PDA

View Full Version : 2005 hatfeild ride!

Pages : [1] 2

bradley300
01-05-2005, 11:42 PM
figure i can start this early so everyone can plan ahead and we can make this the biggest ride ever. i'll plan the summer trip since that is most likely the one i can attend. with that said, july and august are free of gncc's, anyone know the gnc schedules? start spittin out dates and lets see what we can come up with

redrunner
01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
All right this time.... uhh maybe I shouldn't ride until I go. That way I can stay in one piece!!!:eek2:

Taco
01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Too far of a drive for me:grr:

400ex28
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Taco

k2-dawg
01-10-2005, 06:41 AM

Doibugu2
01-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Taco and K2, your on my way, I can pick you up!:D

bradley300
01-11-2005, 08:34 AM
anyone want to make it the weekend of 4th of july? gives friday,sat and sunday to ride,leave on monday the 4th. this would prolly help out people w/ getting off work

Motoman440
01-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Something tells me the Hatfield ride's are slowly going by the wayside. :( I'm game for whenever though. By the way Bradley what is a cottonheadedninnymuggins???:confused:

400ex28
01-11-2005, 03:54 PM

parkers30
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
anyone want to make it the weekend of 4th of july? gives friday,sat and sunday to ride,leave on monday the 4th. this would prolly help out people w/ getting off work

I'd be interested if you planned it then

bradley300
01-11-2005, 10:10 PM
your right motoman, hatfield rides seem to be fading away, but there a blast, so i will plan a summer trip for as long as i can. as you know, its probably the best time you'll have all summer

if there are no objections, i'll plan on the 4th of july weekend. i'll set this date in stone in say, 1 month. plenty of time for people to suggest other dates or bring up concerns such as dirt days (wich i havent looked into yet)

and motoman, in the movie Elf, will ferell calls his self a cotton headed ninny muggins. thought it sounded funny,lol

redrunner
01-12-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Something tells me the Hatfield ride's are slowly going by the wayside. :( I'm game for whenever though. By the way Bradley what is a cottonheadedninnymuggins???:confused:

:(

Motoman440
01-12-2005, 04:47 AM
your right motoman, hatfield rides seem to be fading away, but there a blast, so i will plan a summer trip for as long as i can. as you know, its probably the best time you'll have all summer

and motoman, in the movie Elf, will ferell calls his self a cotton headed ninny muggins. thought it sounded funny,lol

Yes, the two I have been on have been good times!!! Always lookin forward to riding and seeing everyone!!! Let me know if ya need any help settin this one up.

Rico
01-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Fading away my ***.

There will always be alteast 1 ride per year.

July 4th weekend sucks. I bet every jackleg with a quad will be there. How about the weekend after the 4th???

I might make a trip there next month.....:uhoh:

Doibugu2
01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Fading away my ***.

There will always be alteast 1 ride per year.

July 4th weekend sucks. I bet every jackleg with a quad will be there. How about the weekend after the 4th???

I might make a trip there next month.....:uhoh:

I agree, I don't like the idea of it being the 4th. For most of us, I don't think its the time off work, its more just the timing of the trip.

Cdaleracer
01-12-2005, 08:57 AM
4th of july weekend is GNC Daniel Boone.

bradley300
01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
alrighty, july 7-10 sound better for everyone? thanks for the info about the daniel boone race, i want to go watch

Cdaleracer
01-12-2005, 09:22 AM
no problem Bradley300, just want to help in way possible. As of now, I plan on racing there that weekend. But that is 7 months away, and I just might chicken out when the date gets closer.

k2-dawg
01-12-2005, 01:29 PM
4th of July would suk! Rico is right, every mofo and there brother will be there riding. 7-10 would be much better.

Rico - when next month gonna ride the H/M? Me and Dewey might tag along if thats alright.

Motoman440
01-13-2005, 07:07 AM
If anyone cares there is a local harescamble on Saturday, July 9th right next door to the Waterways trailhead!!! It's one in the Paul Koontz series. If the ride is that weekend hopefully some of you guys will want to run it. Lot of fun and smaller turnouts than GNCC races.

Rico, you comin over in Feb??? Usually colder than blue balls in Feb but understand as well. Tryin to get a few rides in before family extension kicks in. Bring your insulated coveralls and some ski gloves and you'll be good to go, redneck style!!! LOL!!! Let me know.

bradley300
01-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
no problem Bradley300, just want to help in way possible. As of now, I plan on racing there that weekend. But that is 7 months away, and I just might chicken out when the date gets closer.

i would love to race a gnc mx, but i KNOW i would chicken out or get hurt, so i am content with watching them,lol

blk05_450r
01-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm new too the boards, and trying to find some places to ride...anyone care to tell me where HM is ???

Bill Fuller
01-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Logan West Virginia.'O by the way they are talking about the Hatfield/Mccoy trails.

TheFontMaster
01-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Sounds like fun. I wanted to go to the last one, but I didnt have my licence then. My only problem is that H/M is quite the ways away.

chuckles
01-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Count me in too guys....i got some plaques from last ride to hand out that my dad made....bradley, RD, and Wyndzer have one waiting.......and i wanna go to on the feb ride if you guys are doing that...

Chino
01-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Ill try to be there, Motogurl, you bring the vodka, ill bring the captain, and Jack :devil:

P.S. i tried callin ya the other night, your ol lady said you was out changin diapers and ironing clothes:confused:

Kilabanshee
01-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Set up a date and ill try my hardest to be there!

bradley300
01-18-2005, 08:00 PM
dates will be set in stone in about a month, i want to get plenty of input on preferred dates first

chuckles
01-18-2005, 08:18 PM
dates will be set in stone in about a month, i want to get plenty of input on preferred dates first

i say we go a week after bradley buys 16 new lug nuts...any one else think thats a good idea?

blk05_450r
01-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Is this place pretty good ?? And is it a one day thing or are you all going to camp for a day or two ? If so, I'm willing to drive the 6 and 1/2 hours and bring a few people...that is as long as we can party ????? :bandit:

chuckles
01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by blk05_450r
Is this place pretty good ?? And is it a one day thing or are you all going to camp for a day or two ? If so, I'm willing to drive the 6 and 1/2 hours and bring a few people...that is as long as we can party ????? :bandit:

Yea man these trails are a top ten riding place as far as i am concerned. some of us local guys make one day in and out trips through the year but the one that bradley is planning for this summer will be a couple night stay and longer if you let him know how long you want the site. and yes we can party as long as we are respectful of the other campers...but usually we have a few sites close to the front with no one else around..they sorta know what we are there to do.

blk05_450r
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Haha, that's about all I do. Sounds good...I can probably bring two or three guys with me. Are there usually alot of people around there camping...I say the more people around the better it is. And do you know how far it might be from Gatlinburg, TN ???

chuckles
01-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Haha, that's about all I do. Sounds good...I can probably bring two or three guys with me. Are there usually alot of people around there camping...I say the more people around the better it is. And do you know how far it might be from Gatlinburg, TN ???

