PDA

View Full Version : Mini Bumper?

oldsandman
01-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyone make mini bumpers and nerfs? A friend has a Polaris 90 and wants to pimp it.

wilkin250r
01-05-2005, 03:49 PM
I know AC racing makes bumpers and nerfs for several different mini-quads. The nerfs are pro-pegs, and I believe have to by physically welded on, they are not just bolt-on.

oldsandman
01-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks! Getting enough snow yet?

AtvMxRider
01-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I know AC racing makes bumpers and nerfs for several different mini-quads. The nerfs are pro-pegs, and I believe have to by physically welded on, they are not just bolt-on.

Yes the have 4 spuds that have to be welded on then the nerfs attach to them. It isn't a bad job I just done my son's Kasea yesterday

wvspeedfreak
01-05-2005, 07:12 PM
AtvMxrider....do you have any pics of the nerf bar installation?I just got a set for my sons Kasea today and I'm trying to figure out exactly where to weld the spuds.Nothing seems to work out just right.If you don't have any pics maybe you could give me an explanation.I may just be overlooking something obvious.:confused:

AtvMxRider
01-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
AtvMxrider....do you have any pics of the nerf bar installation?I just got a set for my sons Kasea today and I'm trying to figure out exactly where to weld the spuds.Nothing seems to work out just right.If you don't have any pics maybe you could give me an explanation.I may just be overlooking something obvious.:confused:

Yeah they don't give you any instructions do they lol. I can get some pics tomorrow but for now I'll tell you. Remove the old begs and heal gaurds. Just behind where the stock pegs bolted up is where the spuds go. I had mine where they were touching the stock mount so I could get a good weld. Just tack it in place. After you tack the rear one slide the nerf bar on and you will be able to tell where the front spud goes. Tack that one in place. Onece you are satisfied whith where they are then you can fully weld them.If that doesn't make sence I will try and get a pic for you. Give me your email.

wvspeedfreak
01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks.I will check that out tomorrow.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Anyone make mini bumpers and nerfs? A friend has a Polaris 90 and wants to pimp it. I saw bling star bumper at blingstars website today and they have one on a mini Raptor!! they looks sweet on a mini ...:devil: check that out ,also maybe Hetrciks or billie Holt at WRH.Ive seen a few different kinds of nerfs, but most are on backorder right now... :ermm:

QuadJunkies
01-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Kfab has one of these.... :cool:
http://www.kfabproducts.com/prodpics/front_bumper.jpg

wvspeedfreak
01-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Ok AtvMxrider,mine wont work like that.If I put the spud behind the stock peg mounts the rear of the nerf hits the rear tire.I think where the difference is,is that you have a Skyhawk 50(I think) and mine is a 90.The 90 has larger tires on it and that is causing my clearance problem.
The way it is right now,in order to make my nerfs clear everything I will have to mount my spuds on the mounting tabs for the original pegs.I am not real big on welding them there due to the lack of surface area to weld to.I might just have to cut the original peg mounts off the frame and weld the spuds directly to the frame.It will make a nicer/safer job.
Thanks fot the help.

quadsrbettr
01-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I cut the tabs off of my sons Kasea 50. The tabs that the old baskets mounted to. Then I just took a grinder to the spuds notched out a little hollow so it would sit nicely on the frame and tacked them. Do yourself a favor and just tack them first, slide the nerf on and make adjustments to the height of the outside of the nerf. I had to tweak mine up for ground clearance. Hope this helps.

AtvMxRider
01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Ok AtvMxrider,mine wont work like that.If I put the spud behind the stock peg mounts the rear of the nerf hits the rear tire.I think where the difference is,is that you have a Skyhawk 50(I think) and mine is a 90.The 90 has larger tires on it and that is causing my clearance problem.
The way it is right now,in order to make my nerfs clear everything I will have to mount my spuds on the mounting tabs for the original pegs.I am not real big on welding them there due to the lack of surface area to weld to.I might just have to cut the original peg mounts off the frame and weld the spuds directly to the frame.It will make a nicer/safer job.
Thanks fot the help.

I have a 90 but we are using 16" snow hogs.

wilkin250r
01-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Thanks! Getting enough snow yet?

Not quite, I can still see out the upstairs windows :D

AtvMxRider
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM

wvspeedfreak
01-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Well,I just got back from the shop and got em welded up.They clear the rear tires by about 1/4".I wanted to put some 16's on the back anyway.......now I got a good excuse lol.Thanks for the help AtvMxrider and everyone else.

hr15
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
does kfab make one for a trx 90?i cant find their website?Thanks,Len

MadSea862
01-07-2005, 07:23 PM
http://www.kfabproducts.com

hr15
01-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Man that was quick!!Thanks

AtvMxRider
01-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by hr15