PDA

View Full Version : cam and pipe questions for 416

nopulse95
01-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Right now, my 400ex is stock, but I will be doing the je 10.8:1 416 piston soon. Here are my questions, I mostly trail ride, and don't want to loose any bottom end. Will the stage 2 affect my bottom end? And if i go with a stage 1, will i only have low end gains, and no high end? And pipe, since money is usually and issue, if i just did a slip on, would I not be getting the full benefit of the piston and cam? Do you definately recommend the full system, is it a noticable difference between the full system and slip on? thanks for any suggestions..

400exracer511
01-04-2005, 08:41 PM
i have a je 10.8:1 416, stage II hotcam and white bros e series slip on and it has very little bottom end. i would def. get stage I for woods. i havent had a full system on it so i dont know how much you gain with one but i hear its alot. runs alot better thatn stock with piston and cam though

cals400ex
01-05-2005, 01:39 AM
the stage 2 might be a little much for trails. you will gain top end with the stage 1. the stage 1 just wont' rev (in rpms) as high as the stage 2. i consider the stage 1 to be a good woods cam. the stage 1 is a noisy cam though (it sounds like valves are ticking).

for the pipe, the full system is best. my buddy switched from a slip on to a full system and the gains were pretty nice. i understand cash can be short. a slip on is better than nothing though. i do have a white brothers R4 slip on for sale if your interested too.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-05-2005, 11:44 AM
We use the STG 2 cm in almost all of our motors. It has great alround gains. The stg 1 is a good woods cam also but when the motor is built right the stg2 is going to out perform it.

nopulse95
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Can you tell me what I need to have it "built right", and if did, would i notice a loss in the bottem end at all with the stage 2?