PDA

View Full Version : Motor spec book 400ex & Comments about CT Racing Midrange kit

zuLi0
01-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey guys just wanted to know where the cheapest place was to get a book on the rebuilding process of a 2002 400ex. I need to know the specs like bolt torques and timing and gaps. All the stuff i need to put this bad boy back together. I just sent the top end out to ct racing for the midrange kit. cant wait.

also anyone have anything i should watch out for or do while putting this motor back together. or anything to watch for. like i said i just had the top end sent to ct racing for the 440ex midrange kid. Thanks guys

-Charlie
Charlie@DecalKreations.com

440exnacsracer
01-02-2005, 10:35 PM
i would advise getting the manual from Honda, they are around $40, but well worth it. also when you get the motor back, call CT, and ask if they have any torque specifications that should differ from honda's for the motor kit, such as for the head bolts, etc.

zuLi0
01-02-2005, 11:13 PM
different torque specs because of the 440 kit? or just an adjusted torque spec because they probably know better?

-Charlie
www.decalkreations.com
www.wickedoffensive.com

nosliw
01-02-2005, 11:15 PM
clymers are like $25 and they are good too

440exnacsracer
01-02-2005, 11:16 PM
torque specs may be different because of the 440 kit, im not sure, but i have heard of a little difference, and i would check just to be sure

440exnacsracer
01-02-2005, 11:19 PM
also, is that decal kreations your site? if so i might be interested in some striping for my truck. lmk. thanks
Ben

zuLi0
01-03-2005, 07:28 AM
alright, i'll give them a call. anyone know of a cheap place to buy that book?

yea DK is my site, what kind of striping did you have in mind?

zuLi0
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to finish the thread, got the top end back from CT Racing and damn, was it all top quality work. I was kinda hoping that they would have cleaned the aluminum up when I sent it there but aside from that major props to CT Racing. Everything went back together smooth and runs great. the MidRange kit they offer is fantastic. It is definitly a well spent $1600 in my book. just cant wait to actually get it broke in a bit so I can really romp on it!!

-Charlie

440exnacsracer
01-15-2005, 09:53 PM
glad your happy with it, should be a reliable motor. as for cleaning the aluminum, go to a NAPA dealer, and get some aluminum acid. spray this on the cylinder and cases and spray it off after about a minute. don's let it get on polished parts though, it will tarnish them like theres no tomorrow. as for the strips, i was looking for some dark gray stripes to go up my hood, over the cab, over my tonneau cover and down my tailgate. if you make a 8"-12" strip, i could measure it and see how many feet i need.

zuLi0
01-16-2005, 01:45 AM
up to 10.5" stripes, i can get you bigger but i cant do it myself i have to take it to the local shop. what color, get me the measurements of the 4 locations of where you want it so i can see how much vinyl it takes, for something like that its generally like $5-7 a foot depending on what color you want. let me know im sure we can make some kinda deal

440exnacsracer
01-16-2005, 11:25 PM
ill get the measurements tomorrow. itll be a few weeks, cause im broke right now,.lol, but im definately interested. if you have a metallic silver or titanium color, that would be great. my email is banksgrass@aol.com ill stay in touch. thanks
Ben