PDA

View Full Version : How does this work @ your races???????

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Ok well here's the deal, my nephew & another kid are TIED for points for 3rd place in our flattrack series right now, this weekend is the awards ect. our series only gives trophies to the top 3 finishers. Parents/sponsors ect can buy 4th-6th or whatever.

So I have the points sheets cuz I'm doing thier website, I find a mistake on Justins points, they had him as NOT racing one night but he did, what they did was put the points under MY sons name for some reason anyway so my brother calls the people that put the races on & they say they are giving 3rd place to the other kid cuz "he did better" :huh :huh :huh well they based that on the last race, which they came over the finish line pretty much neck n neck but the other kid got it by a couple inches!! Now I went thru & checked the stats for each night & if you go by that my nephew had more top finishes than the kid?????

I guess what I'm asking is what do they do w/ your series if someone is tied for the podium spot??????????? We think it would make sense to give the BOTH the 3rd place are we thinking wrong?? My brother even offered to PAY for the other 3rd trophy BUT they said NO!!! Let me know what you guys think or your promoters do in a situation like this PLEASE!!

quadrcr161
01-04-2005, 08:32 AM
with the points championship we run at work, if someone is tied points wise, we look at the finishes. who has more wins, if thats ties, we look at who had more 2nd place finishes, if they are tied we go to 3rd place finishes untill the tie is broken. that way you can see who had the better season and who should be ahead.

dirtmomma
01-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
with the points championship we run at work, if someone is tied points wise, we look at the finishes. who has more wins, if thats ties, we look at who had more 2nd place finishes, if they are tied we go to 3rd place finishes untill the tie is broken. that way you can see who had the better season and who should be ahead.

See thats what I think too, & from what I can see my nephew did better, & it's not becuz he's my nephew, I would be doing this for any kid in the situation!!

Bergy
01-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Our series would be the same way. Tie for points would go to who had more overall wins. If a tie on wins then it'd go to who had more overall 2nd places, etc.

Good luck with your promoter, we are very lucky where we have a racing organization ran by racers. That makes very rarely any problems.

tprender
01-04-2005, 05:45 PM
If there is a tie in points at the end of the year. What you do is go back and see who had more 1st place points, then 2nd , and so on down to the last race of the year if they are still tied. Thhen if it is still tied, then who did the best at the last race of the year. Just like if a person is tied in points after both motos, who finished better in the 2nd moto is what breaks the tie.
If there is a scoring mistake, you should have called attention to this mistake before the banquet if you had access to the scores before hand. It is kind of like the 30 minute protest period at the end of a race. If you wait to the next day or even that night an notice a mistake it is too late.
This is the way that most places do scoring.