PDA

View Full Version : which atv to get?

Golden Joker
01-03-2005, 10:05 PM
hi everyone, :)

This summer I will be getting a new atv becuase I will start racing mx for the first time during the summer. Right now I have a modded blaster, but I just don't think it will keep up becuase my local track doesnt have a 200 class. I think it just has like open a, open b etc...

Right now, I'am leaning towards the yfz450 or 250r. Lol everytime I see one of the atvs, thats the kind I want, like if I see a 250r I want a 250r and vice versa.

If I got a 250r it would be highly modded and would get it for a cheaper price then a stock yfz, but if i got a yfz, it would probably be stock and I would have to buy all the mods.

Please tell me all the pluses and negatives to each and which one you think would be better for me

(if it would change your mind in which atv you think would be better for me, I've been riding for almost 8 years and am tall)

thx! :)

4TraxRider
01-04-2005, 01:37 PM
R's are getting old fast, and realy, if your starting out, a bone stock YFZ with a slip-on is more than enough to win any race. Stock ones at district 34 are running top spots in the B class with only pipes and tires, and our #1 class A guy got beat this year by one a few times and he rides a full Walsch yzf450 conversion. Go for the YFZ!

Shocka400ex
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Stick with the Honda. If I did it all over again I would have gotten the 450r.
Don't get me wrong, I love my YFZ, I'm just sick of the whole electrical BS. Going to completly eliminate the whole electrical system and install a kicker. This Sh$^s getting expensive!!!
Well Hopefully they've fixed these problems on the 05's
Good Luck!