PDA

View Full Version : pulling on wheelie

Flatwoods Flash
01-04-2005, 07:24 PM
On my 400ex when I've got it up on a wheelie it pulls off to the left. Yeah of course I thought it was tire pressure but I put way more pressure in the left side tire than the right and it made almost no difference. Anybody got any ideas. It sucks having to just ride beside my friends when there doing wheelies and I can't because I know I'll have to let it down way before they do.:rolleyes:

spud400ex
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
your hub might be loose.

Flatwoods Flash
01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes it was loose but I tightened it up and it made no difference. Thanks for the quick reply.;)

450ar
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Maby one tire is slightly taller then the other. Go around the circumfrence with a piece of sting. Then measure the string. Do the same to the other tire. Make sure you measure it in the same spot.

Flatwoods Flash
01-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Well it's weird because the lefts side tire (the side it's pulling to) has deeper tread than the right side tire. It's like the right side tire is wearing faster than the left. It seems like it should be the other way around since it is pulling to the left. What do you think would be the cause of this and do you think that it could have something to do with the wheelie problem?

YFZ450Ridr
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Flatwoods Flash
Well it's weird because the lefts side tire (the side it's pulling to) has deeper tread than the right side tire. It's like the right side tire is wearing faster than the left. It seems like it should be the other way around since it is pulling to the left. What do you think would be the cause of this and do you think that it could have something to do with the wheelie problem?

well if the left tire has deeper tread than that could make that tire slightly taller and cause u to turn while wheeling.

also could be that your chain being on the left is pulling the left tire more:confused: i was pulling to the right on wheelies a while and i realized that when i went up in a wheelie i had an automatic tendency to lean to the right side. try leaning more to the right to try and even it out a little bit.

Flatwoods Flash
01-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Naw man, the right side tire is worn down more than the left, which should make it pull to the right, but instead it pulls to the left.

It's not that I'm leaning to one side or the other because I can do wheelies on other fourwheelers and I go straight.

drgn_erth
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe your rim center is tweaked. I know a guy who had that problem but about the tire being wore:confused:

DaleJrFan
01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
when riding straight on level ground does it pull one way or the other? there is alot of ideas being thrown around in here but maybe the axle is bent ever so slightly that you dont notice. straighten your front tires and measure from the front tire center to the rear tire center and see if it is the same on both sides. let us know what you find cause i have seen this alot but it is usually just air pressure.

450 Racer R
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
if your right tire is more worn than your left tire, you're going to go to the left not the right. The smaller diameter of the right tire causes it to spin faster than the left one making it to go to the left. it could be worn down more than the other side because maybe you slide it out to that side more.

Flatwoods Flash
01-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes that would make the right side tire spin faster, if they were not on a straight axle. But since the tire is smaller your not going as far with each rotation of the tire. So my right side tire is smaller in diameter and circumference than my left, so with each rotatio of the wheels ( one wheel can't spin faster than the other because there on a straight axle) my right side tire isn't traveling as far as the left side tire so this should make it pull to the right, but for some reason it pulls to the left.

Did you follow me on that?:)

L & L Racing
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
put more pressure on your right foot when you come up, it helps for me :D