View Full Version : raced my friends raptor

MY450R
01-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:46 pm Post subject: raced a raptor

well this past weekend my bud and i raced like 25 times.there was about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground and we raced 6 acres down and 6 acres back side by side
it was so fun i was on my 450r with my stock tires on he was racing razr2's front and rear
so we would start at the top of the field from a stand still .he would usually get me on the talke off and then id go screamin by him by the time we gotr to the end
i have to admit he got me by a c.nt hair a couple times because i would just sit there and spin on take off.it was a lot of fun .then we traded(he on my 450 and me on his raptor) and i beat him a few times cause he wasnt used to the starts.
all in all we were sweating to death by the time we were finished
oh yeah he has a full exhaust(lrd) AND I HAVE A FULL EXHAUST AS WELL
i was impressed with the power of the raptor but more so with the power of the R

i love my R
you could definatly tell the weight difference between the two machines.after riding his for a while mine felt like a little dinky mini quad with a hyabusa engine in it

ive raced him many many times on the road but i like it better in the snow because hes a little more competition

FasstMidnightZ
01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
nice i thought the raptor would be faster on top, get some tires jet kit and air filter then race him

MY450R
01-04-2005, 12:02 PM
well we were spining up to fourth gear so it made it much more interesting to do because the outcome would change depending on how well you could get out of the hole

Scott-300ex
01-04-2005, 12:41 PM
get paddles:D

MY450R
01-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
get paddles:D
actually thats what i want to get
but actually spider tracs or mudlites or whatever they are

raptorrider
01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Do the same without snow, I bet you will find the Raptor comes out ahead!!

Ive never been more impressed with a stock tire, like what came on my Raptor and the 450R's, in the snow. My Razrs wernt worth a dime compared to the stockers IMO.

MY450R
01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
read the last part of my post again
i totally wipe the floor with the rappy on blacktop!

Scott-300ex
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah man, i was ganna say a 450R would kill a raptor

sportraxkid
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
The 450r should kill it!
most raptor riders are all talk :o

bansheeguy77
01-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid

most raptor riders are all talk :o

that they are. i remember a few raptors talkin s**t on me sayin they would stomp my banshee. this was when raptors just came out he had a nice purty l.e black one. we lined up and the first time i got him out of the hole so bad i let off before i hit 4th cause he was so far behind...then shot him with a nice faceful of rocks when he cought back up. of course it was traction that time. so 2nd time i waited til he took off so it would be a lil challenging. then i screamed by him shiftin to 3rd. after that he disapeared and i never seen him again ahahhaha. those were the days :scary:

MY450R
01-05-2005, 10:56 AM
i mean yeah raptors are fast but the 450's they have now are just like dirt bikes with 4 wheels
i raced him on my z400 and the ex and he beat me pretty good and i remember he was there when i took the 450 off the truck from the dealer.as soon as i started it up for the first time we lined them up
well i wasnt so sure id win because he has a piped and jetted rappy but sure enough we were even thru 3 gears and when i went to 4th i pulled right away not by much though
now with the pipe and chit he doesnt stand a chance
well now my other buddy with his banshee wants to race me
i definatly will race him and im thinking i will win but i really dont know
what do you guys think??
i raced one buddy with a shee and won but this one is even better
when i raced the othetr one it was real close but i dontt know aboput this one

01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
this kid I knows thinks his piped & jetted craptor (with a lowering kit) is lightning fast and will kill anything so I asked him if he wanted to put $50 on racing me & I told him I had a 450.....he asked why even bother because his is a 660cc....he coming over sometime this week. we are going to drag race on blacktop

raptorrider
01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Well, I know my Raptor (Alba pipe, properly jetted, WB filter and 1 tooth gearing change) took my friends 450R (Sparks pipe and jetting) in a drag. It wont touch his R now, since he has gone to the HRC cam and FCR carb. I know my Blaze will take it though. His new R may be a different story, since Mark Baldwin is building the motor. But I know it doesnt matter, since nothing can beat a Honda, right?

MY450R
01-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
this kid I knows thinks his piped & jetted craptor (with a lowering kit) is lightning fast and will kill anything so I asked him if he wanted to put $50 on racing me & I told him I had a 450.....he asked why even bother because his is a 660cc....he coming over sometime this week. we are going to drag race on blacktop
YOU WILL WIN but id lose the first one on purpose And them have him put up the 50 bucks
hustle his ***

01-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
YOU WILL WIN but id lose the first one on purpose And them have him put up the 50 bucks
hustle his *** great..i might raise the bet a little :devil:

brian-250
01-07-2005, 12:58 PM
WTF does a pipe and jet kit have to do with speed?:huh

i know a kid who thinks his cousin's bored out piped and jetted raptor will run 155.:rolleyes: no cam or nothing just a bore and a slip on.

