PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Quad ???

markvette
01-04-2005, 03:20 PM
need some answers on shipping a quad. the buyer and i have come to terms and found a shipping company. now the problem is payment, how do we do this and protect each other, 2 views here, he pays up front and i dont ship, i ship before payment and then he dont pay after getting the quad, how can we do this to protect both of us.

Mark

TheFontMaster
01-04-2005, 03:49 PM
When I sold my 300ex I wouldn't ship it untill I had all the money. Basicaly it's faith in the buyer/seller. If you trust him ship it before it's paid in full, its up to you.

stocktires
01-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Mark,
When I bought wheels for my old trucks (22" with tires), I paid him 1/3 of the money upfront, and the other 2/3's was C.O.D. It worked out great becuase I wasn't as nervous about sending him only 1/3 of the money and he wasn't nervous to ship becuase he already had money to cover his shipping cost plus a little extra in case I was to back out on him. Good luck selling the EX

markvette
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
we made a deal to meet half way. he will give me half what it cost to ship it to cover my gas and expenses. so looks like i got a road trip half way to new york. anyone got a yfz for sale up virginia way. i will have cash after delivery of this quad.

Mark