PDA

View Full Version : Exriders Project

Kyle_Racer_31
01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey all the main guys hear at exriders.com.....I was Wondering you guys should let the members vote or make Comments for the next Project Quad.??????

Just a Idea..

Thanks,

Honda4trax250x
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
its ATVriders now:macho

get it right or pay the price

Kyle_Racer_31
01-04-2005, 07:29 PM
yea.... iam use to calling it exriders...LOL

steveatv3
01-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Kyle_Racer_31
yea.... iam use to calling it exriders...LOL

i think we all are use to callin it exriders

trict_out
01-04-2005, 07:42 PM
how bout a project 300ex? :devil: haha just a thought?

bansheeguy77
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
being we are now ATVriders how aboot a project banshee or yfz :macho

L & L Racing
01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
sorry to not stick to the subject, but what happend to the hot chicks thread?

roostin_dale
01-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Since its ATVriders now we should do a Project YFZ!!:D

QuadJunkies
01-04-2005, 11:59 PM
HOw about a mini quad.......... :devil:

honduh440
01-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

hell yeah!!

DEAL
01-05-2005, 04:15 AM

Admin
01-05-2005, 06:28 AM
The next project will be a Z400, but I think it is a great idea to hear what everyone wants to see for Project after the Z400. I was planning on building a YFZ toward the end of the year.

erac4019
01-05-2005, 07:28 AM
How about a project Z400 that is set up for GNCC stock class racing ;)

Admin
01-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by erac4019
How about a project Z400 that is set up for GNCC stock class racing ;)

You are too funny!!

quad
01-05-2005, 08:28 AM
The Z400 project sounds awesome!! Good thinkin!!:D

Hondadudeehhhh
01-05-2005, 09:37 AM
a 50 would be cool. Id like to see you guys build like a kasea or something like that for the kids and maybe have some type of sweepstakes.

Pappy
01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
you guys really want a trick mini racing quad?

or how about a tricked YFZ?

or both:devil:

Tommy 17
01-05-2005, 09:58 AM
come on u gotta do this true exriders style...

yfz frame, 450r motor, 300ex front shock, 400ex rear shock, 250r plastic, z400 swingarm, blaster brakes, banshee radiator... etc...

u know on this site everyone tries to put every part from every other quad onto a differnt one:p :devil: u can't put one together with all the right parts if u wanna be a true exriders bike...:chinese:

QuadJunkies
01-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
you guys really want a trick mini racing quad?

or how about a tricked YFZ?

or both:devil: Im sick of the YFZ. But a Mini would be something you dont see every day ......... :devil:

Martin Blair
01-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda 450r chassis with a 500 banshee motor

erac4019
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
How about building a real racing mini, something that the factories SHOULD build. Blaster/300ex/Mojave size frame w/ a ttr125/crf150/klx125 engine. That would be the next logical step the big 4 would take given the demise of the 2-stroke over the next couple of years.

FasstMidnightZ
01-05-2005, 01:23 PM
a tricked out 250ex :eek: :D

300extreme#8
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
idk y i think this,but i think fixin up a raptor would be cool,but the next one needs to be for mx:D

bluebaron
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
go pimp my ride style,. find a real POS, and make it b!tchin!

IMO i dont really like the whole mini idea

AtvMxRider
01-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Damn good idea woman:macho

trict_out
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
why a z400? why not somethin different and exciting?

01-05-2005, 04:59 PM
heres an idea take a trx90 some how put a yz125 motor in it and then gusset the s**t out of the frame fabricate a mount for 400ex arms and swingarm and then get some huge long travel shcoks and make it a freestyle mini eh?? that would be a first:devil:

Chanman420q
01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
why a z400? why not somethin different and exciting?

Honestly, not to be an *** or anything but its because harlen will beable to use for his races. Not that its that big of a deal to me, because the money isnt gunna be coming out of my pocket. But i kinda think its a stupid, Then play it off as it was the ATVriders project bike. Maybe thats not the case.

I dont think we should do anymore project bikes. There cool, but it seems like everything has been done up and its nothing really new.

