PDA

View Full Version : Riding on Lake Erie????

quaddict53
01-06-2005, 05:36 AM
I was just curious if any of you northwestern PA riders ever go out on Lake Erie when it freezes over and if it is legal or not. My buddies and I are thinking of making a trip up from Pittsburgh in Febuary, and I was just wondering if anyone could give us any info....and will it even be frozen by mid Febuary??

Thanks
Cody

ThyJuGGaLo
01-06-2005, 11:08 AM
i don't know if it'll be frozen or not. Im In Corry PA about an hour from Lake Erie. like a week before xmas vacation my Auto teacher was riding down the beach and when theres trees down you have to ride out into the lake a little ways, well he did, and ended up getting phenmonia(sp?) lol

XANDADA
01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
you couldn't pay me to go out on Lake erie when its frozen! I've heard too many horror stories...

quaddict53
01-06-2005, 11:50 AM
well my buddy's dad works at the US attorneys office or sumthin up there and he says that people go out on the lake all the time in the winter...i was just wondering if anyone did and what the cops do...and its not like we'll be cruising across the lake, we'll be stayin mainly in the bay area where the water is shallower(if thats a word)....apparently people take trucks out there, so we'll obviously make sure the ice will hold plenty of other stuff before we head out:eek: ................anyone else??

Quad18star
01-06-2005, 11:52 AM
With the mild weather we've been having , you couldn't pay me enough to go out there right now . Everything from Above Freezing conditions to Rain .... ice conditions can change in a matter of a few hours .

coryatver
01-06-2005, 12:26 PM
No way I would go out there.

UglyMotha™
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
done it a couple time, its not the funnest thing to do in my oppinion, dunno last i checked it's legal you can drive your truck out there and everything i wouldn't do it right now and at this rate, round here right now i dunno if it will be frozen solid enough by mid feburary or not