PDA

View Full Version : New 11:1 piston installed

2qk4u
04-24-2002, 09:15 PM
Just got done with the latest mod on the 400. Just got done installing a standard bore 11:1 piston. Didnt want to spend all the money right now on a big bore kit andcam etc and a couple of buddies of mine have done this and they highly recommended it so i gave it a try and boy was i suprised. it made a really big difference. pulls great throughout all the gears now. running a 155 main and a 42 pilot. cant believe the difference it made for the money. I have to say this is the best bang for your buck. $120 and your in there.

yellow machine
04-25-2002, 01:51 PM
do have to run race gas or just high octane pump gas?

TrxTex
04-25-2002, 04:56 PM
I put the 11:1 piston, the all around web cam, and the rev box....

I have only been out once to mess around after breakin but I can tell a major difference. I know this may start an uproar...but you cant tell me that 16cc's would make that much of a difference from what I currently run. Im very satisfied and no boring was needed.

2qk4u
04-25-2002, 05:13 PM
thats exactley what im talking about. 16cc is not going to make that much more difference if any at all. my mod made a huge difference in the performance. i am very satisfied with the turn out. the only thing i am having a problem with right now is when i start it up when the engine is cold it wants to smoke some just for about 15 seconds then it all clears up. its seems to be oil smoke also which i cant understand because i did it all right putting the engine together. any ideas out there? hopefully it clears up. i have ridden it for 2 hours so far. shouldnt be doing this i know that. other than that it runs greeeaaaaaaaaattttttt.

TrxTex
04-25-2002, 05:29 PM
I assume you mean out of the exhaust. Maybe its some left over oil in the cylinder from the install. Could be that you leaked some into your header pipes??? I dont know. Mine doesnt smoke at all....except on the outside of the cylinder where the oil that spilled out during install still resides.

I would give a little more time....if it keeps it up then I would tear into it and make sure the rings are set right.