01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by brian-250

there is a difference between TOP speed and SPEED itself...with a pipe and jet kit he will get to his TOP speed faster then with a stock pipe....learned something new there didnt ya ;)

Needa450
01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
but the 450's they have now are just like dirt bikes with 4 wheels

Umm no.:rolleyes:

My YZ 250 walks all over my friends YFZ 450s and 450R's.

Now the 450 dirtbike is a real challenge for me cause its pumping out like 4 more horses than 250 2 stroke, but quads, no problem.

And about Raptor's and 450's. Well most people think its all about displacement, when really its effiency when its comes to motors. So most Raptor owners, me included, when the 450's came out I thought I would put a whippin' on them, but to my suprise, there fast.

I have never lost to a 450 yet, with either my Raptor or 250. Now keep in mind Ive only raced piped and jetted 450's.

My Raptor has Curtis Sparks Exhuast, Hot Cam, K&N, and no lid. (jetted to of course)
YZ 250 is all stock

brian-250
01-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
there is a difference between TOP speed and SPEED itself...with a pipe and jet kit he will get to his TOP speed faster then with a stock pipe....learned something new there didnt ya ;)

no, i knew it helped get it there faster, but what i dont get is why the kids and all think it makes then run 100mph.:confused:

01-07-2005, 03:52 PM
no, i knew it helped get it there faster, but what i dont get is why the kids and all think it makes then run 100mph.:confused: my friend has a recon and bought a supercrapp for his and said after he ran it and his other friend on his foreman with a speedometer clocked him that he gained 10mph top speed with a pipe..i told him you didnt gain any and he swears he did so my friend on his rancher went out and bought a t4 and said the same thing....kids today on their utilitys :rolleyes:

khen
01-07-2005, 04:16 PM
You could gain a certain amount of top speed with a pipe if you couldn't pull the top gear all the way before, do to a lack of power. But, once you have the power to hit the rev limiter in your top gear it is the fastest you can go without changing the gear ratio/tire size or rev limiter.

400exdad
01-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Most of this thead reminds me why I love the woods!

Dragracing in a field really means nothing except who has the most power.... or who bought the newest, most bestest :D out there. Racing with a clock and lights kind of separates the men from the boys because theres skill involved cutting a good light... in other words, he who launches before the green... or in other words, cheats, well he loses! Instantly.

Ahh, the woods. Here is where real rider finesse, strength and stamina come into play. This is where my son, on a Lt80, has whipped a Raptor. :devil:

MotoX3
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
i mean yeah raptors are fast but the 450's they have now are just like dirt bikes with 4 wheels
im also going to call nay on this one....ive seen 450 bikes eat the quads alive....have you ever seen one in action....amazing power...i got a little close to ones roost on a track and had brusises on my chest for a month....in other words...they got power:eek2:

Scott-300ex
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM

i know a kid who thinks his cousin's bored out piped and jetted raptor will run 155.:rolleyes: no cam or nothing just a bore and a slip on.

dude, im with ya, i know you knew what you meant about speed and a lot of people think a pipe will make you have a higher top speed but it dont, i knew you knew that not what the other guy said

ALSO, my friends brother has a raptor and we were talking about quads one night, and he comes over and says "MY BROTHERS RAPTOR WILL GO OVER 100MPH, ALL STOCK RAPTORS DO OVER 100MPH EASY"
i just lmao at him for like 7 minutes and then walked away

kids are so stupid

then my cousin said stock predators will do 90-95, i'm like, your stupid, cause they only do like 72

so, people are stupid

oh yeah, i forgot to tell you guys, i got my 300ex up to 367mph last weekend. It was awsome.:ermm:

brian-250
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to tell you guys, i got my 300ex up to 367mph last weekend. It was awsome.:ermm: [/B]

F that i had my 452 crankin 120HP and doin 403MPH yesterday.:blah:

Cody_300ex
01-07-2005, 05:22 PM
on yea my 300 is runn 380 even man its so ****in awesome, like some ones will run 300 but mine got a wing, neons, 20's and a bodykit so it runs 380.:o