Yea i think last time we had like 20 more...i cant remember now....and from gatlinburg its like 250 miles and a 5 1/2 hr. trip. here is the map.

blk05_450r
01-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks...yea, looks like its about a 6 and 1/2 hour drive for me. I look forward to it though. Class at 8 in the morning, guess it's bed time...i'll give ya a shout later. Thanks again for the map. :D

Bill Fuller
01-19-2005, 04:54 AM
I am going to talk to my dad and see if we can go also,sounds like you guys have a blast.:D

Motoman440
01-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Chino
Ill try to be there, Motogurl, you bring the vodka, ill bring the captain, and Jack :devil:

P.S. i tried callin ya the other night, your ol lady said you was out changin diapers and ironing clothes:confused:

Sounds like a plan!!! Yeah, she was on a good ole drunk while Big Daddy D was puttin the kids to bed!!! LOL!!! That is, in between loads of laundry!!!

You gonna run the Koontz race on the Saturday the 9th when ya come down???

k2-dawg
01-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by chuckles
i say we go a week after bradley buys 16 new lug nuts...any one else think thats a good idea?

As long as they are the same size.........

bradley300
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by k2-dawg
As long as they are the same size......... :mad:

well, i sold the 300, so im bringin the blasty. so far its held together well!

chuckles
01-19-2005, 11:41 AM
:mad:

its lighter so it can go farther when he wrecks!

UglyMotha™
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
now why on earth would i want to go and hang out with a bunch of yuppies :o

redrunner
01-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
now why on earth would i want to go and hang out with a bunch of yuppies :o

Ah heck I was hoping you didn't see this thread... oh well I guess it will be ok if you go...:D

No really this and the dunes ride are 2 that I want to do for sure, you gonna make this one?

UglyMotha™
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
hatfield would probably be dull and boring without me :o

plus i been there the past few years so i can't see missing this one MUHAHA

i know i won't be at the dunes in april cause my engine won't be done by then i'll probably wait till fall to hit the dunes up, the dunes weren't to exciting for me i'd rather hit hatfield instead

blk05_450r
01-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I guess I get to bring a few Chattanooga Country Folksss and show you Northerners a lil' sump'n sump'n. :devil:

Bill Fuller
01-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Woot woot:muscle: :macho

TheFontMaster
01-19-2005, 06:28 PM
I just looked at the directions for me. Are these Hatfield rides worth a 10.5 hour drive each way?

k2-dawg
01-19-2005, 07:10 PM
:mad:

Yeah, but the ride is still 5 1/2 months away. :devil:

parkers30
01-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I want to go but I start school that Monday in MI

Rico
01-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I just looked at the directions for me. Are these Hatfield rides worth a 10.5 hour drive each way?

Yes.

Doibugu2 drives about that far each year. He comes down from chicago, but he stays for about 6 days, which I recommend for you.

We've had anywere from 50 riders to 12 at these rides. Do a search for hatfield mccoy threads and you'll find some crazy pics and stories. Some of the funnest times I"ve ever had riding ATV's has been at the hatfield trails.

bradley300
01-20-2005, 07:18 AM
its lighter so it can go farther when he wrecks!

thats right, i'm gonna jump that dang mountian this time! first time was a failure,lol

UglyMotha™
01-20-2005, 07:47 AM
now the only thing you should have to worry bout is hitting a tree :o

you think you only gotta worry bout trees when your on the ground but i can vouch that they get in the way when your in the air too:uhoh:

blk05_450r
01-20-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm just going to get so drunk at night that I forget how to ride a fourwheeler for a few hours...then it will probably take an army to pull my out of bed the next morning. :huh

Motoman440
01-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm just going to get so drunk at night that I forget how to ride a fourwheeler for a few hours...then it will probably take an army to pull my out of bed the next morning. :huh

They have been known to drag people out of bed with the exhaust of a quad in the door of your tent at 6:00 a.m. with the engine running!!! LOL!!! :eek:

wyndzer
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, I guess I'll come and ride with you sissies. I need to find that rock with half of my elbow still on it:eek2: :mad:
Hey Ricardo how far are you from Harlan, KY? Thinking of bringing the jeeps up there towards the end of Feb. first of March. Wanna ride along?:macho

UglyMotha™
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Well, I guess I'll come and ride with you sissies. I need to find that rock with half of my elbow still on it:eek2: :mad:
Hey Ricardo how far are you from Harlan, KY? Thinking of bringing the jeeps up there towards the end of Feb. first of March. Wanna ride along?:macho

well from what i could see, there should be several to pick from :o

chuckles
01-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Hell guys lets just pack up go this winter... a snow ride would pretty sweet, and it helps control the swelling when you guys wreck!

Rico
01-20-2005, 02:09 PM

I have no idea were it is honestly, but yeah I'd love ta ride shotgun on a jeepin adventure...:devil: Got room for a small cooler in the jeep...:o

More info on were this place is at please.

Rico
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™

you think you only gotta worry bout trees when your on the ground but i can vouch that they get in the way when your in the air too:uhoh:

ROFLMFAO

Yeah, ole ugly hear took the bark off of a tree about 12 foot off the ground last year....:eek:

blk05_450r
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
They have been known to drag people out of bed with the exhaust of a quad in the door of your tent at 6:00 a.m. with the engine running!!! LOL!!! :eek:

Ill be on either end of that deal...just depends on how late I stay up.

And I think I could take the top of the tree off 12 feet off the ground....after a 1/5 of jagerrrrrrrrrr. :huh :eek2:

Bill Fuller
01-20-2005, 05:27 PM
ROFLMFAO

Yeah, ole ugly hear took the bark off of a tree about 12 foot off the ground last year....:eek: I'll vouch for that!I still can't believe he was laying down there the whole time:eek2: :D

littleugly03
01-20-2005, 09:21 PM
ROFLMFAO

Yeah, ole ugly hear took the bark off of a tree about 12 foot off the ground last year....:eek:

ya i had to pull his quad back up the hill and he had to sit on the front of my quad so i could get it up because it was just jumping all over the place. lol i just remember going around a turn and i see my brother walking up the side of the hill and then just falling to the ground. lmao. it wasn't funny at first but then when you saw he was ok and the quad it was kinda funny.

the whole UGLY family should be there this year.

Ugly are you going to bring mike or brent with ya.:D

blk05_450r
01-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I know how that goes...I had to pull a predator 500 up a hill with my 450r last sunday and had to have someone run in front of mine holding the front down..i'ts about like a tractor pul...lol :eek:

littleugly03
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
ya its like that:D

Rico
01-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by littleugly03

muahahahahahah that's funny stuff there....:D

I would like to find out what days they have hill climbs on so we can schedule a date around a weekend of drags and hill climbs...:cool:

UglyMotha™
01-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by littleugly03

boy........... i dunno whether to LMAO or be ashamed :huh

I don't forsee brent coming and it's hard to tell with mike :o

bradley300
01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
bump!

SJKFX700
01-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Check out this place, a group of us from NJ & PA stayed here last June, real nice folks and the browning fork trail is right up the street.
http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/Browning Fork Trailhouse (http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/)
It was a 10hr ride from NJ and well worth it!

sharkinthepool
01-25-2005, 05:09 AM
So I take it you are going on this one UGLY! Try to keep me in mind. My nephew and I are going to try and go, but I do not get to keep tabs on things like I used too. I try and keep hitting this site every once in a while to keep up on things but nothing like before. The nephew is watching it too. Maybe we could meet up and follow each other down!

Oh yeah I will get back too you on the light bar! I still want to get that from you!

UglyMotha™
01-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
So I take it you are going on this one UGLY! Try to keep me in mind. My nephew and I are going to try and go, but I do not get to keep tabs on things like I used too. I try and keep hitting this site every once in a while to keep up on things but nothing like before. The nephew is watching it too. Maybe we could meet up and follow each other down!

Oh yeah I will get back too you on the light bar! I still want to get that from you!

sounds like a plan, i'm deffinantly goin we'll see bout hooking up i don't have a problem with that

heh, i had just made a post on omr bout the light bar was wondering if you were still interested, just let me know

sharkinthepool
01-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I posted you back at OMR. Hopfully it will work out OK. Thanks Ugly I will be sure to get in touch with you over the weekend. Was your number included in your pm at OMR? If not be sure to PM it to me.

I will try to call you on Saturday... I have a Archery shoot on Friday night and another on Sunday!

Rico
01-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by SJKFX700
Check out this place, a group of us from NJ & PA stayed here last June, real nice folks and the browning fork trail is right up the street.
http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/Browning Fork Trailhouse (http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com/)
It was a 10hr ride from NJ and well worth it!

Thanks fer the offer but we call Logan Camp Ground home when we go to hatfield...;)

bradley300
01-27-2005, 07:23 AM
yeah that looks like a great place, but if we are close to one trail head, usually means were that much farther away from the rest.

i am also still wanting to hear dates that people would prefer. preferably july and august. there are no gncc then, the Loretta Lynn gnc is august 12th i think, a koonts race on july 9th anf the 4th of july is crowded, as well as being the daniel boone gnc.

Chino
01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
if ya do it around the 9th some of em can stay and ride hatfield or what they want and the rest of us go race, it's close to waterways i belive. I'm not 100% sure if i'm gonna make the trip, but i will definatly be racing the koontz race on the 9th so either way ill be around, imagine if all us showed up @ a race :devil: :macho

Motoman440
01-28-2005, 08:53 AM
if ya do it around the 9th some of em can stay and ride hatfield or what they want and the rest of us go race, it's close to waterways i belive. I'm not 100% sure if i'm gonna make the trip, but i will definatly be racing the koontz race on the 9th so either way ill be around, imagine if all us showed up @ a race :devil: :macho

I'm still up for that weekend!!! I think it would be fun if we all went to race on Saturday versus the mule train ride through the woods!!! Regardless, I'll see ya there Chenus!!!

UglyMotha™
01-28-2005, 08:58 AM
so when should i start packing :o

Rico
01-28-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm still up for that weekend!!! I think it would be fun if we all went to race on Saturday versus the mule train ride through the woods!!! Regardless, I'll see ya there Chenus!!!

I ain't skeeeeeert ta race on saturday.....:macho

Doibugu2
01-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Just as long as I don't come in last.

Harlen should give us an ATVRIDERS banner or something.

bradley300
01-28-2005, 05:51 PM
i'm up for racin' should we make it that weekend?

k2-dawg
01-28-2005, 07:11 PM
I vote for that!

Chino
01-28-2005, 10:33 PM
WAHOOO sounds like were getting somewhere. Now, where's Taco's imput, you know it's the most important :ermm: :devil:

K 2 dawg whatever you do ol buddy, don't sell that fo wheela!! or if you do decide to ever, make sure you contact my semi skinny white *** first!

bradley300
01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
bumpity bump!

brian-250
01-30-2005, 04:25 PM
im gonna try my *** off to make this ride.:D

sharkinthepool
01-31-2005, 05:25 AM
So what are the dates, or do we know for sure?

And are we racing or just riding???:ermm:

UglyMotha™
01-31-2005, 06:20 AM
sounds like we might be mixing it up a little

bradley300
01-31-2005, 09:11 AM
the dates have not been set, i am still wanting input from as many people as possible. i will be setting a date in about 2 weeks. if we end up going the weekend after 4th of july, we would ride thurs and friday race sat. and ride/go home sunday

TheFontMaster
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
the dates have not been set, i am still wanting input from as many people as possible. i will be setting a date in about 2 weeks. if we end up going the weekend after 4th of july, we would ride thurs and friday race sat. and ride/go home sunday

That seems like it would be the best choice. I really wanna go on one of these rides.

blk05_450r
01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
So is this race that is on Saturday, is it close to Hatfield or something ?? I have never raced, what kind of classes do you all run ??? :confused:

Pappy
01-31-2005, 03:47 PM
ive never been to hatfield on the same quad twice:D

Motoman440
01-31-2005, 06:42 PM
So is this race that is on Saturday, is it close to Hatfield or something ?? I have never raced, what kind of classes do you all run ??? :confused:

Yeah, it's right next door to the Waterways Trailhead. I went to the location a couple of weeks ago and the best that I can tell, they will have to use part of the Waterways system. Check out the website at www.koontzadventures.com for the classes. It's all fun and a good time. Probably won't be a huge turnout either.

redrunner
02-01-2005, 04:51 AM

Brad

The schedule says the race is Sat. the 16th, maybe it's wrong but that would be 2 weeks after the 4th weekend. Just a heads up!;)

Motoman440
02-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Brad

The schedule says the race is Sat. the 16th, maybe it's wrong but that would be 2 weeks after the 4th weekend. Just a heads up!;)

He swithed em around from the original schedule. Oh well, so much for everyone racing. :(

bradley300
02-01-2005, 07:28 AM
we can still race motoman, like i said, our schedule is not in stone yet. i would like as much input from people as i can before we set a date

Rico
02-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Lets keep the date after the 4th, race or no race. Hell we all pretty much run at race pace anyway while were on the trails, just no plaques for the winner.

Well if your a jackass you'll get a trophy so all in all, someone is gonna walk away that weekend with a trophy....:devil:

Bradley, lets write the date in stone soon. We need to reserve camping spots ASAP. You can't meet everyones date as we know from the past trips.

Me and pops will be there for sure.

bradley300
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
will do, how bout in 1 week we et the date in stone? i still need to see if I can come,lol

Runnin Dumb
02-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Bradley, even if you can't make it you already got an award!!! And thanks to you and your lack of lug nuts, I got mine. I'm goin' don't have ta ride a lick, comin' home with wood:devil:

Oh yeah, got the weekend after the 4th of July on Momma's (you can go) list. It's a female plannin' thing, my stuff, her's/our's stuff.

Chino
02-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Dumb
Bradley, even if you can't make it you already got an award!!! And thanks to you and your lack of lug nuts, I got mine. I'm goin' don't have ta ride a lick, comin' home with wood:devil:

Oh yeah, got the weekend after the 4th of July on Momma's (you can go) list. It's a female plannin' thing, my stuff, her's/our's stuff.

