PDA

View Full Version : carb problems

FourFiftyR_PA
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Okay need some help here........ took carb b/c I was going to put on an FCR carb........ changed my mind...... so went to put stock carb back on the quad. Now i put the carb on and went to start it up and now when I rev it up it cracks and pops when you let off the gas........ I have curtis sparks full exhaust system.... 195 main jet stock clip position sparks filter with no lid......... ran fine up until now........ tried adjusting air/fuel screw mixture.... did nothing....... I have a feeling that it may be a vent tube to the carb but no really sure...... i put the air box lid back and it didn't back fire hardly at all on the deceleration.... does anyone have a pic of they're carb so I can look at vent tubes?? or if anyone has ideas......... thanks.

:grr:

culookn
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
mine was doing the same thing for a while, tried everything and is till couldnt figure it out. finally i took off the bottom part of the carb where the main jet is and i noticed that the piece(sort of another jet looking thing) where the main jet goes into started to vibrate loose and was allowing to much fuel to flow through. im not saying this is your prob but its worth taking a look b/c mine was doing the same thing.

R_rocket
01-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Put in a 165 main jet. U are getting to much gas.

WhiteZee
01-06-2005, 03:16 PM
yep, you are way to rich. i would try a 175-180 just to be on the safe side.