PDA

View Full Version : ARENS +1 a-arms (watch out)

Jackie
01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't race but I ride alot. I had an issue with the hardware staying together that was fixed. Now the whole swivel ball and hardware still attached pulled out. This might be an issue with all of Arens +1 arms. He is presently redesigning them. I just dont want to see anyone get hurt.:(

beak7707
01-05-2005, 03:29 PM
What quad were you running them on, did you call and tell them? Thats odd they normaly have good qualitity products.

Jackie
01-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
What quad were you running them on, did you call and tell them? Thats odd they normaly have good qualitity products.
2003 400ex, yes I have talked with John Arens and he is redesigning the lower +1 arms. We agree that the angle was a bit steep on the +1s not the +2s. And yes his products are good. I also use his frame, steering stem and nerfs. We feel its the kind of riding I do also.
Maybe I could be a beta site for anything new of his. LOL
I just thought that if I had the problem, someone else might too. I have aready done a major head plant when the nuts came loose (last summer), but this time I was at the end of my ride and going slow (thank god).
play safe
ride safe

Dave400ex
01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
I actually was the first person to have problems with the old style of stud where the nuts came off. I assume you got the new style studs after that happened Jackie? I can't believe the whole thing pulled through. I've been riding on the new style for quite a while, and just keep making sure they stay tight, but if the whole thing pulled out that kind of worries me. I agree I am happy with the products I have, but these lower arms are giving all kinds of problems for John and people with them.

Jackie
01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Are you using +1's? You might want to get new lowers. The one that pulled out was also the one that came undone the first time for me. I also ride all sand and was having a binding problem after riding for half a day. After that I was cleaning them out with wd 40 before every ride. Wonder if the sand had something to do with the pull out. I haven't taken them off yet. I think I will bring them to work and have the our experts take a look.
Good luck with yours.
play safe
ride safe:)

Dave400ex
01-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Yes I am using +1 LT arms. After I had the nut come off, John sent me a new style of stud, which has been better, but I keep checking it to make sure it's tight. Is John redesigning an entire new bottom arm? I think I will try calling here after while.

Tommy 17
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
wow bring surprise... john screws up once again what else is new...

i already ordered new a-arms from another company and i'm in the process of gettin my money back...

Jackie
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Yes I am using +1 LT arms. After I had the nut come off, John sent me a new style of stud, which has been better, but I keep checking it to make sure it's tight. Is John redesigning an entire new bottom arm? I think I will try calling here after while.
For me he is... LOL . I have no clue. All I know is he is making me new ones with a simular attachment as the uppers. And I will have them before April 1st so I can get them on for opening day at Silver Lake Dunes. Its sorta cool he lives not to far from where I work and personaly drops off my parts. I even gave him the 50 cent tour once. Most guys think its cool when you tell them you work aerospace. You might want to wait untill I test out the new ones. If anyone is going to break it .. murphy's law knows me personaly.:eek:

Jackie
01-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
wow bring surprise... john screws up once again what else is new...

i already ordered new a-arms from another company and i'm in the process of gettin my money back...

chill child! I know you spent all the money in your piggy bank for your parts, but please have manners.
peace out:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
So he's going to use lower ball joints like the tops? I tried calling with no answer, I will try again tomorrow.

Jackie
01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
So he's going to use lower ball joints like the tops? I tried calling with no answer, I will try again tomorrow.
Yes, let me know what he says. I called in the evening. He is busy with a big project and is spending a lot of time in his shop and running around.
see ya:)

Lethalhonda2
01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I also had the "ball" pull through the race of the bearing. The worst part about it was I wasnt riding it when it happened, my friend was.He was thrown over the handlebars as the bike flipped.He only ended up with some bruises but I was so pissed I took the bike home tore off the front end and to this day thats where it sets. I couldnt ride it after that anyway, bent rotor,tie rod,chunks of powdercoat gone and my fenders now have large cracks.I cleaned the bearing after every ride to help prolong the life of the bearing (what a waste of time)I told John I no longer feel safe riding the bike!I wonder why we never see him on these forums anymore???:huh

Dave400ex
01-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I think he needs to get a new set of bottom arms. I am going to try and get a hold of him and figure out what's going on.

Lethalhonda2
01-06-2005, 08:54 PM
I might be heading down the same road as Tommy 17 (new a- arms from someone else).But let us know what you find out.This needs to get fixed before someone really gets hurt.