See ya down thur ya DCS trap setter, where's rimjob and spinch's input at it wont be no fun if we dont have the snoring of good ol rimmjobber:D

littleugly03
02-05-2005, 07:56 AM
i cant wait to go this winter can be over by now im sick of the cold weather.:rolleyes:

bradley300
02-05-2005, 05:32 PM
well lets plan for the weekend after the 4th. i might not be able to make it for anything but the saturday ride tho. :( anybody else want to make the reservations?

02-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Who all is going to hatfeild/waterways/elkveiw or w/ tommorow (sunday) ??

motoman440- me and josh are going as of now, where are we going?

bradley300
02-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Yes, the two I have been on have been good times!!! Always lookin forward to riding and seeing everyone!!! Let me know if ya need any help settin this one up.

you wanna call and reserve the campsites?we'll go on and plan for the 8th-10 throw in that thursday if peeps are coming early

rico, whats the number and what sites do we get?

Rico
02-08-2005, 10:35 AM
you wanna call and reserve the campsites?we'll go on and plan for the 8th-10 throw in that thursday if peeps are coming early

The dates are 7th - 10th. That's a Thursday thru Sunday. Me and dad should be there thursday sometime.

The sites reserved are 4 - 6, the usual sites basically.

Now who's bringing me beer this year????

Motoman440
02-08-2005, 02:32 PM

Dam, I guess Iv'e been outta commishion for a couple of days. Looks like Rico has us squared away though. I'll need a full hook-up for the popper up camper. See you fellars soon!!!

Tommy 17
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
i'll try to be there!!!!

blk05_450r
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
What is the name of the site where the spots are reserved, and how many people will 3 spots hold ??? I need to check on directions and before I do that I want to make sure there is room for me and maybe 2 or 3 other friends...I'll keep the number at a minimum, I don't want EVERYONE to get smoked that weekend.
:eek2: :D :devil: :o

UglyMotha™
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
chief logan

theres usally all kinds of room left over, we can fit quite a few tents on one spot and if all else fails we'll just start stacking them

Chino
02-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Dam, I guess Iv'e been outta commishion for a couple of days. Looks like Rico has us squared away though. I'll need a full hook-up for the popper up camper. See you fellars soon!!!

you got room in the popper for me or is miller lite dave comin along :confused::D :D

Rico
02-09-2005, 01:45 PM
What is the name of the site where the spots are reserved, and how many people will 3 spots hold ??? I need to check on directions and before I do that I want to make sure there is room for me and maybe 2 or 3 other friends...I'll keep the number at a minimum, I don't want EVERYONE to get smoked that weekend.
:eek2: :D :devil: :o

The 3 spots I reserved should hold about 40 riders, tents and vehicles. Trust me. I"ve got it all covered, been doin it for 3 years now.

Bring me a 12 pack of beer though, that's what all newbies have to do. Keystone light please...:devil:

UglyMotha™
02-09-2005, 01:49 PM

Bring me a 12 pack of beer though, that's what all newbies have to do. Keystone light please...:devil:

then why did you make me spoon with you first night i was there :(

to this day i still don't feel comfortable sleeping on my side :eek:

Motoman440
02-09-2005, 01:56 PM
The 3 spots I reserved should hold about 40 riders, tents and vehicles. Trust me. I"ve got it all covered, been doin it for 3 years now.

Chit!!! He's gettin off cheap!!! I brought a bottle of Jimmy Beam and didn't even get one shot!!!:grr: Then Chenus drank all my Vodka and now he's wantin a place to stay.

Chenus,

I can probably get ya in there. Not sure if K2 will come or not but I'm keepin him a place and one other buddy of mine who will more than likely come. You might be on an air mattress but it beats the chit out of tent!!!

Bill Fuller
02-09-2005, 04:44 PM
:eek2: :D :devil: :o :bandit: smoked:bandit: :D :rolleyes: Bring it!!

Chino
02-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Chit!!! He's gettin off cheap!!! I brought a bottle of Jimmy Beam and didn't even get one shot!!!:grr: Then Chenus drank all my Vodka and now he's wantin a place to stay.

Chenus,

I can probably get ya in there. Not sure if K2 will come or not but I'm keepin him a place and one other buddy of mine who will more than likely come. You might be on an air mattress but it beats the chit out of tent!!!

SOUNDS SUPER DUPER espicially if you provide the air mattress, ill owe ya bigtime, us hillbilly's in preston county dont have no air matress just some deer hides. If ya got one that's cool, if not ill find one, i'm definatly bringin you a bottle of ABSOLUTE and ill bring rico a can or two of Miluakees Beast:devil:

Runnin Dumb
02-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Ya bring the Beast, it ain't goin' in Rico's belly;) Too strong fer a Kid, Daddy beer ya know:D And better make that two(2) bottles of whatka:devil:

Chino
02-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Ya bring the Beast, it ain't goin' in Rico's belly;) Too strong fer a Kid, Daddy beer ya know:D And better make that two(2) bottles of whatka:devil:

I'll bring the whatka, as long as you bring the FLASLIGHT!!!
"Is That Bright"

Tommy 17
02-10-2005, 12:50 PM
that flashlight was bright:grr: haha

so dewey spit or dewey swallow:o :p :blah:

Runnin Dumb
02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Gotta be a dumb ole boy not ta have a bright light:blah:
Dim don't help diddly chit:D

Chino
02-11-2005, 08:24 AM

LMFAO I can't wait till JULY :macho :blah:

Chino
02-11-2005, 08:24 AM

LMFAO I can't wait till JULY :macho :blah: Dont bend over in the shower's there's enough pressure to rupture ya coming out of them things, "Quote from Runnin Dumb" two years ago lmfao and the DCS trap that rimlicker fell into wow what a time :devil:

Rico
02-11-2005, 11:08 AM
LMFAO I can't wait till JULY :macho :blah: Dont bend over in the shower's there's enough pressure to rupture ya coming out of them things, "Quote from Runnin Dumb" two years ago lmfao and the DCS trap that rimlicker fell into wow what a time :devil:

Yeah they don't use soap in WV, they just have the water pressure turned up so high it blasts the dirt off of ya. And yes a direct shot to the jimmies from the shower will dam near blast them off.....:eek2: I wear a cup for protection anymore..:ermm:

Chino
02-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah they don't use soap in WV, they just have the water pressure turned up so high it blasts the dirt off of ya. And yes a direct shot to the jimmies from the shower will dam near blast them off.....:eek2: I wear a cup for protection anymore..:ermm:

Just put RHONDA :devil: in front of ya, she will block the most part of the pressure, then you can clean up with the overspray :macho

bearman02
02-11-2005, 12:49 PM
If you ride the rochouse trail at h/m you better watch trails 28 and 94 or they reach out and bite you pretty bad.:mad:

redrunner
02-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Ahh I remember ol' 94, ripped up my shoulder and rolled my quad 1/4 mile down the trail. that was the first time I was there. We got to the top and the 4x4 fellas were going down the other way and said they weren't taking that trail down, we did! ouch!

bearman02
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
94 will put a hurting on you.Trail 29 tore me up pretty good last year.About 2/3rds up it there is a big rock sticking out and you gotta go over it because you can`t turn back.:devil:

Chino
02-16-2005, 07:21 AM
bumpittyyy bump bump :devil:

Bill Fuller
02-16-2005, 05:05 PM
I wish it was tommorrow:( Billy is ready to play:macho :muscle:

Rico
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I wish it was tommorrow:( Billy is ready to play:macho :muscle:

Your not going to tresspass there are you.....:eek:

CranMan
02-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm trying to make it this year...I just hope I have something decent to ride. Sold the EX:( so now I'm trying to figure out what to bring. Anyways, I'm probably better off not having the EX, last time I slid off the trail twice and only the grace of God kept me from going over a cliff or enbankment!

red
02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by CranMan
I'm trying to make it this year...I just hope I have something decent to ride. Sold the EX:( so now I'm trying to figure out what to bring. Anyways, I'm probably better off not having the EX, last time I slid off the trail twice and only the grace of God kept me from going over a cliff or enbankment!