I say a predator. Debore it to a 450, all done up. You dont see many of those. Tricked YFZ, 400ex, TRX, and even Z400s arent uncommon. And a hybrid is basicly useless these days

QuAdEr 317
01-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
come on u gotta do this true exriders style...

yfz frame, 450r motor, 300ex front shock, 400ex rear shock, 250r plastic, z400 swingarm, blaster brakes, banshee radiator... etc...

u know on this site everyone tries to put every part from every other quad onto a differnt one:p :devil: u can't put one together with all the right parts if u wanna be a true exriders bike...:chinese:

lmfao:blah: :blah: hahaha its not right but its true

Admin
01-05-2005, 09:03 PM
The biggest reason it will be a Suzuki is because I already own a couple of them, and I am very knowledgable about some neat tricks to make them even better, which I would like to share in the Project Quad.

Right now, I can't afford to buy another Quad, but I will try to get something else to build as a project in the fall.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Admin
The biggest reason it will be a Suzuki is because I already own a couple of them, and I am very knowledgable about some neat tricks to make them even better, which I would like to share in the Project Quad.

Right now, I can't afford to buy another Quad, but I will try to get something else to build as a project in the fall.

Well then........ Lets just send you over LilQJ's???!!!!! :eek: :blah: :p :devil:

Im sure she would mind........... :D

Admin
01-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Well then........ Lets just send you over LilQJ's???!!!!! :eek: :blah: :p :devil:

Im sure she would mind........... :D

lol

Shawn H
01-05-2005, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chanman420q
[B]Honestly, not to be an *** or anything but its because harlen will beable to use for his races. Not that its that big of a deal to me, because the money isnt gunna be coming out of my pocket. But i kinda think its a stupid, Then play it off as it was the ATVriders project bike. Maybe thats not the case.

Correct me If Im wrong but Harlen is racing the Stock class. A built up quad is no use to him.

A tricked out Mini quad would be cool!

brandonpeake
01-06-2005, 12:20 AM
id like to see a crf quad buildup, its been done but so has everything else, just think it would be interesteg to see an ex/atv riders crf quad

markk
01-06-2005, 03:18 AM
I think a mini quad would be sick!!!!!!!!:D

Actully a V-force would be pretty sweet as well, Heck Brian Baker Pulled of some incredable finishes on his huge ol machine!

MY450R
01-06-2005, 06:39 AM
scrap the mini idea i mean really how useful would that be??
not that it wouldnt be cool but lets get an adult machine under the knife
i like the preddy idea and making it a 450 but by fall the z450 shouldnt be to far away and that definatly piques my interest

Jersey450R
01-06-2005, 07:15 AM
a TRX 90 all hooked up to the max would be awesome. put a 240 blaster motor in a trx90 frame with some +3's and an axle. Oh, and dont forget the + 10 swingarm! LOL!

TheFontMaster
01-06-2005, 07:53 AM
I really think that for the next project, no matter how far off it is should be an old school quad. Something like a 250r, LT520, Tecate 4, or a Quadzilla. Or mabe even a trike:macho :blah:

Kyle_Racer_31
01-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I say we do a 300ex project quad:rolleyes: :blah: :macho

quadsrfun
01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
there is a cool 300ex project that we did at Gear Worx. If you would like to see it go to www.gearworxriders.com . Just click on 300ex makeover and you will go right to it. It was a real junker when we started, but now my wife has a real butt kicker. I would post pics on here but I don't know how.

Jersey450R
01-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_Racer_31
I say we do a 300ex project quad:rolleyes: :blah: :macho
yea! do a 300 that can race with all the pro production quads.

Rico
01-06-2005, 09:26 AM
When do the members of Exriders get to ride the project quads???

What do we get out of these project builds???? Whats in it for us members Harlie????

Chino
01-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Rico
When do the members of Exriders get to ride the project quads???

What do we get out of these project builds???? Whats in it for us members Harlie????

Bling Blingin Pictures DUH!!

