PDA

View Full Version : 13:1 JE Piston Dyno Runs

2manycrashes
01-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Well,

Here are my dyno runs from a very reputable shop here in Tulsa (SandTrax). Of course I wanted the 50 mark, but I am happy with the results.

He gave me the dyno runs on disk so I pulled them up with the Dyno Viewer.

All my mods should be in my signature-

I have to thank username drthrottle for helping me/installing the piston. It made a huge difference in the quad's performance.

Anyways- Dynos vary, etc, etc- I just like reading these and thought you guys might like to as well. I had everything but the piston and headwork before and it dynoed at 43hp. So theoretically, the piston and head work added approx 5hp.

HP and Torque - First Graph

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/dr450r/dynos_hp_tq.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/dr450r/dynos_air_fuel.jpg

Adding RPM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/dr450r/dynos_hp_tq_rpm.jpg

kazpr
01-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Ok got my answers from the other site. :)

chad502ex
01-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by 2manycrashes
Well,

Here are my dyno runs from a very reputable shop here in Tulsa (SandTrax). Of course I wanted the 50 mark, but I am happy with the results.

He gave me the dyno runs on disk so I pulled them up with the Dyno Viewer.

All my mods should be in my signature-

I have to thank username drthrottle for helping me/installing the piston. It made a huge difference in the quad's performance.

Anyways- Dynos vary, etc, etc- I just like reading these and thought you guys might like to as well. I had everything but the piston and headwork before and it dynoed at 43hp. So theoretically, the piston and head work added approx 5hp.

great pulls 2many! I bet your really thrilled about those runs.

on the your best run (blue), it looks a little on the lean side but 14 is where you want for dyno runs. you could increase your octane level a bit to bring that a/f # down a bit below 13 now that your complete with testing. I'm not criticizing at all. personally, i'd rather be slightly rich than lean after the dyno runs are complete to prevent pre-ignition and the force with your high compression setup to the bottom of your crank.

excellent information 2many- great job!

chad502ex
01-07-2005, 06:59 AM
2many,

BTW: i've read the comments over at the other forum, and understand their puzzlement with the large jetting. I hope that someone over there can finally answer the big jetting dilema because I use to run the same 195 main jet too before my stroker was built and they laughed at me for having that big of a jet. I mentioned that the dyno a/f #'s don't lie and they still made comments to that. aggravates me that when i say the same thing there are ppl that think i'm boasting, but when other ppl say the same thing its not. if i could only understand this,..... Anyway, I don't want ppl thinking this is about me i'm just puzzled- this is your thread and you should be thrilled with your numbers.

I will say one thing that could be related to your a/f ratio going towards richness. There was an experiment done recently where a tiny camera was installed in the 450r cylinder facing the valves and valve seats and the 450r engine was rev'd to limit. the cameras film was slowed down and showed that the valves towards rev limit tend to slightly wobble and bend (not permanately tho). The valves even spiraled and bounced onto the seats at this high rpm too! This effect could seriously have an effect on a/f ratio if the mixture gets turbulant through this "wobble" condition. Just an theory maybe you might want to tell them since i cannot post my own reply,.....

2manycrashes
01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Chad502ex,

I appreciate your advice. Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The hp drops off a little quicker than I would like, but I guess the only condition that this would truly effect would be top end in fifth gear. Hopefully in the other gears, I would be shifting by 8500 rpms. I know on dirt I have to shift this thing about as fast as I can. The sand test will be this weekend, it may give me a little more time as it will be robbing some power.

As far as the politics go, the more I learn the more I try to stay out of them. My stance on issues like this are, here are my variables, here are the results and any advice is appreciated.

I would like an extra 2hp (just 4 numbers sake, ha ), but I don't want to go back in the motor for awhile.

mephyst
01-07-2005, 09:00 AM
2manycrashes- I have a full Sparks with spark arrestor also. When you remove it do you just take out that entire back piece with all those plates? Do you put anything in its place or just leave it a straight open hole? =P Thanks

2manycrashes
01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
2manycrashes- I have a full Sparks with spark arrestor also. When you remove it do you just take out that entire back piece with all those plates? Do you put anything in its place or just leave it a straight open hole? =P Thanks

Yes, I took all the plates off. The plates rob the hp considerable. Ride it a couple of times. Then take off the plates. If you are still not convinced, put them back on and feel the power drop.

I had the HRC endcap and the power of the sparks pipe with SA felt the same. I noticed the power increase once I pull the plates.

PS: I called sparks at the time and they said with the plates removed the pipe has the same HP as the non-spark arrested. They also verified the SA robs considerable power.

Hope this helps.

chad502ex
01-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 2manycrashes
Chad502ex,

I appreciate your advice.

certainly

As far as the politics go, the more I learn the more I try to stay out of them. My stance on issues like this are, here are my variables, here are the results and any advice is appreciated.

makes sense to me.

chad

kgbg
01-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Look into Oxy fuels for the 2 hp.