I remember this...i was behind you when you almost went over the hill only to be stopped by the trees. You got lucky for sure.
I hope to make it too but i dont know if i can get off of work that week or not so we will see.

Chino
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by red
I remember this...i was behind you when you almost went over the hill only to be stopped by the trees. You got lucky for sure.
I hope to make it too but i dont know if i can get off of work that week or not so we will see.

red, u still got a 4 wheela?

batgeek
02-18-2005, 02:42 AM
RAWR!!!!

redrunner
02-18-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
RAWR!!!!

Holy cow..!! where have you been?:confused:

Chino
02-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Holy cow..!! where have you been?:confused:

im wif stupid. and you coming or not kweer :devil: if so, bring your gurlfriend taco's wif ya

redrunner
02-18-2005, 11:35 AM
im wif stupid. and you coming or not kweer :devil: if so, bring your gurlfriend taco's wif ya

Wrong Red/Redrunner but I always say I am going.. :huh

From what I've read Taco ain't a good girlfriend:eek2: :devil: :D

jetmec2k
02-21-2005, 02:36 AM
hatfield & mccoy usually sponsor a ride for like a week before and through the 4th of july (june 30th-july 4th) i think its called jamborie days or something, also local festivals like king coal days and river days there are usually rides goin on at those times also im from wv the only reason im currently saying charleston sc is cause im in the air force stationed there anyway......... hatfiels and mccoys always get a good crowd around holidays heck even weekends check their web site www.trailsheaven.com i think its the best riding in the states but ive never been out west past nebraska

Doibugu2
02-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
hatfield & mccoy usually sponsor a ride for like a week before and through the 4th of july (june 30th-july 4th) i think its called jamborie days or something, also local festivals like king coal days and river days there are usually rides goin on at those times also im from wv the only reason im currently saying charleston sc is cause im in the air force stationed there anyway......... hatfiels and mccoys always get a good crowd around holidays heck even weekends check their web site www.trailsheaven.com i think its the best riding in the states but ive never been out west past nebraska

Our group has gone the past few years and we try and avoid the crowds. There is enough of us usually. The less people on the trails the better, espeically the way some of us ride.:eek2:

Bill Fuller
02-21-2005, 05:50 PM
If slower riders get in the way we use them for traction:macho But then theres Bradley and Ugly who would rather try a short cut:eek:

400ex28
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
im gonna try to make it

bradley300
02-22-2005, 08:04 AM
If slower riders get in the way we use them for traction:macho But then theres Bradley and Ugly who would rather try a short cut:eek: :devil: dont forget popo followed me!:devil:

bearman02
02-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 400ex28
im gonna try to make it

400, If you get the chance you to go you`ll enjoy it.

Rico
02-22-2005, 01:34 PM
IS shear fantasy still open....:uhoh:

k2-dawg
02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
IS shear fantasy still open....:uhoh:

It was as of last November.:eek2:

bearman02
02-22-2005, 08:01 PM
It was as of last November.:eek2:
Asfar as i know it is still open but the last time i was there which was a few years ago it should have been called skank fantasy.

bradley300
02-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bearman02
Asfar as i know it is still open but the last time i was there which was a few years ago it should have been called skank fantasy.
why do you think they go? lol

Rastus
02-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm looking forward to being able to go on one of these rides. It's not that far of a drive for me, so I'm fairly sure I could go.

Is it still planned for the weekend after the 4th of July?

If it is I'll write it on the calendar, and hope the ole' 250X will keep up.:p

Doibugu2
02-23-2005, 05:40 AM
why do you think they go? lol

Last time we went I believe you where there too, with a silly little grin on your face:eek:

k2-dawg
02-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by bearman02

You almost hate to touch anything in there....... taking a piss is an adventure. You just do it, making sure you don't drag it across the porcelin, kick the handle to the urinal and get out before anything touches you. Then if you can, sanitize. :D

bradley300
02-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Rastus
I'm looking forward to being able to go on one of these rides. It's not that far of a drive for me, so I'm fairly sure I could go.

Is it still planned for the weekend after the 4th of July?

If it is I'll write it on the calendar, and hope the ole' 250X will keep up.:p

on my first ride there were plenty of 400's that couldnt keep up with my stock 300, so you should be alright. all depends on how hard you want to beat your stuff:devil:

bradley300
02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Last time we went I believe you where there too, with a silly little grin on your face:eek:

i was just laughing at the "if your not 21, TURN AROUND" sign that i had to pass on the way in. then thinking about the TWO guys it took to do the math and figure out how old i was, and couldnt get it, so they let me in anyway.

and who wouldnt have a funny grin on thier face after they see a cokehead stripper pass out on one of your riding buddies,lmao

Doibugu2
02-23-2005, 09:12 AM
on my first ride there were plenty of 400's that couldnt keep up with my stock 300, so you should be alright. all depends on how hard you want to beat your stuff:devil:

Just don't follow Bradley, he tends to cut his own trails.

You bringing extra lug nuts this year?:eek:

Bill Fuller
02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
all depends on how hard you want to beat your stuff:devil: Leave it to Bradley to talk about "beating his stuff":D Dang kids:ermm:

bradley300
02-23-2005, 07:56 PM
hey bill, i pay for all my own stuf, so i can beat the hell out of it if i want! and i'm not a kid, i'm 21:mad: not my fault i still look 16:rolleyes:

Bill Fuller
02-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Simmer down youngin,I was talking about your"other"stuff:D

bradley300
02-24-2005, 06:16 AM
Simmer down youngin,I was talking about your"other"stuff:D

that was rico you saw beatin his "other stuff" at sheer fantasy!lol

UglyMotha™
02-24-2005, 06:58 AM
:o boy that shot right over his head :blah:

Rico
02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
:devil: :devil: :devil:

littleugly03
02-25-2005, 06:42 PM
crazy stuff here lol:rolleyes: :eek2:

Chino
02-26-2005, 03:39 PM
are we dur yet :confused:

Rastus
02-27-2005, 09:11 PM
are we dur yet :confused:

lol, I don't think so.

Rastus
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
That totally went over your head brad.