Tommy 17
01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
chill child! I know you spent all the money in your piggy bank for your parts, but please have manners.
peace out:rolleyes:

haha ok i spent every penny in my penny bank on them... wrong...

i have no manners for a man that lies constantly... if you knew where i was with this guy and how crappy he runs his business then u'd understand... when all is done i will post my whole story and u will see how john is... you say ur gonna have ur parts by april 1st... the letter i have from him the new a-arms would be done by january... seems like the old pair if u ask me and u'll see them mayb in june...

how many times are u gonna put ur life in this guys hand and lets his designs nearly kill u... its only a matter of time before u get hurt bc he has no clue what hes doin on these a-arms... how many times is he goin to have to redesign the a-arms so they work correct... its his 3rd attempt now thats just WRONG!

Tommy 17
01-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Lethalhonda2
I also had the "ball" pull through the race of the bearing. The worst part about it was I wasnt riding it when it happened, my friend was.He was thrown over the handlebars as the bike flipped.He only ended up with some bruises but I was so pissed I took the bike home tore off the front end and to this day thats where it sets. I couldnt ride it after that anyway, bent rotor,tie rod,chunks of powdercoat gone and my fenders now have large cracks.I cleaned the bearing after every ride to help prolong the life of the bearing (what a waste of time)I told John I no longer feel safe riding the bike!I wonder why we never see him on these forums anymore???:huh

lethal if i were u i'd make john pay for the whole bike to be fixed... this was not ur fault and he should pay for the bike... i regret not pursuing him to pay for the damages to my quad when it flipped bc his a-arms fell apart... if u want to know how i'm trying to get my money back pm me ur phone number... i'll tell u where i'm at and where i plan on going with it...

Mxjunkie
01-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I say someone goes to this guys shop and let him frickin ride the quad and have them fall apart on him, god this guy sounds like an........

Jackie
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
This is really making me sick... are we all fools for being so trustworthy? but we can't live life under a rock...ride on top of the rocks... vent vent.....:grr:

Tommy 17
01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
jackie theres only one thing we can do... and thats stick together and demand our money back so we can buy a SAFE product... remember 5 voices seperate are not as strong as 5 together...

another thing that would be nice is if other members on here would tell john what they think of his products and service... mayb if people on here could send him emails it would make him realize we aren't gonna stand up for his stuff and his no cares about his customers safety... i'm all for doing anything and everything to get this fixed and the more support we get the better...

i trusted john in the start... but after the crashes i've had from his products (that dont have a problem and its my fault i can't tighten a bolt) i wouldn't trust him makin my underwear:o :ermm:

Dave400ex
01-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I talked to John today. He said they are redesigning the bottom arms and they will have a ball joint in the bottom instead of the current setup. He will be using the new Laeger's like he used in the tops. Won't have to worry about the bottoms coming apart with these. He said they've been working with the mini quad project a lot. They will have to get the new bottoms designed and made, in which a new design is harder/more time consuming to make then the design we have, but he said extra bottoms would be made.

Lethalhonda2
01-07-2005, 06:02 PM
So did John say anything about fixing his old A-arms?Heck when I E-mailed him he said nothing about a new a-arm. I find this to most efective (E-mail) because I have proof of everything he writes (Documentation)He is suppose to be sending me a bearing that cost 5 times as much as the original one, so the original must of been junk!I'm with Tommy17 on this one.I think if we all stick together we can really make John realize that we wont stand for this crap. I'm in the process of putting my stock frame,A-arms,swingarm,steering stem ect back together so I have something to ride and trust.

Dave400ex
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
We didn't talk about the old design as far as updating, just the problems that have happened. Also he did mention the bearing and parts he sent you.

Tommy 17
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
lmfao dave he don't care about us... he'll get around to fixin our a-arms when ever he wants... who knows how long it'll take him to do that mini... u won't have a-arms for months...

lethal if u want the addy to send in stuff to the BBB let me know... i'm glad u guys finally want to do something... bc i've had it!!!!

powerstroke
01-07-2005, 10:30 PM
its funny how some companies never seem to get their stuff together. you just dont here stuff like this about laeger, arsfx, etc..... etc...... Its a real bummer when you pay a lot of money for a product only to find out that it is still in the "developmental" stage.......

TC426EX
01-08-2005, 06:49 AM
I agree... All the interviews and posts Ive read with john, he says how his shop is "state of the art" and automated and head and shoulders above the rest. Also how their quality is unsurpassed blah blah blah... Well, it sounds like hes got to spend some more time with something called R+D... The last thing you want to do is be using the customers as guinea pigs...I had an Arens Steering Stem and it bent real bad after the very first MINOR incident that I had. It seemed like it was made out of very light non-chromoly material and it just didnt hold up well at all. I feel your pain guys, if I got a pair of unsafe A arms after spending all that money I would be absolutely livid...

If I was him I would make an effort to come on here and say what hes gonna do about the situation... With a site like this with over 30,000 members its real easy to get a bad name going around. I know he doesnt want to get a reputation like FIBE Industries has on here since everyone has pretty much blackballed them and wont do business with them anymore...

