PDA

View Full Version : honda parts are soooo interchangable

iceracer65
01-06-2005, 01:07 AM
i was setting up my 450r for iceracing tonight with a shortened swing arm...i had it all put together and the ride heighth was just too high for me in the back.

after picking my brain for a while i remembered i had a rear shock for my old 350x trike laying around...would it work??? well after some measuring i figured the stock one had to come out.

when all was said and done the 19 year old:eek2: shock bolted right in just like it was meant to be there!!! desired ride height and all!! i couldnt believe it.

try and do that with a yamaha!!! these are the things that make hondas the best bikes hands down, the engineered interchangablity that is lacking in all other atvs out there.

thanks honda for making it so easy to taylor your machines to your riders:D

Sportrax10
01-06-2005, 04:32 AM
:macho

Got any pics? :blah:

dirtmomma
01-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
:macho

Got any pics? :blah:

DITTO:D

quadrcr161
01-06-2005, 09:31 AM
you havent played with many honda cars have you? lol :D

oldschool
01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
no cannondales are the most reliable, easy to work on, interchangeable with all brands, and easy to find parts for.....it is easy to work on dales, if it doesnt start, it could only be a couple things....ecm, ecm connection, fuse blown, bad battery, bad connection in one of the 10,000 connectors under the air-box, flooded plug, throttle body stuck, fuel pump out, fuel filter bad, fuel screen in the tank clogged, injectors bad or dirty, coil burnt or ungrounded, need to re-calibrate or re-map ecm with the $300.00 D&M kit, plus computer, or maybe you looked at it funny and it got mad, come back tomorrow it will run fine because thats what cannondales do....so you see it is simple, dales are the easiest!!!!:D

Dan_Guetter
01-07-2005, 02:14 AM
LMAO!!!:D

oldschool
01-07-2005, 06:07 AM
deuche, that was my piont, sorry you didnt catch on that it was a joke, if you ever decide to get a sence of humor when you mom comes back off the street from workin about sunrise, then let me know if you understand after reading my post again, loser. why start with name calling just because i was being sarcastic? grow up or dont share your poor-man riggin stories anout old junky three wheeler parts, hondas **** is outdated, thats why stuff interchanges, because thay are still using 1985 technology and charging fools like you out the a s s for it, but thats where a fool and his money seperate.

iceracer65
01-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by oldschool
deuche, that was my piont, sorry you didnt catch on that it was a joke, if you ever decide to get a sence of humor when you mom comes back off the street from workin about sunrise, then let me know if you understand after reading my post again, loser. why start with name calling just because i was being sarcastic? grow up or dont share your poor-man riggin stories anout old junky three wheeler parts, hondas **** is outdated, thats why stuff interchanges, because thay are still using 1985 technology and charging fools like you out the a s s for it, but thats where a fool and his money seperate.

sorry old school....had a little too much to drink when i quoted you last time BUT...."poor man riggin stories" and " because thay are still using 1985 technology and charging fools like you out the a s s for it" in case you werent in the sport in '98 honda started the sport quad revolution with the 400ex.

i guess maybe next time i will get your "piont"... whatever that is lol:devil:

p.s. when you start hooking up like this on ice with no studs...give me a call:huh

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/51066/antigo%20hauling.jpg

oldschool
01-07-2005, 10:33 AM
i have no desire to even ride on ice, let alone worry about hooking up on it.....honda is still playing catch-up with the cannondales that are out of production....not even to mention the ATK which is twice the bike that hondas 450 is!!! so i was in the sport of mx in 98, but it was on bikes, not quads, i remember when people started showing up with 400`s in the time when the 250r was dominant still, so yes i remember when honda made the move, but look at the technology that went into the 400ex engine...looks like a 86 350x with a different jug to me, and still using the same weak *** power-plant on the new 400, slow doggy and everything in between, the 400`s are junk, with no power it`s not hard to hook up on ice with no studs, cause it wont break traction, it`s weak, when you jump a triple or double that is 100 + foot gap, holla at me and i`ll try to hook up on ice for you, we can both learn something.