Maybe we should give Rhonda (a.k.a Rico's ****** ) a call. :devil:

From what I saw in the pics.., it looks like brad beats his stuff pretty hard. :o :eek:

:blah:

bradley300
02-28-2005, 06:28 AM
lmao, you guys are too much sometimes

Kilabanshee
02-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Have you guys picked a date yet? Bradley300 how old were you when you got into the jiggly room?

bradley300
02-28-2005, 09:37 AM
i was 20, had a about a month until i was 21

the dates are the weekend AFTER 4th of july

300hondamx
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
hey guy's when are u planning on going to the ride...

Rastus
03-03-2005, 04:32 PM
LOL.

Look one post above your post 300hondamx, and you'll find the answer you're looking for. ;)

300hondamx
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
ok man thanks

Rastus
03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I guess this is a bump ? :p

mx400
03-20-2005, 08:51 PM
who is doing the dvd this year. I have a dvd from one of the past rides because I was unable to make it and the movie was freakin awesome. you guys are a hoot. I'm just wondering if I should keep my mx tires on the bike when I go or switch back over to stocks or something.

kwatts400
03-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't run mx tires at Hatfield/McCoy. I would get a set of 4 or 6 ply tires to ride with, I made it through a 3 day weekend with no flats/holes on 4 ply front and 6 ply rear razr's.

mx400
03-21-2005, 12:56 PM
well they are 4 ply front and rear. they're klaws. maybe i should buck up and buy some rear 6-ply klaws also.

chuckles
03-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Just checkin in...im still going too.

Runnin Dumb
03-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Just checkin in...im still going too.

Glad ta hear that Lil' Buddy :D I plan on ridin' slower this time than last. And if one of them sport quads breaks down--- well I hope they got their hikin' boots on:devil:

chuckles
03-28-2005, 07:58 AM
I hear ya brother.....looks like we will have some company too this time.... Red bought my 300 4x4 just about a month ago and already put about a 700 bucks into it in accessorys....lookin forward to seeing you guys...

Rastus
04-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I've got it on my calendar also!:D

Rico
04-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by mx400
well they are 4 ply front and rear. they're klaws. maybe i should buck up and buy some rear 6-ply klaws also.

You'll need bigger tires for sure. Ground clearance is a must. If you run MX tires you'll rip your swingarm off within 2 hours of riding... :eek: 6 ply would be a must I say. I've blown out three 6 ply tires in 3 days of riding there just for reference..

Doibugu2
04-05-2005, 03:24 PM
You'll need bigger tires for sure. Ground clearance is a must. If you run MX tires you'll rip your swingarm off within 2 hours of riding... :eek: 6 ply would be a must I say. I've blown out three 6 ply tires in 3 days of riding there just for reference..

Ask Spence what it does to skid plates.

TheFontMaster
04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I think this trip is gonna cost me more than I want it to haha. Is there a place there where I could get new tires and they would have the ones I want in stock in case something happens?

400ex28
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
ahhh man, so ill have a tuff time on my klaw mx 4plys?

Bill Fuller
04-06-2005, 04:53 AM
You should be alright with the 4 ply.I would try to bring some spares just incase.I didn't realize you were asking about MX Claws.I wouldn't run anything smaller than a 20 inch rear.

400ex28
04-06-2005, 11:45 AM
You should be alright with the 4 ply.I would try to bring some spares just incase.I didn't realize you were asking about MX Claws.I wouldn't run anything smaller than a 20 inch rear.

all i got is 18's, man it would be nice to have an extra set of wheels/tires eh....

littleugly03
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
dont worrie if u got a 400ex rico normaly has about 10 different kinds of tires because he cant go a hour before he gets a hole in one of his tires. will help you out down there. lol ask bradley300 he cant keep tires on his before one falls off and goes the other way and he goes anothere lol will help ya out if anything happens and keep ya running the whole weekend.:eek2: :D :o :p

300ex13
04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
Set up a date and ill try my hardest to be there!

Killabanshee im with you if u guys set a date and let me know about it my dad and i will try our best to go....400ex28 we camping or hotelin' it????? call me when u kno

UglyMotha™
04-07-2005, 12:41 PM
date has already been set guys

300ex13
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
ok i see it now....u guys think my stock 300 tires will do fine?

Bill Fuller
04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Sure as long as you bring a hand full of plugs and plenty of Co2.I would try my very best if I where any of you who don't own some 20 in 6 ply tires to get some,you will have awhole lot better time riding then repairing flats.You can make it on 4 ply tires you just need less plugs:D

400ex28
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
ahhhhhh, i have no money for 20" 6ply and rims

Edit: looks like I may be able to borrow some tires from a buddy...

TheFontMaster
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 300ex13
ok i see it now....u guys think my stock 300 tires will do fine?

Bring your 250ex tires and rims too, if you still have the 250ex.

Chino
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
i can see it now, old RD pullin a lil trailer behind the utility with a whole spare set of 4ply tires for these hillbillys :macho :devil:

Runnin Dumb
04-10-2005, 02:29 PM
i can see it now, old RD pullin a lil trailer behind the utility with a whole spare set of 4ply tires for these hillbillys :macho :devil:

Only thing I'm haulin' this year is my tired ole *****, an I ain't goin' goin' be doin' that very fast. Wanna go one year without tearin' me or the quad up!!!!! If I don't, Rico might not bring me along anymore. Wait a minute---- yeah he will, I foot all the bills:macho

300ex13
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
guys i am getting my axle fixed by this local machine shop, and i stole the rims and 20x11x9 6ply razrs from dads 250ex!! i should be ready for the trip...

Taco
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MOFO
04-12-2005, 04:57 AM
:chinese:

UglyMotha™
04-12-2005, 06:41 AM
:ermm:

red
04-12-2005, 10:34 AM
:confused:

Rico
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
homos

Motoman440
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
LMAO!!! WTF though, :tired:

Chino
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
LMAO!!! WTF though, :tired:

WTF HOMEBOY :devil:

Taco
04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
LMAO!!! WTF though, :tired: Shouldn't you be folding laundry or something:macho :blah:

Motoman440
04-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Shouldn't you be folding laundry or something:macho :blah:

LMAO!!! Yeah, I finished up the laundry and as a reward my wife let me post on atvriders for a few minutes!!!

Chino
04-19-2005, 11:36 PM
LMAO!!! Yeah, I finished up the laundry and as a reward my wife let me post on atvriders for a few minutes!!!

get ur ridin clothes ironed up it's jusss round da corner!!

kwatts400
04-19-2005, 11:58 PM
I'll be coming down to Hatfield/Mccoy in the fall.

Kilabanshee
04-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I'll be down there the fourth of july weekend. See ya there!

TheFontMaster
04-24-2005, 02:21 PM
What are the dates for the ride again, I don't feel like reading through 14 pages.

300hondamx
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
is it still the weekend after the 4th of july weekend or no...

UglyMotha™
04-25-2005, 06:10 AM
yes............... sites are already reserved............. its a done deal :o

k2-dawg
04-25-2005, 02:46 PM
July 7-10, I think.

Chino
04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
July 7-10, I think.

you comin sweetheart? :devil:

monkeyboy
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
i c u kweeeers darre

:macho

reds gitttn kikkked da fug up dis yeer:mad: an so iz dat motomouf440 gurl:grr:

Ralph
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Me, the other ralph and nj300ex(old member) are gonna try to get down there.

