PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

300exPat
01-03-2005, 07:50 PM
alright im turning 16 thursday and im starting to think about cars, my friends bro has a 94 mustang gt for 2000$ but it needs a new tranny

do you think i should think about buyin it? its automatic and my grandpas a mechanic so i was thinking he could probably help me put in a manual trans, right now i have a old beamer that i could sell to make the money i need for the car then i have a couple hundred to buy the tranny and maybe some extras

what do you think?

sloppyjoe
01-03-2005, 08:35 PM
i like stangs! you prolly want to stay wth the auto tranny if thats what it already has. good luck!

bama400ex
01-03-2005, 08:54 PM
$2000 sounds pretty good even if its been beat on. it probally has. it would probally be a good chance learing on how to work on cars. if thats what your looking for buy it. but dont get upset if something breaks. it sucks when your 16 and want a fast car, but your cash flow cant keep up with the broke parts. ive been there and it aint fun. if you want to hot rod it thats cool but i would have other ways of getting around to. buy a pos truck for $500. never ever count on a hot rod as being the only way you have of getting around. you can make fast cars pretty reliable but it costs $$$$$.

Butters
01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah i would go with the mustang. they are easy to work on there are lots of parts and once you get it running and driveable you won't be disappointed.

Tommy 17
01-03-2005, 08:58 PM
just remember insurance... have fun tryin to pay for that...

LazeR
01-03-2005, 10:37 PM
also the auto ---> manual conversion is a lot harder then the manual ---> auto conversion!

nosliw
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
also the auto ---> manual conversion is a lot harder then the manual ---> auto conversion!

definately. i'd stick with the auto. or if you want a standard go buy one that already has it.

DillonTMNT
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
wasnt 1994 the only year for the 5.0 being put in the newer style bodies? Jump on it dude. I am not a mustang fan but if I was that would be a cool car.

-Dillon