PDA

View Full Version : Dumont anyone?

Dumontexrider
01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Ill be heading out to dumont Jan 14th and 15th. If anyone else is going maybe we can meet up and ride

mephyst
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I will probably be there on my red 450r. I'm running a curtis sparks exhaust, and I have yet to see anyone else there with one. See you there.

Dumontexrider
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
I have a red 400ex and ill be with a group with a preditor, a yz125, a yellow 400ex, and a polaris sport 500. There might be a couple oddysses. See ya there

midwesty
01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
i was thinkin about coming out..but now i gotta work saturday nite and sunday durng the day:mad:

midwesty
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
i was thinkin about coming out..but now i gotta work saturday nite and sunday durng the day:mad:

shaker
01-13-2005, 01:53 AM
ill be out there friday, i have a tlz 400 and there will be a yellow 400ex and a blaster and a guy on a yami 426. i drive a gray dodge 1/2 ton. come over and say hi if ya see us........:blah:

Dumontexrider
01-13-2005, 02:34 PM
We're heading out there friday night and leaving saturday night.

midwesty
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
just curious...is the stream that you cross to get into Dumont the same stream that flows thru Baker?

if it is....it is FLOODED, i think it is going to be VERY hard to get across there and definitely not safe.....maybe there are other ways in..i dont know...only have been a few times

i only know of the stream as i just went by it from lancaster,ca back to Vegas...

just a thought

Dumontexrider
01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by midwesty
just curious...is the stream that you cross to get into Dumont the same stream that flows thru Baker?

if it is....it is FLOODED, i think it is going to be VERY hard to get across there and definitely not safe.....maybe there are other ways in..i dont know...only have been a few times

i only know of the stream as i just went by it from lancaster,ca back to Vegas...

just a thought

I dont know if its the same river but i think it is. We have to go through baker to get to Dumont. When did you find out it was flooded?

midwesty
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
i am not sure if Dumont is flooded..but the stream or creek or river that runs into Baker is DEFINITLY flooded...i just drove thru no less than 2hrs ago...closer to 1.5hrs ago actually...they got a TON of rain in that area over the last few weeks

just a heads up

Dumontexrider
01-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by midwesty
i am not sure if Dumont is flooded..but the stream or creek or river that runs into Baker is DEFINITLY flooded...i just drove thru no less than 2hrs ago...closer to 1.5hrs ago actually...they got a TON of rain in that area over the last few weeks

just a heads up

Well so did vegas. but ifyou got through baker than we should be able to.

midwesty
01-13-2005, 06:43 PM
well...i am not sure you know what i mean...

YES..u can get into baker and get on the road that takes you to Dumont from baker...but once you take the right into dumont dunes and go down the road a bit...and vere to the right and cross that stream(possible raging river right now) that is where the problem might be...

maybe you can get in on the little dunes or something...anyways..let us know

trust me...there is ALOT of standing water in the desert as well.....i would be willing to bet money that is the same creek or stream that runs thru there...

anyways...let us know

Dumontexrider
01-13-2005, 07:06 PM
alright, ill post if we could get through or not saturday night and how the dunes were

Dumontexrider
01-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Baker's land is really flooded but the dunes are fine. There werent half as many people as i thought there would be. The weather was perfect but the dunes were really rutted from the rain they recieved over the last week.

kthesandman
02-12-2005, 06:05 PM
The stream you cross for axcess to the dumont dunes ends up in Death Valley 280 ft. below sea level.

FatBoy Racing
02-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Our group will be there from Thurs morning thru to Monday night. There will be several RV's, and a lifted black F250 Harley Edition Super Duty 4-door. Easy to spot. See y'all there! Have fun!

Dumontexrider
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Alright, were going again this weekend 2/25 and 2/26. Anyone else going?