PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on this PLEASE!!

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Ok well here's the deal, my nephew & another kid are TIED for points for 3rd place in our flattrack series right now, this weekend is the awards ect. our series only gives trophies to the top 3 finishers. Parents/sponsors ect can buy 4th-6th or whatever.

So I have the points sheets cuz I'm doing thier website, I find a mistake on Justins points, they had him as NOT racing one night but he did, what they did was put the points under MY sons name for some reason anyway so my brother calls the people that put the races on & they say they are giving 3rd place to the other kid cuz "he did better" :huh :huh :huh well they based that on the last race, which they came over the finish line pretty much neck n neck but the other kid got it by a couple inches!! Now I went thru & checked the stats for each night & if you go by that my nephew had more top finishes than the kid?????

I guess what I'm asking is what do they do w/ your series if someone is tied for the podium spot??????????? We think it would make sense to give the BOTH the 3rd place are we thinking wrong?? My brother even offered to PAY for the other 3rd trophy BUT they said NO!!! Let me know what you guys think or your promoters do in a situation like this PLEASE!!

I posted this in the racing section too but this one gets more views!! :)

KFX21
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
If they are tied, then they both should split the 3rd place points.
If they don't split between them then it may leave a "sour" taste
in your nephews mouth. He may feel that he rode his arse off for nothing. Which in return may make him dislike racing, i hope it all
goes well.

JTRtrx250r
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Ok well here's the deal, my nephew & another kid are TIED for points for 3rd place in our flattrack series right now, this weekend is the awards ect. our series only gives trophies to the top 3 finishers. Parents/sponsors ect can buy 4th-6th or whatever.

So I have the points sheets cuz I'm doing thier website, I find a mistake on Justins points, they had him as NOT racing one night but he did, what they did was put the points under MY sons name for some reason anyway so my brother calls the people that put the races on & they say they are giving 3rd place to the other kid cuz "he did better" :huh :huh :huh well they based that on the last race, which they came over the finish line pretty much neck n neck but the other kid got it by a couple inches!! Now I went thru & checked the stats for each night & if you go by that my nephew had more top finishes than the kid?????

I guess what I'm asking is what do they do w/ your series if someone is tied for the podium spot??????????? We think it would make sense to give the BOTH the 3rd place are we thinking wrong?? My brother even offered to PAY for the other 3rd trophy BUT they said NO!!! Let me know what you guys think or your promoters do in a situation like this PLEASE!!

I posted this in the racing section too but this one gets more views!! :) That happened to me 2 yrs in a row...exactly WHY I dont race there, I won 21 of the 24 races entered(including heats)..almost a perfect season, and they busted out w/ that BS to me. Then the whole idea of BUYING your position trophy:huh I mean WTF...If I didnt earn it...paying for dont justify it for me( altho I do agree w/ doing it for the kids, they deserve it for being there;) , But when you know damn well what happened all season..and so does everyone else in the class...and you have the points sheet w/ the proof right on it..it just dont seem right. its all about the $$ to them, and they REALLY need score keepers that can stay on top of the game!...or dont do it

my next season was pretty much the same, and they went w/ heat race points to decide:rolleyes: lol....Oooooooo K

sorry to rant...
Good Luck w/ that sitch!:( :grr:

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah it really irritates me the more I think about it :mad: GRRRRR Just might have to find a different series to run in the winter or just save the $$ & run the outdoor tracks!! This isn't the 1st time he's been screwed :rolleyes: either, it is ALOT of BS!!!! I don't hink they even offered to check heat points who knows all I know is it really is a bummer, if it was adults maybe a different story but come on these kids are riding there azzes off for a stupid plastic trophy!!

HtFoxChick
01-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Just my opinion...if they tied for points, which they did, I'd consider who had the highest number of first places.( To break the tie.) Otherwise, get another 3rd place trophy.

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Ok here I am goning to post each of thier points, no names just too see what you guys think!! The letters are the main they made,place they came in & points are in ()

A/2(15) A/6(8) A/4(10) A/3(11) a/4(18) B/2(5)

A/3(14) A/3(11) A/5(9) A/6(8) A/5(14) A/4(9)

Scott-300ex
01-04-2005, 12:35 PM
yeah, the top guy should have won.

if i were you, i would tell them they aren't tied and fight your arse up there and if not, when they give the the trophy's away and stuff i would walk up there when they give the 3rd place thing out and tell the audience what all happened, and just grab the mic and say your sons name and have him come up, and tell the audience what they did by not lettin him in on it, so they all know and your son will get recognized.

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok well after the last race, I forgot to add those results, the top one got 20 points & bottom got 22!! soooo yeah I think I may have to step up & say something to them, it's not my son BUT IT IS my nephew & he sure doesn't deserve "4th" place :huh :huh after SCORING 3rd!!!!!!! Thanks for the replies maybe I'll print this page out & show them this, so they don't think we are whining!!

wilkin250r
01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
So I have the points sheets cuz I'm doing thier website, I find a mistake on Justins points, they had him as NOT racing one night but he did, what they did was put the points under MY sons name for some reason

I'm not sure I understand this fully? Is Justin your nephew? He's tied for third, and there is a mistake that can only ADD points?

I see only two options. The first, focus on the mistake in points. If he is listed as not racing, when in fact he DID race, then that can only add to his points. Especially if he's never finished out of top ten, never finished a race without points. You'll need proof, though.

Second, just a sad lesson in life. Teach your nephew that sometimes life isn't fair, and even if you're tied, you don't always get everything handed to you. A choice had to be made, and he wasn't it, and "we'll get 'em next year".

hootie
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
the gncc breaks ties by most wins, then if they have the same about of wins, they see who had the most seconds. and so on.

250xridamatt
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
so the top kid would win by gncc rules?

Scott-300ex
01-04-2005, 05:19 PM
if you print this to those guys i just want to tell them that they have to grow up

how old is your nephew and what does he ride?

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
if you print this to those guys i just want to tell them that they have to grow up

how old is your nephew and what does he ride?

He's 15 & rides a 250R :)

Scott-300ex
01-07-2005, 05:49 PM
OMG CAN I HAVE THE 250R?

dirtmomma
01-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
OMG CAN I HAVE THE 250R?

LOL yeah me too :) it's anice one, well doesn't look the best after a wipe out but IT'S FAASSTTTTT

Tommy 17
01-08-2005, 10:37 AM
i say the top kid should win it... he has 2 second places when the other kid don't have any...

that and i'd protest the the missing points...

j.w. but how high up in the series is the other kids family members... they the president of it haha:p :o

SRH
01-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i say the top kid should win it... he has 2 second places when the other kid don't have any...

that and i'd protest the the missing points...

j.w. but how high up in the series is the other kids family members... they the president of it haha:p :o

i agree with this guy

Scott-300ex
01-08-2005, 10:07 PM
president....................................lol

can i see some pictures of the 250r? and the list of mods and if he wants to sell it i would buy it

If anybody wants to sell an r, talk to me

dirtmomma
01-09-2005, 11:13 AM
WEll my nephew got 4th :( overall last night :rolleyes: bunch of crap but as for hte other kids family, well YES they have been racing there longer than Justin, unfortunetly there are politics out there, & it irritates us every year!! Chit happens :(

As for him selling the R LMAO YEAH RIGHT!! ;) NOPE not for sale, that was his Dad's he's been riding cuz his R is in the middle of a rebuild :devil:

My boy did make the podium, 3rd overall for the season in the 450 open class :macho :blah: He took his blaster out last night & raced it for fun & did GREAT for not having ANY brakes :o he took home a 2nd place, the kid that got 1st they have been racing for the last 4 yrs together & he said DJ was the best competition ALL year last night LOL, thats pretty funny, DJ was ALL OVER him :D

dirtmomma
01-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Here's a pic of Dad's ;) as for mods I think it's a 330, I know it has a ton of ESR mods along w/ an ESR shorty pipe ect. :D All I know is I rode this thing last night on the track & HOLY HELL HANG ON SISTER!!:eek: :eek2: I will have to say it scared me a little, it has a twist throttle & I hit it & thought it was gonna go in the wall :eek2: so I said oh enough of that, I'll stick to the 450 thumper ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pc5865eab41e4fa33d18c518e28aec3bb/f998868f.jpg