PDA

View Full Version : 450R Shock rebuild Seems like a SWEET Deal!

hondaatvrider
01-04-2005, 12:58 PM
I see that derisi racing is having a sale on their website or something on their honda 450r suspension work.. has anyone done and dealings with them? If so how was it? It says that you get triple rate springs on the front and dual rate on the rear revalved and a longtravel linkage too? Does the linkage make a big difference?
they are showing everything for a total of $725!!!

Let me know what everone thinks about this b/c i am new to all of this and i need a little help.

Thanks.

kazpr
01-04-2005, 01:00 PM
ya there is another post about this. Seems there are 3 or 4 companies aggresively going after this business.
1) Derisi
2) GtThunder
3) Site sponsor C&D racing.
A few people from here have gone with the C&D and have great reviews of them. Derisis looks alot like the C&D's with a long travel linkage.

hondaatvrider
01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
i bet that long travel linkage helps a lot. I know that there seems to be a lot of kicking in the back of my quad. I think i am going to try the package deal that derisi has...

jdwxv3
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I would check C&D first. They have great prices and they are the site sponser.:D

Wayne64SS
01-04-2005, 03:14 PM
if i do it i think im gonna go gt thunder .... he does all three for $600. cant go wrong there. not to mention all teh experience they have over there. Its def between them and c & d for me cause i've never heard of derisi!!!!

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 03:14 PM
oine thing about C&D is colby rides/races 450r and has alot of seat time / R&D time to know what it needs to build it to psecs better, this is a main reaosn i went with C&D, that and their great service

the Z Man
01-04-2005, 03:19 PM
C and D, definitly, Email me for pics of mine,, bobcztrojo@aol.com

kazpr
01-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
oine thing about C&D is colby rides/races 450r and has alot of seat time / R&D time to know what it needs to build it to psecs better, this is a main reaosn i went with C&D, that and their great service
Ya true that :)

But derisi is not just a no namer. He happens to be a top rider and rumored to be a top suspension guy also :)

My guess is from pics is the exact same parts that Colby is using other than the link. Colby says one is not needed after the reworks.

Dave400ex
01-04-2005, 03:33 PM
DeRisi is one of the best with suspension. I think I would be choosing between him or GT Thunder. Santo knows a lot more then most. For XC he is the way to go...

kazpr
01-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I have emailed santo with a few questions. Once I get in touch with him I will send him my shocks and get this upgrade done.

hondaatvrider
01-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Well from what i understand if you want to talk about experiance....... derisi has been a top national pro rider for some years now. To me that means a lot in itself!

chris450R
01-04-2005, 04:36 PM
i am having C&D do my shocks as we speak, well not right this second they are closed now but that are revalving and respringing my shocks. front zps triple rate and rear dual rate all with tcs springs, mx setup. the total cost is $550 and an extra $65 for an extra 1"(i think)of travel out of the rear shock. i have heard very good things about this setup and i trust C&D with their work. JMO, chris

450r#221
01-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Mine are off to DeRisi:macho

Pappy
01-04-2005, 04:52 PM
i have a set of shocks at both de risi and at c&d.....

i wonder if this will make me the definitive answer on what is what and not just speculation:cool:

WhiteZee
01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
i think i would still rather have the gt thunder setup, since he does suspension work for ballance, borich, ect. i would think that is a little more important then just having someone who rides a 450r do it.

Wingnut
01-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I've been dealing with Santo (DeRisi Racing) ever since I started racing and never had a single problem. He revalved the rear on my 400 and it made a huge improvement. He definately knows his stuff, and he's a great guy too.

hondaatvrider
01-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
i think i would still rather have the gt thunder setup, since he does suspension work for ballance, borich, ect. i would think that is a little more important then just having someone who rides a 450r do it.

Seems like derisi is not only a top gncc pro but he does the shock work himself too.......I don't know just from what all i have read from all the different forums derisi seems to know what he is doing. I would rather pay a bit more and get work done by a professional racer himself.

IMO

Hondaatvrider

beak7707
01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
My rear shock is on its way to GT thunder right now. I chose them because I have not heard anything bad about his setup. Laz knows whats going on with the 450r rear and his setup is supposed to be top notch. And hell for $250 you can beat it. I would think derisi would be a good choice also. I'm just glad honda and other companies are producing stock shocks that can have this type of service no matter who performs it. No matter who you go with it will be a big improvement over stock and you will save some serious change.

528ATVRacewear
01-05-2005, 06:21 AM
I have had work done from Derisi before and I was very impressed. I will be sending him my TRX450R shocks very soon.

400exvet
01-05-2005, 07:01 AM
I just got my rear shock re-valved by GTThunder and added their XC link. WOW what a difference, it helped with the bucking and just rode alot smoother in general! He actually went out of his way to get me the set-up in time for a race, even though I sent it to him around the holidays. I still have my stock fronts with all the preload out and he set up the rear to match that. I am not really able to lower the rear as much as possible due to the fronts but it still works great and I was able to ride a little faster than normal and definately did not feel as much pain after racing. I am still not sure what to do in the front. GTThunder does a progressive spring and re-valve, while others do a triple spring with ZPS??????decisions decisions

redrunner
01-06-2005, 08:30 PM
To have 3 top notch companies and people to choose from, all do great work, well respected and willing to go the extra mile for all of us.
I am most impressed with the overwhelming support offered.;)

My 05 z's are at C&D right now.