Bush0102
05-02-2005, 07:02 AM
OK, i think i'm gonna go.

I've never been to one before, what is a typical day like?

Where do we stay or do we just camp? Last time a buddy of mine went he rented a trailer at the thunder lodge in Logan.

I have brand new 6 ply Klaws front and rear. I'll bring plugs but i have spare tires too- do you think i'll need them?

Also, my best riding friend wants to come. The only thing is he rides a rubicon. In the pictures from the previous rides i've only seen sport quads. Sometimes i find it hard to keep up with this guy on fast trails, so he won't be a hold up. Will it be ok for him to come?

And how much money does the average hatfield trip cost? Are there any rules that are going to make me not want to come ex. no beer allowed

how many people usually go?

kwatts400
05-02-2005, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bush0102
[B]OK, i think i'm gonna go.

I have brand new 6 ply Klaws front and rear. I'll bring plugs but i have spare tires too- do you think i'll need them?

I used 4 ply front and 6 ply rear razrs and was fine for a weekend trip.

And how much money does the average hatfield trip cost? \

I think it is $35 for a weekend pass plus food/lodging, It is a pretty cheap weekend of riding!

Doibugu2
05-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
OK, i think i'm gonna go.

I've never been to one before, what is a typical day like?

Where do we stay or do we just camp? Last time a buddy of mine went he rented a trailer at the thunder lodge in Logan.

Also, my best riding friend wants to come. The only thing is he rides a rubicon. In the pictures from the previous rides i've only seen sport quads. Sometimes i find it hard to keep up with this guy on fast trails, so he won't be a hold up. Will it be ok for him to come?

And how much money does the average hatfield trip cost? Are there any rules that are going to make me not want to come ex. no beer allowed

how many people usually go?

Some of the best riding you will ever see. There are all skill levels of trails. Don't ride the black unless you are an expert.

Bring as many tires as you can, you never know.

Trips are fairly cheap. I spend as much on gas getting there from Chicago as I do on the whole trip. Week long passes are $35, camping is about $10 per night, and then just food.

Usually there is at least 20 or so of us that ride on Saturday. That is usually the most. If your slow, there are usually a couple of other guys that ride slow, and just follow behind the pack.

Everyone is welcome, and beer is allowed.

bradley300
05-02-2005, 09:16 AM
we stop at all the major turns for the slower riders to catch up, that way we arent leaving anyone behind

Chino
05-02-2005, 01:23 PM
we stop at all the major turns for the slower riders to catch up, that way we arent leaving anyone behind

fanks for waiting on me you guys :D me and RD hit up the back, ill more than likely be there but i wont be riding to hard, i can't do much with my wrist yet, any hard bump sends it crazy:mad:

Bill Fuller
05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
we stop at all the major turns for the slower riders to catch up, that way we arent leaving anyone behind Or follow the pieces:blah: :D Great time,I look forward to this every year!It takes me about 7 hours to get to Chief Logan from Clarksville.

Pappy
05-02-2005, 04:51 PM

BS

they stop so bradley and popo dont go over the cliff!!

Jonesboys
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
What part of Hatfeild-McCoy you all planning to ride? I have been to a couple of spots and always had a great time. I been thinkin about going after the Mountaineer race for a couple or 3 days, July might be good too.

Motoman440
05-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
i c u kweeeers darre

:macho

reds gitttn kikkked da fug up dis yeer:mad: an so iz dat motomouf440 gurl:grr:

LMAO!!! I'll be there munkeynutz!!!

Chino
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
LMAO!!! I'll be there munkeynutz!!!

you got a rollin chasis on that ironing board yet to ride:confused:

Taco
05-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Or follow the pieces:blah: :D Great time,I look forward to this every year!It takes me about 7 hours to get to Chief Logan from Clarksville. If your coming forget it, I'm staying home:devil:

dhines
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey now - go easy on Bill. His presence is required - who else is going to keep my crotch warm on those cool WV nights?

Chino
05-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by dhines
Hey now - go easy on Bill. His presence is required - who else is going to keep my crotch warm on those cool WV nights?

help me RHONDA help help me RHONDA help me RHONDA:devil:

Ford5pointoh
05-04-2005, 07:15 PM
OK, I live in Florida and am really thinking about doing this trip. I'm an ATV newbie so please answer these questions. I have a stock 400ex. What do I need to do so my machine will survive this trip. I read that I should have 20" 6 ply tires. Does this mean I need bigger rims to go with the tires? If I need the whole setup, who has the best prices on these rims/tires? Are skid plates a must or highly recommended? If I buy bigger tires, should I buy -1 tooth front sprocket or is this not necessary?

Please post up any other tips or pointers so I can get my machine ready. Also, what's the address for the camp ground? Thanks for helping me out. Steve

kwatts400
05-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Just get some 6 ply razrs for your stock rims, and a skid plate is a good idea.

21-7-10 for the front/20-11-9 for the rear. No gearing changes are needed.

Bill Fuller
05-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Logan West Virginia/Chief Logan State Park.I would suggest you bring extra riding gear if you have it,trails are always wet and if they are not then it WILL rain.Bring the minimum food,you can always go into town(Yes they do have a Wal-Mart).

redrunner
05-05-2005, 04:55 AM
First time I went was with an almost stock 300, 22 6ply razrs and a pipe. It was fine, especially going with folks that know their way around.

redrunner
05-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Oh yeah the skid plate idea is a good one, lots a rocks.

Rico
05-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Ford5pointoh
OK, I live in Florida and am really thinking about doing this trip. I'm an ATV newbie so please answer these questions. I have a stock 400ex. What do I need to do so my machine will survive this trip. I read that I should have 20" 6 ply tires. Does this mean I need bigger rims to go with the tires? If I need the whole setup, who has the best prices on these rims/tires? Are skid plates a must or highly recommended? If I buy bigger tires, should I buy -1 tooth front sprocket or is this not necessary?

Please post up any other tips or pointers so I can get my machine ready. Also, what's the address for the camp ground? Thanks for helping me out. Steve

http://www.chiefloganstatepark.com/

Rico
05-06-2005, 07:45 AM
I think the name of this trip will officially be named the "Liver Challenge Ride" do to all the consumption of adult beverages....:uhoh:

Doibugu2
05-06-2005, 09:31 AM
All right, for all you newbie’s that want to come, hopefully here is all the info you will ever need.

Food: There are a couple of fast food places to eat at if you want to survive on that. We generally eat something quick in the morning, (some of us cook, some of us pick up McDonalds in the morning) Lunch, we are usually on the trail so we pack something in the camel back, or leave something in the truck depending on the trails that we go on. Dinner is the same as breakfast. Some of us cook and some of us go out to eat. I think it depends on how hard your rode and how tired you are. Places to eat out our limited, but you won’t starve. Each year we go back more restaurants are opened to give us more choices.

There is a Super Walmart 20 minutes from the camp site. Most of us stop there and pick up the food there. If you want beer, I suggest you bring that from home, because when we bought it down there it was like $16 a case, which is expensive for me.