Mobile Dyno
01-06-2005, 10:11 AM

We get the INFORMATION. Like finding out how all the aftermarket products will work and look on a bike. That way we can see how the products perform before we buy it. To see if the company's stand true to what they are advertising.
Just my 2cents :)

Chino
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Mobile Dyno
We get the INFORMATION. Like finding out how all the aftermarket products will work and look on a bike. That way we can see how the products perform before we buy it. To see if the company's stand true to what they are advertising.
Just my 2cents :)

How the heck, can you tell how they perform, if your not riding it, your going on looks alone and what someone is telling you. Two peoples opinions may vary widley on a product, while one may love it another may think it sucks, your just going on what they say and how they say it act's. Are you there while there riding it, NO, how do you know for sure the suspension is great without going out there and riding it yourself. You don't, your going on one or two people's opinion of it! Just my 2 cents ;) In other words I think your just getting a review, of everything, and if you want that, why not just flip open your dirtwheels and take there word for it as well:confused:

Shawn H
01-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Very well said Harsh but well said:)

Chanman420q
01-06-2005, 11:35 AM
The only 2 projects id like to see is either an LSR outlaw Banshee. ( for those who dont know, 250r geometics, but a banshee motor ) or a hybrid with the RM-Z450 dirt bike engine. Only because you rarely see the outlaw and as of my knowledge, the RM bike motor hasnt been used yet.

is the RMZ even released yet?

QuadJunkies
01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
scrap the mini idea i mean really how useful would that be??
not that it wouldnt be cool but lets get an adult machine under the knife
i like the preddy idea and making it a 450 but by fall the z450 shouldnt be to far away and that definatly piques my interest How cool would that be??? I think it would be SICK!!!
Either way, Harlen Can have our Preddy OR LIL QJ's Kasea if he wants to pimp it out..... :devil: then he wont have to buy one!!!! :D ;)

Shawn H
01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
The only 2 projects id like to see is either an LSR outlaw Banshee. ( for those who dont know, 250r geometics, but a banshee motor ) or a hybrid with the RM-Z450 dirt bike engine. Only because you rarely see the outlaw and as of my knowledge, the RM bike motor hasnt been used yet.

is the RMZ even released yet?

Its supposed to debut this Saturday the first race for Supercross I believe its going to be a good race!!

Pappy
01-06-2005, 04:30 PM
my 1 penny on some of the things being discussed in here.....

1) THE PROJECT 450R wasnt titled exriders site quad. the exriders project 400ex was started by the old site owner and there for the name followed thru. the 450R was assembled by the owner of atvriders.com, a few members that contribute time working on the quad, companies that want to showcase thier products on said quad and geuss what, the money came from harlens pocket not the site along with services donated for name recognition. i am sure parts were obtained at a discounted price but i have no details past what i invested in the project.

2) i would agree if the site fronted the cash for a project they should have a say in whats used and whats done, but all i see is smacking gums not cash being offered?

3) as far as what the members get out of anything posted on a website forums page...information about products and rider feedback. hence Pro Rider Andy Lagzins was asked to thrash the quad for opinions and feedback. Andy didnt recieve anything except the oppertunity to ride the he!! out of a pimp quad for a few hours. now a pro riders feedback to me means something, but i prefer a regular joe riders input also. if the view is that its all the opinion of one rider then wouldnt that basically be the same as a magazine editors view, a riders view or even threads already posted about different things on a website?

4) the ability to get people and companies organized to help with such a project is harder then one might think, and the cost is still a burden even when you get a break on some parts. ofcourse once the project is finished you have to have the reputation of being honest and trustworthy so that people will take you seriously. not everyone is taken seriously no matter how good thier intentions maybe. companies want good press but one must also be able to show negatives along with the positives regarding part fitment and functionality. anyone can assemble a quad, call it a project and post the information or have it run in a major magazine, but not everyone has the character to be believed and taken as genuine and sincere in thier evaluation of the finished project.

5) as far as flipping open dirtwheels, we all have that option, yet ive seen the very people taking this view bash the magazines for being biased. strange world we live in i geuss.

6) isnt posting pictures of a rebuild and a description of the parts chosen a common thing on this and other websites? i suppose some just manage to keep doing better and better and setting the standard while others simply do the best they can. there is nothing wrong with either scenario, but its about sharing your expeirences and discussing your findings. if opinions didnt matter then there wouldnt be umteen million websites and magazines for us to view, there would be 1 and it would be of 1 view.

sorry to ramble, i just figured i would interject my opinion on a few of these topics.

