PDA

View Full Version : 2005 supercross season

komatsu kid
01-05-2005, 06:09 AM
this year is going to be a good one to watch,i cant wait for this weekend,mc,rc,stewart.
hopefully it will be on tv the next day so i can see it.

suzuki's 450 dirtbike will be raced by seb tortelli this weekend

SSRedRider
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Lets not forget the champ, Chad Reed. Or Kevin Windam. They should give us a good season this year. How do you think Reed is going to do against RC? And what about Mc? Wonder is he will do much. I think that the first race is this weekend. Can't wait to see the results. Hope it is on the tube the next day, that would be sweet.

Jeffksf
01-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Tune your TV to ESPN2 at Noon on Sun. and you should have it, next day coverage.

I can't wait for this season to get started, unfortunatly it might be a mud race. They already cancelled Fri. practice.

Go to www.racerxill.com for all your SX news.

Flynbryan19
01-05-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm a BIG MC fan, but I'm skeptical on what hes gonna be able to do..... He's doing it for fun, and from the interviews doesn't seem to be to terribly focused. At that level you've really gotta have your A-game on if you wanna finish top 5 or higher. I know MC has ALOT of natural talent, but hes picked up some weight, and has been out of the game for a couple years now. Hard to tell....

I see KW as a top 5 man with a few shining moments of 2-3 place finishes, but with Bubba, RC, CR all in it this year I don't see much of a chance of a win unless they all take each other out at once:D

Although Bubba(stewart) is unbelievably fast, hes never had the kinda pressure consisteny for 20 laps like hes gonna have from RC and CR. I think he may win quite a few races, but I also think hes gonna crash outta some too. Borrowing no injuries I definately see him top 3 at the end of the season.

Chad Reed is gonna be RC's most consistent challenger all season no doubt. He's VERY fast, but most importantly hes cool headed, and calm. Hes proven many times that he doesn't crack under pressure(something KW is known for), and if he and RC get a 1-2 start I think it will be hard for anyone else to reel them in.

As for Charmicheal, sorry Yamaha fans, I see him being the top dog this year. He is every bit as fast as the other top 3 and his determination is unmatched. RC's biggest weakness in the 03' season was has ability in the whoops. With the way that he and Suzuki hammered the whoops all during the off-season I think they will have it ironed out. I know hes on a new machine, but I think Charmicheal could win on anything.

I can't wait to see the results from this weekend. Should be GREAT racing!

Rdogg450
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I'm a BIG MC fan, but I'm skeptical on what hes gonna be able to do..... He's doing it for fun, and from the interviews doesn't seem to be to terribly focused. At that level you've really gotta have your A-game on if you wanna finish top 5 or higher. I know MC has ALOT of natural talent, but hes picked up some weight, and has been out of the game for a couple years now. Hard to tell....

I see KW as a top 5 man with a few shining moments of 2-3 place finishes, but with Bubba, RC, CR all in it this year I don't see much of a chance of a win unless they all take each other out at once:D

Although Bubba(stewart) is unbelievably fast, hes never had the kinda pressure consisteny for 20 laps like hes gonna have from RC and CR. I think he may win quite a few races, but I also think hes gonna crash outta some too. Borrowing no injuries I definately see him top 3 at the end of the season.

Chad Reed is gonna be RC's most consistent challenger all season no doubt. He's VERY fast, but most importantly hes cool headed, and calm. Hes proven many times that he doesn't crack under pressure(something KW is known for), and if he and RC get a 1-2 start I think it will be hard for anyone else to reel them in.

As for Charmicheal, sorry Yamaha fans, I see him being the top dog this year. He is every bit as fast as the other top 3 and his determination is unmatched. RC's biggest weakness in the 03' season was has ability in the whoops. With the way that he and Suzuki hammered the whoops all during the off-season I think they will have it ironed out. I know hes on a new machine, but I think Charmicheal could win on anything.

I can't wait to see the results from this weekend. Should be GREAT racing!
Let's not forget about Mike Larocco!:cool:

400EXracer74
01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
lets not forget that this is a quad bike forum

gpd005
01-07-2005, 02:14 PM
how about Pastrana! I know I know the dude is always hurt but man that kid can ride! I think it would be cool if he pulled something big off for the first round and won!!! He is talented!

Regardless this is going to be a great year of racing!!

Rdogg450
01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74

Always someone running their mouth.:rolleyes:

komatsu kid
01-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
Always someone running their mouth.:rolleyes: aint that the truth:) so who won?

komatsu kid
01-09-2005, 06:57 AM
1st kevin windham
2nd mike larocco
3rd ricky carmichael
4th seb tortelli

98red
01-09-2005, 06:16 PM
so thats Honda 1 and 2 :D

WhiteZee
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 98red
so thats Honda 1 and 2 :D
well, its more like
mud 3
RC 0
Mcgrath 0
stewart 0

Flynbryan19
01-10-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
well, its more like
mud 3
RC 0
Mcgrath 0
stewart 0

Exactly.....

Carmicheal had that race in the bag till he laid it over TWICE in the deep mud. Mc, and JBS both had handlebar/lever issues that took them out. It was fun to watch, but personal opinon..... that wasn't an SX race. It was an XC race indoors.....:rolleyes: The track crews did all they could, but it rained for 3 days straight leading up to that race. It was gonna be a mud bath no matter what. I'll be glad to see the series get outta Cali so we can see some DRY racing. Then I think we'll see the battles we've been waiting for. ;)

Jeffksf
01-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74

"Quad Bike" isn't that an oxymoron? I ride a quad, ATV, or 4wheeler, it's not a bike.

So now we have to wait another week to see how fast everyone really is

Rdogg450
01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Exactly.....

Carmicheal had that race in the bag till he laid it over TWICE in the deep mud. Mc, and JBS both had handlebar/lever issues that took them out. It was fun to watch, but personal opinon..... that wasn't an SX race. It was an XC race indoors.....:rolleyes: The track crews did all they could, but it rained for 3 days straight leading up to that race. It was gonna be a mud bath no matter what. I'll be glad to see the series get outta Cali so we can see some DRY racing. Then I think we'll see the battles we've been waiting for. ;)

Yeah..... I know the points count and all but to me it seems the season starts next Saturday.:cool: