PDA

View Full Version : modded airbox question

brian400ex
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
I am going to make a similar airbox cover like EHSracing.com and i need to know where i can get the outerwear material? Is the cheapest way to buy the outerwears kit the one with velcro on it?

cals400ex
01-03-2005, 01:50 PM
i would bet that is your cheapest way. actually, i have one that i don't use and i will sell you the outerwear portion for $15 shipped if your interested.

zlam27
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
i made a lid almost exactly like the EHS racing lid. i used the outerwear that you are talking about and riveted it to the lid. it looks really good, i think its at least as good as the EHS lids (but then again, i did have a metal fabricator/welder help me). i used some really thin stainless steel, but it works awesome.

it actually keeps out a lot of stuff. we went riding in the rain one day at black river falls (i dont mean a light rain, it had been raining for weeks and it was downpouring) and i only had to drain the little plug a few times. the box wasnt full, it was just the plug, but it did as good or better than i expected.

zach

red2004 TRX450R
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
What I did on my 450r was cut the lid like the HRC lid and I made a better baffle plate then in the HRC kit.
Then I took an outerwear air box cover and put it over the lid and then put the lid on.
Works great!!!

The 450r use elastic to hold it on I don’t know about the 400ex or if it will fit.

all i got the outerwear from C&D for like $20
allso u can order replacment outerwear form EHS racing!