AtvMxRider
01-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm

Correct me If Im wrong but Harlen is racing the Stock class. A built up quad is no use to him.

A tricked out Mini quad would be cool!

There has already been 2 sport quad builds on here why not have a mini?

Pappy
01-06-2005, 04:41 PM
ill tell you why a mini would be at a huge disadvantage...

unless you have hetricks behind you, your going to build a production mini with standard bolt on parts.

if you step out and build a hybrid mini it has very very little use unless you lined up a talented young rider to campaign it at the national level. a local level hybrid isnt allowed in most regions or in most sanctioned events shy of the gnc's.

trust me i am building a few mini's right now and although i would love to get wicked with them i cant. they have to serve our purpose and fit within the guidlines for the type of racing we do.

the biggest disadvantage would be finding a company willing to donate heavily into the project. being that there are very few comapnies that specialize in mini quads its slim pickings.

im all for it, and i would help in any way i could, but i see huge roadblocks for this type of project.

Shawn H
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree with you!

lots of people have little guys/gals racing or riding.I know I do and I would like to see it!:cool:

Also Andy Lagzdin(sp) is a reputable guy as Harlen but thats only 2 people's view anyone can take it how they will. Personally I dont try something unless I seen it/rode it/tested it, or someone I know has!

Chino
01-06-2005, 05:05 PM

Also Andy Lagzdin(sp) is a reputable guy as Harlen but thats only 2 people's view anyone can take it how they will. Personally I dont try something unless I seen it/rode it/tested it, or someone I know has!

I couldn't agree more, if i dont know much about something, i ask several people i know that know something about the product to see what will serve the purpose best for me, i like to get several different peoples opinions on stuff to get all the pro's and con's of the product.

Pappy
01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
then id suggest you throw a leg over harlens quad the next chance you get as im sure he would be happy to have you take a spin on it.

besides that, how many people is the adequte number before an opinion becomes fact?(answer is zero...opinion isnt fact, fact is fact) i think the topic should be directed more at what is being reviewed and by whom versus by how many. i have seen chino and snowgasm both offer an opinion on a product in a thread, is this to mean that you wasted your time posting your opinion or findings?or that the info you provided is meaningless to whoever reads it? (according to your logic it does)

i do agree that more information is a good thing, however when you take the time to write a review and post it you also open yourself up to differing opinions, views and sometimes opposing facts, and that just comes with the territory. im grateful for those that post product reviews and findings within our sport. im not so fond of those that are over critical especially when they just offer speculative objections and dont themselves see a review worth the effort it takes to read it. thats nothing personal, just an observation. sometimes i think folks just like to be on the opposite side of an issue and thats cool, everyone see's things differently.

Pappy
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Personally I dont try something unless I seen it/rode it/tested it,or someone I know has!

would you like to rethink your statement? lol:blah:

Chino
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
however everyone see's things differently.

Exactly, i think this has gotten out of hand to an extent. It was more less to ask what we "atvriders.com" benifits out of these project bikes. But that has been answered now by you. I will take anyone's opinion, on anything into consideration with anything. Sometimes i think we all get caught up in all this mumbo jumbo and forget about the real reason for this. We all like the same thing and enjoy it regardless of the situtation, whether it be mx,xc,flat track etc, the list goes on. On this website everyone has one thing in common, that's our interest in the sport of atv's and that's FACT. But withouth a little bit of contreversy (sp) and arguing it's pointless lol. We all like to speak our minds every now and then, even if our fingers are typing, faster than our minds are thinking. :macho I'd hope someone would take my opinion of something into consideration at times on a product but if they don't, that's there choice, just like taking another's opinion, or a review on a product, that's all it is, is one's person's perspective on how it act's. No one can really say how great it is but yourself, "the owner" of the product till you can test it for yourself, your never going to be happy! :)

QuadJunkies
01-06-2005, 08:45 PM
If I had the money to shell out to do a project mini I would... There is starting to get to be some good aftermarket out there and now that the minis are coming to life in the racing I just thought that would be a neat project and still stay within certain guidlines to stay within the racing classes.
I guess some of it would have to do with what mini was modified also.

Shawn H
01-07-2005, 09:21 PM
would you like to rethink your statement? lol:blah:

The only thing I have jumped on was the Rekluse :grr:

Pappy
01-08-2005, 06:02 AM
The only thing I have jumped on was the Rekluse :grr:
lmao!

im yanking yer chain:devil: :blah:

Shawn H
01-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey it was still a good product tho>

Just not for me:(

Hows my subframe coming?

MOFO
01-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I guess I have to add my $0.02 as well... :D

I remember one of the things I really liked about this site way back when it started was passing along information about parts for 400EX's. When someone added 1 part to their 400ex it was easy for them to report the benefits of that part, and that part only. Not rebuilding the quad from the frame up and replacing every single part and creating a $20,000+ race quad.

The problem I have with these project quads is that everything on the quad is basically replaced all at once. How can someone report on the handling of a quad when you replace the a-arms, suspension, tires, wheels...etc, then report on how each item works to change handling characteristics? This is impossible to do since all of the parts mentioned work together and were replaced at the same time. I mean, if there is a product that was used on the project 450R, how could I find out how that one product will benefit my quad without rebuilding the entire thing?

I think for most people on this site, dumping $5,000-$15,000+ in parts all at once is not an option. Sure it makes for nice pictures, but where is the REAL information? Seeing a project quad get built up piece by piece, then reporting on how that one part affected the quad would be more beneficial for the members (very similar to how this site got started). Its very nice to have pro's available for their opinions, but dont forget about the average joe that rides on weekends. I really see more and more of the average joe stuff being phased out here. I realize this is very difficult to do, but as I said, alot of the members are not building up a full blown race quad to ride on weekends in poker runs or riding with the family.

bansheeguy77
01-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MOFO

I remember one of the things I really liked about this site way back when it started was passing along information about parts for 400EX's. When someone added 1 part to their 400ex it was easy for them to report the benefits of that part, and that part only. Not rebuilding the quad from the frame up and replacing every single part and creating a $20,000+ race quad.

The problem I have with these project quads is that everything on the quad is basically replaced all at once. How can someone report on the handling of a quad when you replace the a-arms, suspension, tires, wheels...etc, then report on how each item works to change handling characteristics? This is impossible to do since all of the parts mentioned work together and were replaced at the same time. I mean, if there is a product that was used on the project 450R, how could I find out how that one product will benefit my quad without rebuilding the entire thing?

I think for most people on this site, dumping $5,000-$15,000+ in parts all at once is not an option. Sure it makes for nice pictures, but where is the REAL information? Seeing a project quad get built up piece by piece, then reporting on how that one part affected the quad would be more beneficial for the members (very similar to how this site got started). Its very nice to have pro's available for their opinions, but dont forget about the average joe that rides on weekends. I really see more and more of the average joe stuff being phased out here. I realize this is very difficult to do, but as I said, alot of the members are not building up a full blown race quad to ride on weekends in poker runs or riding with the family.

well said. i actually agree with you :blah:
and my 2 cents, mini quads are boring. nothing i hate seeing more than minis. at motorama they have about 3 hrs of minis and i want to shoot myself.

Tommy 17
01-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
at motorama they have about 3 hrs of minis and i want to shoot myself.

we couldn't get that lucky homo:p

eric i totaly agree with ya...

01-08-2005, 02:46 PM
How about something you dont see everyday? You see modded 450rs, YFZ's and Z400s everyday. Why not something different like a Mojave or Lakota. You may think they dont make alot of stuff for them but, They do. and If you do decide to do a mojave or lakota(which i higly doubt) i suggest this site www.cycleworksracing.com all mojave crap on there

:macho

bansheeguy77
01-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
we couldn't get that lucky homo:p

eric i totaly agree with ya...

now that ya mentioned it...somebody owes me something that i was promised. i only got half payment. if not i might have to make a trip out west to hand out an arse whoopin :scary:

AtvMxRider
01-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by MOFO