PDA

View Full Version : Black 450R owners...

PADZZ
01-04-2005, 03:56 PM
First off, I've been a member for quite a while, but haven't visited since I traded in my 400ex for my Prairie 700 a while ago.
Anyway, I'll be getting a new sport quad and it's down to the 450R, Z-400 and theYFZ450.....on to the question: Do any of you black 450R owners (black quad, btw) regret the decision of going black? How is it holding up? I know it's an off road bike, but I don't want a $6,000 quad looking like crap after a few rides. Scratches show up easily? Get hazy etc? It is the sweetest looking quad new.......

hermit
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
the plastics are soft, and they get scratched pretty easy, i haven't tried to buff them out yet but i am going to get a sticker kit the miracle to all plastic scratches. other than that they look sick black

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 05:47 PM
well i havent put the black plastics on my R yet ut i had 2 black yamahas and they looked like crap after a year but the finish wasnt as nce as the R plastic, they look so sick black i could not resist buying some balck for it

4StrokeNewbee
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Get the black!!! right when you get it buy graphics for it and your problems are solved. I have a black 05' trx450r and i have no regrets

copter
01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
no regrets here either

Karizz
01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Black shows scratches but it does look mean ...dont it?

PADZZ
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
That is nice. I think the black would look cool with a yellow or red HMF pipe. :eek2:
This is a tough decision. I don't want to turn this into another 450R vs. YFZ thread, but that's what I'm down to. :mad: :mad:

IMCanadian
01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by PADZZ
That is nice. I think the black would look cool with a yellow or red HMF pipe. :eek2:
This is a tough decision. I don't want to turn this into another 450R vs. YFZ thread, but that's what I'm down to. :mad: :mad:

This is a nice looking black (and yellow) bike also. Too bad its a Yamaha ;-)

I really love the coloring on this bike but the YFZ didn't fit me right and I'm loving my 450R so its all good.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/500/05_yfz450_ylw_3_3172.jpg

TrX450rKiD
01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
I love the black plastics too man! I am gonna get some once ServiceHonda has them in, even though they do scratch up pretty bad .. you gotta take the bad with the good, right? But, I'm gonna put some Adapt graphics on before I even ride it, so that will cover the majority of the plastics .. I hope!

BTW .. does anyone else think that YFZ looks sorta like a bee?

-The Kid-

hapychap
01-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by PADZZ

:muscle: You could never go wrong with a Honda!!!!!! :muscle:

4LEAFCLOVER
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Well I love my black plastics but I don't ride that much in the woods where it can get scratched. I just bought a graphics kit for mine also so hopefully that prolongs my plastics a little longer. But black does show scratches alot easier than the red does but I have NO regrets because mine matches my 03 Nissan Frontier. Two black rides can't beat it. Whatever you choose I hope you are happy. Nice Riding!!!!