sold me just the three jets for less than $12. Cool huh?

The total cost came to $217 and change + Free shipping! 3-Day Fed Ex.

Just thought I'd share.

<<<BEAMING>>>>:D

Laters,

:devil

04-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Glad ta hear Jerry took care of ya..:huh LMAO

Yeah Terry's a good guy...:D

BornOnFire
04-25-2002, 11:43 AM
The only thing I am worried about is that I ordered the jets only and I won't be getting any instructions on how to adjust, etc.....

Does anyone here have a source to get these instructions?

I will need them seeing that I have never performed these mods before!

:huh

Thanks,

:devil

Texan32
04-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Its really easy. Go the the FAQ fourm. There you will see a post "Instructions on changing your pilot jet" writen by Zingnut. Those instructions are pretty close. The only difference....in Pic #2, the little brass looking that the arrow is pointing toward, thats your main jet. I would read that entire post. When you go to open your carb...it'll seem like cake. Have fun...oh yeah..grind them weld's i told you about

FYI alot of guys are running about 12 disc's on the e-series for good overall performance.

BornOnFire
04-25-2002, 12:03 PM
How many discs does the pipe come with? If I pull the header off of the block to gring the welds, would I need new gaskets or something to replace it?

Thanks!

Texan32
04-25-2002, 12:07 PM
I want to say it comes with 18. Not sure on that though. I do know the more disc's you put in, the more free flowing it is.
Few discs=more backpreasure=more bottom end snout
Lots of discs=less backpreasure=topend speed

I ran my stock exhaust for almost a year before i changed my pipes. I didn't put in new gaskits. Haven't has a problem yet.

DESDAK4
04-25-2002, 12:09 PM
The pipe will come with 12 discs. It is actually designed so you don't have to rejet. I replaced the gaskets at the head pipe but I've heard people say it didn't need done but they're like 3 bucks each so why risk not putting good stuff back in.

JabberJaw
04-25-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Texan32
I want to say it comes with 18. Not sure on that though. I do know the more disc's you put in, the more free flowing it is.
Few discs=more backpreasure=more bottom end snout
Lots of discs=less backpreasure=topend speed

I ran my stock exhaust for almost a year before i changed my pipes. I didn't put in new gaskits. Haven't has a problem yet.

Does this mean if I have several disc's removed from my spine ...... I will fart quieter? That's tight!!!

04-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw

Does this mean if I have several disc's removed from my spine ...... I will fart quieter? That's tight!!!

what's tight,,the fact you'll fart queiter or your sphinkter??:eek:

BornOnFire
04-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Glad ta hear Jerry took care of ya..:huh LMAO

Yeah Terry's a good guy...:D

Did I say Jerry? Duhhhhhh................

I meant Terry.......<<<< insert foot in mouth >>>>>>>

Sorry Terry :huh

ChadEXer
04-25-2002, 01:12 PM
I order all my stuff from Terry!!! I have spent somewhere around $2000 with him since I became a member here!