PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that cant understand the words to some songs?

SGA
01-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Is it just me or is there alot of bands that the lead singer seems to have alot of marbles in thier mouth or slur the words bad?

First, im not deaf and dont get me wrong here, I can understand the vocals on many songs, but there seems to be so many bands that I just cant understand the vocals clearly.
Actually I did think I was going deaf for awhile till I started asking some of my friends. They cant pick up the words very well either on some songs.

I do know alot of pop (TOP 40) bands while recording in the studio will add effect to their voices to make them sound better, thats why the song sounds so different live and usually not as good as on the radio or on a CD.

I like bands like the Red hot chili peppers, Greenday, Cheryl Crow, heck, dozens of band because you can understand what they are saying.

Also, I know there are bands out there that mostly growl or scream the words.
Nothing wrong with them at all, theres some great bands out there that I dont understand a word, but really enjoy the music being played.

What everyones take on this?

Syrus
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Actually i noticed it too, Most singers wrong England sing weird, and i find hard to understand. And some rap artists and other singers... sing to fast, so u dont understand what there saying.

sampleez
01-02-2005, 09:56 PM
like twista!!!! hes frikin bad *****, talks wayyyyyyyyyyy to fast

440exnacsracer
01-02-2005, 10:15 PM
i guess GA folks are alike SGA, im not much into rap or anything of the sort, just rock and country that i understand the words, though i do live close to the A-TOWN:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ermm:

SGA
01-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
i guess GA folks are alike SGA, im not much into rap or anything of the sort, just rock and country that i understand the words, though i do live close to the A-TOWN:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ermm:
Im suspecting its not just us GA folks, Im willing to bet its the same across the country :o

nosliw
01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
i like ramstein and i cant understand a damn word they say :D

2002400ex
01-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Twista made a song a while back i think it is called "From the Tip of My Tongue" I forgot how many WPM's he was rapping at, but it was fast.

crday98
01-03-2005, 05:23 AM
i've been trying to figure out what the f**k michael jackson has been saying for the last 20 years:huh chimon????:D

popo
01-03-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i've been trying to figure out what the f**k michael jackson has been saying for the last 20 years:huh chimon????:D

No he was saying his chimp was cuming, short for spanking his monkey

SGA
01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, I heard a song on the radio tonite, one of the ones I just cant understand. Its a popular song by Audio Slave and I've heard it many times before, but never could really understand the words very well, so tonite I turn it up and really try to understand the words.
I realized the singer sounds like he smoked a couple before recording it, slurs his words real bad.

Something about waiting for you there patiently alone like a stone at some girls house.

MichaelS693
01-05-2005, 07:44 PM
like a stone by audioslave:D .... good song

JDiablo
01-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

lol thats because its in german....du hast lol

but damn that rapper twista,holy chit he gotta say 1500 words a minute damn

LTandRaptorider
01-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Ok, I heard a song on the radio tonite, one of the ones I just cant understand. Its a popular song by Audio Slave and I've heard it many times before, but never could really understand the words very well, so tonite I turn it up and really try to understand the words.
I realized the singer sounds like he smoked a couple before recording it, slurs his words real bad.

Something about waiting for you there patiently alone like a stone at some girls house.

Yes, a good song with some good lyrics. I'll call and sing it for you, so you can understand them! :eek: :D

SGA
01-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Yes, a good song with some good lyrics. I'll call and sing it for you, so you can understand them! :eek: :D

Hell now Barts calling and singing sweet nothings to the site members.:D

You'll have to wait in line Bart, Tommys been outside my window all evening singing and playing a little guitar.:scary:

LTandRaptorider
01-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Hell now Barts calling and singing sweet nothings to the site members.:D

You'll have to wait in line Bart, Tommys been outside my window all evening singing and playing a little guitar.:scary:

dammit! kids nowadays...

btw... that wasn't a little guitar... :eek: :blah:

MotoX3
01-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
dammit! kids nowadays...

btw... that wasn't a little guitar... :eek: :blah: oh it was little....it just wasnt a guitar:eek2: :devil: :eek:

chucked
01-06-2005, 04:31 AM

yea u probably wont be able to understand that unless you can speak german fluently.

phatswinn
01-06-2005, 08:21 AM
ive always been able to understand audio slave, i wont even listen to the band that have singers screaming att he top of there lungs

Mxjunkie
01-06-2005, 08:39 AM

lol i love ramstein, good band, there one english song is amerika
its a mix of english and german, all you gotta do really is search for lyrics then you can make your friends think you know german :blah:

my mom said i was listening to "santanic" music when she herd it, she needs to put the coors light down someday.. :rolleyes:

dunnonuttin
01-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i've been trying to figure out what the f**k michael jackson has been saying for the last 20 years:huh chimon????:D i found out he was put in the hospital the day i was born. kinda scares me:scary:

Rico
01-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Your not the only one Howie.

I can't understand any jibberish that them OG Gansta rappers say..:huh