PDA

View Full Version : jetting

Foxracer37
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
When you Jet your quad after putting exhaust on it do you just replace one jet? or all of them? And does anyone have any experience with the dial-a-jet kit for polaris trialblazer 250 .. > http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Machine_Details.atv?pid=00046268&cat=INTA&type=INTAKE&name=Thunder+Products+Dial%2DA%2DJet&make=POLARIS&model=TRAIL+BLAZER+250&year=2004&status= Would that be easy to install? and it says i need a snorkal.. would i accually have to have one? or is that for a diffrent model? And does anyone have any experience with chain tensioners? are they worth getting?

zlam27
01-04-2005, 11:27 PM
when you add a pipe or whatever, you will need to change a few things on the carb.

you will almost always change the main jet, and possibly the pilot jet. you may have to also adjust the air/fuel screw and the jet needle. its almost a science, but with a little practice it can be done.

i have thought about the dial-a-jet for my 400ex because it says it improves throttle response and i wouldnt have to re-jet for the winter/summer months. i doubt ill buy one, but it sounds like a decent product. dirtwheels tested it a month or 2 ago and i think they liked it.

what kind of chain tensioner? i know the amp-link is crap. some will swear by it and im sure it does do something, but it just doesnt seem worth $125 or whatever. the one that used to be on my banshee was a piece of junk. the bearings went out and it started wearing out the chain. it sounds like a good idea, but i dont think its worth the $$.

zach