PDA

View Full Version : calling all computer nerds....

balls2da-wall
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
I am getting ready to purchase a new computer, but I am wondering if I should build it from scratch or buy one. Which way is cheaper? I like the idea of building it myself so I can put what I want on it. Needs to have 1GB memory and a PC not a mac.

blondie69
01-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Everyone in my house (cept for the lap top) is built. Personally I find it cheeper, and you get what you want. (speakin of which, I'm puttin more RAM in mine today :D) Because when you buy a pre-built one...alot of times your paying for the time it took to build it and install the drivers and anything. So if you don't know how to build it, best to get a friend who know's how to do it, or get them to teach ya:)

EXRIDER400KFX
01-03-2005, 12:26 PM
absolutely build yours! you will not be nearly as happy as if you buy one. i will post a pic of my custom built one when i get home tonight.

250EXking
01-03-2005, 02:31 PM
I would most def. build one. i just spen 1500 dollars and built myself a top of the line gaming computer. you just have to have some knowledge or know someone who knows there stuff about building so you buy compatiable parts and stuff like that. but yeah build them it is way better.

thomps6s
01-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Try www.pricewatch.com for pc parts. I built a few PC's from this site.

Mxjunkie
01-03-2005, 03:14 PM
I built my own computer, gateway lazer mouse, gateway keyboard, Hp 20inch flatscreen monitor,dell comp, cambridge soundoworks speacker,cannon ip3000 printer and a hp scanner,and i also have 2 hard drives for extra storage etc, it was alot cheaper too!

lol sounds like im naming the mods like on a quad or bike..:blah:

I-7
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I got mine custom built from www.digitalstormonline.com

Their prices are great and if you don't want to go through the process of building your own, they will build one for you. I did the math and its only about 50 dollars more for them to do it for you then doing one by yourself. Mine cost around 900 and its great!

250EXking
01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by I-7
I got mine custom built from www.digitalstormonline.com

Their prices are great and if you don't want to go through the process of building your own, they will build one for you. I did the math and its only about 50 dollars more for them to do it for you then doing one by yourself. Mine cost around 900 and its great!

nice i got the same pimping case dude. nice. x-blade by a-top very nice.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I7, i was chekcing out some over to computer and they are pretty nice. The pirces are amazing. I was wondering if you were happy with your's? Im not a computer dude at all, but im in the market for one and that is one of the brands i might consider because of the accessories and customizing. Any dis likes about it?

250EXking
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
I7, i was chekcing out some over to computer and they are pretty nice. The pirces are amazing. I was wondering if you were happy with your's? Im not a computer dude at all, but im in the market for one and that is one of the brands i might consider because of the accessories and customizing. Any dis likes about it?

if you know anyone that could help you pick out parts that would be the way to go. Dell makes a decent system for the money. Depends on how much you want to spend for the preformance. If you have any questions on compatiablity of parts or anything just catch me on AIM or MSN or something, i would be more then happy to help you out with anything. this is what im in school for right now. so any questions just let me know.

I-7
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

I have no complaints at all. I was alittle worried at first but once I got it, I was more than satisfied. Everything worked great! It came with a 2 year free parts and labor waranty. Everything was put together greatly and you can tell it wasn't slapped together in 1 day. Im sure there are many great custom computer builders out there but I had nothing but great service from www.digitalstormonline.com

And I'm sure that 250exking can help you out with your parts and I can help you too if you need. Also, if you call the company up, they will work with you on getting exactly what you are wanting, and will tell you if everything will fit