PDA

View Full Version : Which Atv to get?

Golden Joker
01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
hi everyone,

This summer I will be getting a new atv becuase I will start racing mx for the first time during the summer. Right now I have a modded blaster, but I just don't think it will keep up becuase my local track doesnt have a 200 class. I think it just has like open a, open b etc...

Right now, I'am leaning towards the yfz450 or 250r or Crf450 hybrid. Lol everytime I see one of the atvs, thats the kind I want, like if I see a 250r I want a 250r instead of the other two and vice versa.

(I would pry build a crf instead of buying one)

Please tell me all the pluses and negatives to each and which one you think would be better for me

(if it would change your mind in which atv you think would be better for me, I've been riding for almost 8 years and am tall)

thx! :)

racerx573
01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I upgraded from a Blaster to an R back in the day...

I would recommend that transition for you as well...

My reasoning??

You can get a decked to the bones 250R these days for 5 or 6 grand. I am talkin aftermarket frame, powervalve and all. Just check ebay and like ********.com

Parts are readily available still, and used parts are dirt cheap nowadays. The R will not slow you down one bit. And since you're used to a 2-stroke from the Blaster, you may feel a bit more comfortable with a 250R. Just remember who was #1 the last year of the 250 Pro Class, and what he was on.. Jeremiah Jones, on a 250R.

MyKe2g3
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Get the 250R youll never be satisfied with another quad until you own one. People still respect the R even though its almost 20 years old in quad version as well as the 20 year old plus trike. My engine is an 85 and still strong. If you thought your blaster was fun then check out an R you will not be disappointed. Going from a blaster to an R is like going from 4cylinders to a v8 its unreal.