Tommy 17
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
haha u wanna know johns answer to me about what i should do with teh a-arms...

go to ebay or here and sell them to someone else so they get killed on the a-arms before i do...

great customer service if u ask me...:o

Jackie
01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
So did John say anything about fixing his old A-arms?Heck when I E-mailed him he said nothing about a new a-arm. I find this to most efective (E-mail) because I have proof of everything he writes (Documentation)He is suppose to be sending me a bearing that cost 5 times as much as the original one, so the original must of been junk!I'm with Tommy17 on this one.I think if we all stick together we can really make John realize that we wont stand for this crap. I'm in the process of putting my stock frame,A-arms,swingarm,steering stem ect back together so I have something to ride and trust.

I've had no issues with the frame or stem. His frame design seems to have been around a while so the bugs are out of it. the stem no problems either (hasnt bent yet) and i do ride rough.
I realy think a consumer saftey agency could help us out.
:mad:

nacs400ex
01-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
With a site like this with over 30,000 members its real easy to get a bad name going around. I know he doesnt want to get a reputation like FIBE Industries has on here since everyone has pretty much blackballed them and wont do business with them anymore...

I am not trying to start an arguement just stating my previous history with Fibe Industries.

I have bought MANY parts of them, hoods,JB a-arms, Elka shocks, steering stem, Brakelines. rims, graphics kit, brakepads, ALL of the non-OEM parts I bought for my 400ex, and R.

Not once have a had a problem with the company. Although maybe the problems occured due to poor shipping on their part? I live 10 minutes away from Fibe Industries, and do not have to get my parts shipped.

I can understand how people feel when they are jacked, I just cant see Fibe Industries doing that. Its unfortunate everyone has had problems with them. But I will continue buying products from Fibe until this bad service comes my way.

Craig

Tommy 17
01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I've had no issues with the frame or stem. His frame design seems to have been around a while so the bugs are out of it. the stem no problems either (hasnt bent yet) and i do ride rough.
I realy think a consumer saftey agency could help us out.
:mad:

consider urself lucky jackie...

i know chef had to hack up his frame to put in his CRF motor... lethal with all of his probelms... i saw a frame in person and most of hte parts were held on with zip ties because the bolt holes didn't line up on parts...:(

400ex28
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
I think that this guy needs to go out of business and give you all your money back!

Jackie
01-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
consider urself lucky jackie...

i know chef had to hack up his frame to put in his CRF motor... lethal with all of his probelms... i saw a frame in person and most of hte parts were held on with zip ties because the bolt holes didn't line up on parts...:(

I hope my stock arms will fit:confused:

Tommy 17
01-10-2005, 11:29 AM
they will fit if the arens do...

consider urself lucky... u don't have longtravel and u can use ur suspension... i can't use my elkas on the stock a-arms...

Jackie
01-10-2005, 03:11 PM
That stinks about your shocks.
And of course I was told on the phone that this problem of the bearing pulling out is with the +1's only.
Man the crap is deep
I apologize for giving you hard time for being so harsh on the subject..
Please accept?
:o

Tommy 17
01-10-2005, 03:38 PM
none here at all!!! i knew u'd come around someday haha

just think u've only been pissed for a few days... i've had it building up for months:blah:

Lethalhonda2
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I hope my stock arms will fit
Well on mine that is a big negative.The brackets that the A-arms mount to on the frame are too narrow.I could grind down the 4 collars on each a-arm but enough is enough.I know it cant be easy to get everything to line up like a stock frame, but if a jig was made and everything is automated in his shop then it should be alot closer than what it was.Dont get me wrong the frame looks really strong but everytime I have to work on it :mad:

Jackie
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Well on mine that is a big negative.The brackets that the A-arms mount to on the frame are too narrow.I could grind down the 4 collars on each a-arm but enough is enough.I know it cant be easy to get everything to line up like a stock frame, but if a jig was made and everything is automated in his shop then it should be alot closer than what it was.Dont get me wrong the frame looks really strong but everytime I have to work on it :mad:
I won' be working on it for a couple of weekends. I will let you know how it goes. I feel sooo taken right now, I think I am going to have a couple beers...and forget about it for a few..:scary:

INFANTRY RACING
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
so it's ok to hate on arens now. I've been hating on him for a few years now.:D

Tommy 17
01-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I won' be working on it for a couple of weekends. I will let you know how it goes. I feel sooo taken right now, I think I am going to have a couple beers...and forget about it for a few..:scary:

we all were don't feel bad...

think u can send me some of that beer:p haha j.k

Jackie
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks for the encourgment
:)
beers gone I drank it all:D