PDA

View Full Version : CoosBay Dunes

*FoX*KiD*
01-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey Does any one have an adress of a hotel or shop or somthing right close by coosbay dunes so i can get a map off the net?:confused:

*FoX*KiD*
01-05-2005, 08:17 PM
ok another question while its on my mind goin from north to south what dunes are there in oregon it goes sand lakes then what dues come after that all the way past winchester iono whats inbetween there?

i wanna go somewhere further than sand lakes but closer than winchester

Raptorchick
01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I 'm not sure where you would get a map, but the dunes go from north to south, Sandlake, Florence, Winchester and Coos Bay.

LazeR
01-05-2005, 08:29 PM
As far as a place to stay in coos bay, im not sure....If you want to go camping, i highly recommend the KOA Kampground in Hauser!

Dunes are like this "i think"

Sand Lake, Tillamook(sp) (dad says you can ride there im not sure, not sure which is first), Florence, Winchester Bay, Spinreel, Hauser, Horsefall (Spinreel, Hauser and Horsefall all interchange with each other), then you have Kellogg Beach down by Brookings. Also you have Christmas Valley sand dunes in easter oregon!

Hope that helps

Got nads?
01-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I thought that florence, and winchester were the better dune riding areas on the Oregon coast, unless you don't like bigger dunes! :blah:

Got nads?
01-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with lazer, the KOA is pretty decent campground. The Jesse Honeymoon Campground at Florence is also nice, but I'm not sure if they are open now.

LazeR
01-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
I agree with lazer, the KOA is pretty decent campground. The Jesse Honeymoon Campground at Florence is also nice, but I'm not sure if they are open now.

Wonder if we have ever crossed paths at the KOA ? I stay there once a month from may-sept, doing it again this year too! And 4th of july weekend is 5 days this year so that is gonna be awesome!

I stayed at Honeymoon once when i was like 13, from what i remember it was pretty nice.

*FoX*KiD*
01-05-2005, 09:09 PM
alright well do you know of any land marks close to Florence dunes smothing with and adress so i cna look up a map somthing like a hotel or quad shop or smothing

and whats florence like is it flat or has razor backs or what

Raptorchick
01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
This link has maps and some info that might help

http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/florencemap.htm

Florence has a flat drag area, comp hill, lots of trails and beach access. Yes, there could be razor backs, but all the dunes have them. You just have to watch out for them. Personally I prefer Coos Bay (Spinreel). There's good dunes for jumping there, and it is the largest area.

When are you planning on going to the dunes?

Narly R
01-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Coos bay consists of a 11 mile stretch of dunes. From south (closest to coos bay) to north, is it Box car/Horsefalls, then Hauser, then spinreel. I think everyone has differnt names for everything. Winchester is farther north of that.

There is a bike shop there called Bay Area Yamaha, if ya need to get ahold of them for everything. There is also a honda shop in coos bay, and a polaris store. Cant remembe rthe names of those shops though.

kamikaze_rzrbak
01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
just stay with my bro he lives down there:blah:

Raptorchick
01-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey *FoX*KiD*

I tried to respond to your p.m. yesterday but your inbox was full...anyway...

You might want to try the Park Motel. It's just outside of Florence with lots of parking for trailers. They have regular rooms and cabins. The rates aren't to bad and the motel is only about 1 1/2 miles from South Jetty staging area. Here's a link to the motel's web site... Park Motel (http://www.parkmotel.florenceor.com/)

I know what you mean about sand lake being weak after Winchester. I don't think anything can compare to those dunes!
Oh yeah, one other thing, watch out for the noise police at Florence. They ride around on blue Raptors.