PDA

View Full Version : 330 guys, need starter help!

hondardr4life
01-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I went and F*@&#* up my starter. I was rising and shut the quad off, and when I went to start it, it just made a weird noise. So i had my brother get our arctic cat and we got my 330 started. I ran it a little longer and put it away. It still makes the wierd noise and nothin happens when you try to start it. Sooooo I am led to the conclusion that my starter is shot. Have any of you had problems with your starters? Also, how much does a new starter cost? Is there any way to get an aftermarket starter (dumb question). Or could I use a 400ex starter or something along those lines? What about putting on a 250x kick start?, how hard would that be??

Out_Sider
01-06-2005, 03:04 PM
it is makin a buzz or clickin noise? if so then u just need to charge your battery

countypark
01-06-2005, 03:40 PM
My 330 starts fine. Sounds like your battery is dying or your starter is going bad.

I might have one to sell if you are interested.

hondardr4life
01-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I would describe it as more of a clicking noise, maybe a little of both lol. I am thinking that the starter is shot, but im sure. I had some battery problems when I first got the 330 running. But i rode it and it charged, and it has started ever since. This time I just shut it off while I was riding and then tried to start it back up like a minute later. I might try to take out the plug and see if it will turn over or not. How much would you want for that starter, and what year 300 is it off, what kind of shape is it in, ect....?

hardkoratvmxr
01-06-2005, 05:19 PM
in my first 300 my starter kind of did the same things and i took it apart and realized that the little friction pads on the inside were bad so all i did was went to my honda shop got two replacement pads put them in and it worked so it could be that the pads are bad

underpowered
01-06-2005, 06:14 PM
could be your cylonoid. the easiest way to che that is to turn the key on and take and old screwdriver and cross up the terminals. if the motor cranks then your cylonoid is bad, if not check the batt. and starter.

the Z Man
01-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Keep it simple, it sounds to me like a bad ground.. Z

hondardr4life
01-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Hmm, now that I think about it, it may be a bad ground. Where does it ground at, so I can check it. Electrical is not at all my strong point, so all tips are appricated. I stick to engines and everything but electrical. So I have no idea ot you maen by cross the terminals??

the Z Man
01-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Alot of times the ground wire off the battery breaks in side the housing, so it will turn your lights on but not enough juice to crank er over. That would be a good start.

Fast350ex
01-06-2005, 09:29 PM
This happened to me at the track, it just shut of right as I was going for the tabletop. I pushed it of the track back to the truck, the guy next to me with a yfz asked what was wrong so I told him. And I showed him how it didn't want to start and he said my batt. connection was bad. I took the wires of the batt. and cleaned them and the batt. with a steal brush and then I sprayed some electrical cleaner on it. It started right up.

I think this is your problem, just clean the terminals and the wires, see if it works.

hondardr4life
01-07-2005, 04:28 AM
If this helps, it was raining like a MOFO (and has been for about 3 days) when I was riding. So maybe water had somehing to do with it.:confused: