PDA

View Full Version : Home from camp with BLUE ....z

knighttime
09-04-2001, 10:31 PM
pipeZ. My powerbo.. header is kinda blue in the area between the engine and bomb. The rest is a nice golden brown. All I know is the quad starts easily with no choke needed. I have the screw out 2 1/4 turns. The needle is stock and so is the position. I think I'm runnin lean when I give it a lotta gas and go out roostin. I have the below mods. Wasssuuupppppppp?

mike

09-05-2001, 09:12 AM
Send me that hydralic clutch and I'll tell ya what the problem is...:D
Actually dude mines the same way and I don't know why,,,my bike runs like a champ from starting it up to winding it out in 4th gear no problems anywere. I don't know if it's just the metal they use in the pipe or what. I did notice that once I cleaned the pipe real good most of the blueish color went away,,kinda like something was getting on the pipe to make it this way. I covered up 1 of the 7,,,,,,,2 inch holes in my lid to make up a little difference in the amount of air it takes in. I'm not really gonna worry about mine cuz it's taken it like 8 months to get that way...all of the pipe is pretty much that golden brown except for just a little before the bong.;) like you metioned.
I'm just gonna leave it the way it is now and let Ken and Rocky Ridge Racing fool with all the new jet settings when I have him put in my new cam, 416 piston, and have the head ported,,,he can deal with it and I'll run it however he jets it and not worry about it...
Honestly,,,,, I don't think theres no way around having a little bit of blue tint to a stainless steel headerpipe...I've looked at pro's header pipes at races and most of them have a blue tint to their pipes also and they have highly experienced mechanics so,,,I think were OK,,,later dude..

knighttime
09-05-2001, 09:21 AM
thanks

rhino99
09-05-2001, 10:42 AM
I had an FMF pipe and silencer on a 300ex and it did the same thing with the stainless header.

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 02:58 AM
UHHH DID YOU SAY- ((BONG))

HUHH HUHH?! HUHH HUHH?!:blah :macho :D :cool: