PDA

View Full Version : Graphic kit installation

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Just need to know if they are hard to install on a quad. I ordered a custon graphic kit for my 450R and I'm going to be installing it myself, just wanted to know if they are hard or fairly easy to install. Any help on how to do it would greatly be appreciated.

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 08:43 AM
failry easy you ill get better as time goes by
1st take your time you want it to line up the same on both sides, and if you got a matching seat cover hold up the vinyl before you peel; off the backing and see if it all lines up the way u want, when putting it on we always spayed a little soap/water mix very lightly on the quad before sticking on the vinyl so u can move it around some if needed, it will dry in place and be fine , just a light spry you dont want it soaking wet

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Hey thanks alot man. I didn't get a seat cover with the kit but I will be looking for one here in the near future.

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey there Brandon Peake, How do you like your slip-on exhaust on your bike. I've been thinking of getting a exhaust but can't make up my mind between the Dr.D slip-on or the Curtis Sparks full exhaust. I'm looking for the most top-end on my bike but can't make my mind up between the two. I already have the HRC kit. Any ideas?

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 09:52 AM
i got a full system i just kept the stock heat shield on the after market header, if you want top end the full system would be the better way to go, for mid to low id get a GT Thunder slip on, the sparks is a great pipe and C&D Could give u a great price on it im sure thats what colby runs on his 450r

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Hey thanks alot for the info on the exhaust. So that heat shield should work on a after market header pipe? Oh'yeah I heard that Curtis Sparks exhaust was really loud. Have you ever heard one in person before? Is it really loud as everyone say it is?

Jersey450R
01-04-2005, 12:04 PM
its pretty loud but not nearly as loud as the TC

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah the heatshield will work on whatever pipe, the sparks is louder than the hmf i run, havent heard a tc but everyone says its really loud, sparks is supposed to be working o a quiet core but one of his sponsored riders told me it robbed alot of the power, so i ll have to wait on that one and see how it turns out

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey fellas thanks alot for the replies on the subject.

Got nads?
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I reccommend using a hair dryer to heat the graphics that are going on the tank to make them more plyable and soft. It just makes them easier to work with and easier to get all the bubbles out

4LEAFCLOVER
01-04-2005, 08:27 PM
So you are saying heat the graphics up before applying them to the gas tank area with a hair dryer. Then spray the plastics with soapy water to apply them and then squeegy the excess water and soap out from under the plastic.

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah u squegy the water out when done but i never used a hair dryer, u could i guess but i have not

beak7707
01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Just take your time, its a slow process. What everybody else has already mentioned is the way to do it.

Got nads?
01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I never used the the water method with the hair dryer, each to their own I guess!!
Oh yeah I only did this on the tank, because of all its curves and angles.:)