PDA

View Full Version : anyone new try the LTE's on a 400ex

cals400ex
01-06-2005, 11:45 PM
just looking to see if there are any other new owners out there that have the LTE exhaust for the ex? i am highly considering getting rid of my x-6. i hate to do it since it is in excellent shape, along with the $175 thermal coating job i have done.

maskale
01-07-2005, 06:48 AM
:confused: Why do you want to get rid of your X-6?

cals400ex
01-07-2005, 09:51 AM
my powerband is feeling a little weird. i think it is from this pipe or the rear tires i am running. its not that i don't like it, but i always like to try something new. :D

i would love to do an exhaust shootout with sparks, hmf, lte, and lrd. however, i just can't get my hands on a lte or the lrd.

Rdhanded2
01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
check out this thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104821&highlight=lte%2A)

This is an older thread with someone on here that installed it. PM them and ask how they like it.

muddy400EX
01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
ive heard that it gives good power but is really quiet. so if you dont need quiet then i think you should keep your sparks. i would

jmpulse
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I love the LTE set up on my quads. The sound is great, quiet, and the power is top notch.

cals400ex
01-08-2005, 01:37 AM
i actually read that thread. thanks though. yeah, i really don't need any quieter but i don't know if these will put out more than my x-6. i need to put my buddies full HMF on my bike and do some comparisons. it feels like my 5th gear is a bit doggy and i know it is my tires or my pipe. i haven't figured out which yet. i really don't want to pay that much though.

YZROOSTINYA
01-08-2005, 06:04 AM
waste-o-money

norcalatver
01-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I would love to have that exhaust. Here in Ca. noise is an issue and no other pipe handles the noise AND power issue like LTE. Its just the almost 800 bucks after shipping, handling, and tax. :(

cals400ex
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
yeah, i am in a toss up. the people who have it love it, the people who don't say it is a waste. however, i find people who have a megamax, for example, love that. i have talked to a few people that owned a few other exhausts and say it produces the most power out of what they tried.

RAPTORAZ
01-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
just looking to see if there are any other new owners out there that have the LTE exhaust for the ex? i am highly considering getting rid of my x-6. i hate to do it since it is in excellent shape, along with the $175 thermal coating job i have done.

I have yet to see any comparisons on an EX, but I have seen the LTE's dyno 4-5 more RWHP on a built Raptor over an X-6. And as a side bonus, they're quieter as well. I just ditched my Graydon for the LTE's on my Raptor. Awesome fit. I won't have a ride report until after this weekend at Four Stroke Wars though.

cals400ex
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
yeah, i may try them out. i know they sure look cool. but, if the power was no better or worse than my x-6, i wouldn't consider. i am looking for power, not looks. :D however, i am willing to bet they put out more than my x-6, but that is just a hunch.

muddy400EX
01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
dude, you have one of the best exhaust out there, if not the best. dont waste 700 dollars on another exhaust, thats just stupid IMO:(

cals400ex
01-12-2005, 10:34 PM
i know something is holding me back a bit, but i am still undecided. i added my tires and pipe around the same time and it started then. so i am going to swap tires with my buddy and see if that is the case. however, i think it may be the pipe. it seems as if my bike doesn't have enough power for that pipe. it wants to be at a higher rpm than i can dish out. it runs great in the first few gears and rev extremely quick but the bikes need more power to pull the upper gears, which is where mine powerband starts fading. my buddies 416 and 406's don't have this problem. however, they run a x-4 and a full hmf.

honduh440
01-12-2005, 11:34 PM
if seen several of these exhaust and rode a few the best conclusion ive came to is that they are pretty darn good for stock bikes but when it comes to a race ready motor it fits right in with the cobra exhaust

lte will never be as good as a sparks