PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel Offset

ewathen
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
My 87 r has stock a-arms on it. I'm not sure what brand of wheels are on it, they may be stock, but the width only measures 42". The wheels are about 4+1's but they don't measure that exactly.

My question is, can the stock arms handle 2+3 wheels or should I stick with 3+2 offsets?

Thanks in advance.

beerock
01-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by ewathen
My 87 r has stock a-arms on it. I'm not sure what brand of wheels are on it, they may be stock, but the width only measures 42". The wheels are about 4+1's but they don't measure that exactly.

My question is, can the stock arms handle 2+3 wheels or should I stick with 3+2 offsets?

Thanks in advance.

yes it can

baker250r
01-06-2005, 08:22 PM
i would run wheel spacers instead of flippin the rims around..... makes for better handling.... IMO

beerock
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
i would run wheel spacers instead of flippin the rims around..... makes for better handling.... IMO

I dont trust wheel spacers, they also put alot more stress on the spindles and tie rods.

ewathen
01-07-2005, 06:53 AM
What was the stock front width on the R when it came out?

Beerock,

are you saying it would be ok to run 2+3 wheels on stock components?

Thanks

beerock
01-07-2005, 06:59 AM
What was the stock front width on the R when it came out?

Beerock,

are you saying it would be ok to run 2+3 wheels on stock components?

Thanks

yes its ok, i think stock width is 46.3"

ewathen
01-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Everyone always says that when you go with a deep offset wheel, bumpsteer will become worse. My question is will it be terrible or ok. For some reason I need a 2+3 wheel to get a 46" wide front end. I thought the factory wheels were 3+2 offset.

Any comments would be appreciated.

beerock
01-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Everyone always says that when you go with a deep offset wheel, bumpsteer will become worse. My question is will it be terrible or ok. For some reason I need a 2+3 wheel to get a 46" wide front end. I thought the factory wheels were 3+2 offset.

Any comments would be appreciated.

yes the bumpsteer is worse but for stock arms I would say it helps in the cornering and stability department as long as your ready for the bump steer in the turns.