PDA

View Full Version : What Exhaust Should I buy???

rooftop-special
01-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I need to ad some hall *** to my 2004 400EX. I want to add a pipe for now and would like the forums wisdom on what one to buy. I am sure I will have multiple opinions. I would like to stay away from re-jetting if possible. Thanks for all the help.

Casey

P.S. I am going to do a full exhaust not just a slip on.

nosliw
01-05-2005, 08:32 PM
you HAVE to rejet.

i recommend HMF.

Metzroth
01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
First of all, unless you want your quad to run like crap you'll have to rejet.

As for what exhaust to buy I am not telling from experience just reading way too many threads and what my friends run. I can tell you the sparks is going to give you the most power but it is also super loud the big gun gives good low end but if you want good gains all the way through the RPM I would get an HMF. Unless of course you have about $500 to spend on a Sparks X-6. I would get it if I had the cash. HMF runs $4?? for a full and $214 for a slip on. Hope this helps. -Metzroth

EXDUNER127
01-06-2005, 12:42 PM
In this order of my choice...

1. Sparks x-6
2. Biggun full race
3. HMF Race (or bill balance is cool too)

Metzroth
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Ballance is better than all of them from what i've heard (other than sparks) but it is also 375 for the slip on alone.

trick 400ex
01-06-2005, 02:34 PM
i have a pro circuit t4 and its awesome it adds power all through the rpms and you can also get tunable end caps for it so you can set it up for your own riding style,the price is not that bad either i think,i paid $400 with differnet end caps with it also,i just have a slip-on but it still is really good

maskale
01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I went from a Big Gun slip on to a Full system Sparks X-6. My Big Gun did not have much packing left so it was just as loud as my X-6. Most of the quads that run at my track all have loud pipes and you will get use to it. When you have your helmet on and you are riding you will not hear it as much anyway, the guy behind you will. Make sure you rejet, your quad may even seem to run fine, but it could run lean after you put on the pipe, which will cause it to run hot.