Camping: We all usually stay on 3 or 4 sites, and just split the cost. They usually just charge everyone individually. Bring a tent or camper. It rains a lot when we are down there so bring lots of dry cloths. Your in the mountains, so it does sometimes get a little chilly too.

There are bathrooms and showers at the camp grounds which are ok. Nothing great but ok for a camp ground.

If you’re not that adventurous, there are other places to stay, but ½ the reason of coming down is staying with the group. Be careful of the hotels/motels, because some of them are worse then the camp ground.

Riding: We usually leave from the camp ground around 9 and ride till about 3 or 5 depending on the weather and how hard we ride. The skill level of the riders varies greatly. I would say there are 4 groups of riders usually. A, B, C, and some of the ute guys. “A” guys flat out haul, B who are damn quick, and C who are more of the newbie’s to riding, which I’m still probably part of. Then there are the couple of ute’s that just follow the group at there own pace. Of course they have gone off the mountain too.

The riding can be as intense as you want it to be. The black trails are very difficult for a sport quad, the blue can be at times, and the green are usually pretty easy. However, everything is cut out the side of a mountain, so it’s very rocky and bumpy.

We usually go out on Saturday as a big group and we all stay together. We usually stop every twenty – forty minutes and get the group back together. Everyone watches out for there buddy.

The first year I was there, I rode an all stock 400. So it can be done, and I didn’t have any problems. My buddy was on an all stock warrior and didn’t have a problem either.

Suggestions: A good skid plate is almost a must. The stocker will be ruined when you come back, almost guaranteed. 20” and 6ply tires are almost a most. Your stockers will be fine, but aftermarket tires are better. You need as much ground clearance as possibly because of the size of some of the rocks. Women/wives are welcome, but almost everyone there is a guy. A lot of alcohol is drank during the trip so you may want to start drinking now to get your tolerance up.

Here are some threads from past rides. I drive from Chicago which is 10 hours and it’s worth it, I’ve gone the past 3 years.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66032&highlight=hatfield
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117094&highlight=hatfield

Doibugu2
05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Just realize we have 6 pages just talking about going. Just think of what happens when we are actually there.:eek2: Do you want to miss out!

Rico
05-06-2005, 10:23 AM
A lot of alcohol is drank during the trip so you may want to start drinking now to get your tolerance up.

:devil:

im startin tonight

Doibugu2
05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
:devil:

im startin tonight
I started about two weeks ago. But I'm got a lot farther to go to get up to H/M standards:D

UglyMotha™
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
in case anyone thinks I dropped off the face of the earth................................

I'm still coming :o

Ford5pointoh
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I am ordering prm skids. I am hoping I can afford the 6 ply tires before the trip, but money is tight. I need money for the strip club too! If I can't get them I will bring plenty of plugs. I called two shops near my house and they want between 20 and 25 per wheel to mount tires. That seems pretty high. Would someone be able to help me mount the tires at the camp ground if I get them? It would save me some dough that could be better spent on beer, etc. I am looking forward to this trip. Hope I don't get too hurt!

Bill Fuller
05-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Trust me you don't need that much money for the strip club:devil: $3 dollars goes along way:D Tires can be put on at camp providing you get the bead broke on the rims or better yet bring bare rims.Bring plenty of plugs and the 12,16 or 25 gram threaded or none threaded Co2 cartriges.Those inflater thingys are WELL worth the money.I have even seen someone set the bead with about 12 of them(way back in the woods):muscle:

red
05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Trust me you don't need that much money for the strip club:devil: $3 dollars goes along way:D Tires can be put on at camp providing you get the bead broke on the rims or better yet bring bare rims.Bring plenty of plugs and the 12,16 or 25 gram threaded or none threaded Co2 cartriges.Those inflater thingys are WELL worth the money.I have even seen someone set the bead with about 12 of them(way back in the woods):muscle:

we did that to froggieboi's 400 when he rolled it down the coal hill.

Rico
05-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Ford5pointoh
Thanks for the help guys. I am ordering prm skids. I am hoping I can afford the 6 ply tires before the trip, but money is tight. I need money for the strip club too! If I can't get them I will bring plenty of plugs. I called two shops near my house and they want between 20 and 25 per wheel to mount tires. That seems pretty high. Would someone be able to help me mount the tires at the camp ground if I get them? It would save me some dough that could be better spent on beer, etc. I am looking forward to this trip. Hope I don't get too hurt!

I"m pretty sure Doug from NC has a bead breaker if not I'll bring one and we'll swap your tires out at the campground and save you some cash.

And yeah you won't spend much at the jiggly room I promise...:eek:

Chino
05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I"m pretty sure Doug from NC has a bead breaker if not I'll bring one and we'll swap your tires out at the campground and save you some cash.

And yeah you won't spend much at the jiggly room I promise...:eek:

Rhonda called me Rico, she said you could stay at her place if the weather is bad :devil:

StuckInTheMud
05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
ok well we went on april 14-17 2005, it was a realy nice ride, excepr for all of the dust cause we had about 25 bikes in our group,the weather was nice thoughl, a camel pak is always a plus too, we rode on the rockhouse trails i beleive is what it is called,its located in mann WV. rode all the way to Gilbertm nice ride...about 30+ miles.. just giving the heads up

MOFO
05-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I think the name of this trip will officially be named the "Liver Challenge Ride" do to all the consumption of adult beverages....:uhoh:

I have a VERY hard time believing that this trip will out do the first one... were we stayed up till the sun came up drinkin... especially that damn whiskey... :eek:

... I wonder if I can make this one... :confused:

HondaEXer
05-20-2005, 01:27 AM
hm i never been there like to go ..... whats the name of the town or whatever so i can look at mapquest , see how far i am

Bill Fuller
05-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Logan West Virginia

Runnin Dumb
05-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I started about two weeks ago. But I'm got a lot farther to go to get up to H/M standards:D

A real man never stops trainin' cause ya just never know when ya might go:blah: :macho :macho

Rico
05-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I"m headin down there, see ya'll at camp....:macho

wyndzer
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I actually am heading there Tomm. I'll get a couple of teaser pics for ya'll.:macho

TheFontMaster
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
So that gives me what about 1 1/2 months to finish my 250r? I'm begining to think I will be cutting it pritty close on this one.

Motoman440
05-26-2005, 06:07 AM
I actually am heading there Tomm. I'll get a couple of teaser pics for ya'll.:macho

I was wondering if ya'll were still comin to town!!! I'll see ya Saturday morning. Guess I'll have to bring the camera and snap a few pics as well.

Chino
06-14-2005, 12:26 AM
bumpitty bump bump bump less than a month away i can already imagine the storys:devil:

dhines
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Looking forward to this event is about the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. Work is f'ing killing me. I am ready to get my f'ing ride on! :mad:

Chino
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by dhines
Looking forward to this event is about the only thing that is keeping me sane right now. Work is f'ing killing me. I am ready to get my f'ing ride on! :mad:

Just dont get ur " Ride On" on me. You and the urban legend can mingle amongst yourselves...:devil:

Pappy
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
me, u and the urban legend can mingle amongst ourselves...:devil:

note to self....load all weapons:blah:

Doibugu2
06-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

note to self....load all weapons:blah:

LMAO.