PDA

View Full Version : LT a-arms for yfz450 what to get?

quadmx7
01-02-2005, 09:16 PM
what are some of the best long travle a-arms for the yfz450 with custom axis shocks. i'd like to keep the a-arms under $1100 if possible

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-03-2005, 09:37 AM
houser makes a good product for the price :)

Michael18
01-03-2005, 10:40 AM
There is a set for sale in the parts for sale forum on here. It is a custom axis front and rear shock and ars-fx LT a arms for a yfz at a really good package price. Here is the link. 465stroker is a good guy to deal with too.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136464

quadmx7
01-03-2005, 04:43 PM
im considering, houser, denton, lonestar, are my top 3 choices

racerx573
01-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Walsh, Laeger's, or JB

I'm talking Laeger's regular LT's, not Pro Trax. If ya had more to spend , I'd say Pro Trax.

rob-u/21
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
You might want to consider EPIC Long Travels. They are making some great stuff right now. Jeremy Schell is using those arms and I think Kory Ellis will also be racing whith them next season.

TBD
01-04-2005, 06:58 AM
I guess since those guys are running them they must be good. It wouldn't be the fact that both those riders are riding for Alba and it is kind of a package deal. Epic(who use to be TBR) has been in the business of building quad components for 2 1/2 years now with no previous exprience. I think I would try a set of arms from a major manufacture.

rob-u/21
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I dont know what you have against TBR/EPIC but I am just giving another option. Besides I have only heard good things about those a arms.

Dave400ex
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I agree with Racerx. Look at the new style Walsh for a little bit more money, you will be happy with those. The LT Laegers, JB Racing, or Houser would all be good as well. Of course Roll and ArsFX are good as well.

TBD
01-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I dont know what you have against TBR/EPIC but I am just giving another option. Besides I have only heard good things about those a arms. To assume the quality of a part is good because Jeremy or Cory(sponsored rider, free product) are running the parts is what bothers me. I to am just stating another option. I truly believe there are better options then those arms. Just check out [http://www.epicsuspension.com/

quadmx7
01-05-2005, 11:00 PM
i think i'v narrowed it down to walsh since i can get them for $1000, houser, and lsr d-4s

QuadRacer041
01-06-2005, 04:29 AM
id say walsh is the way to go, laeger makes nice stuff too, but i dont think there regular lt a arms will hold up as well as walsh.they still use the older style ball joints.

Dave400ex
01-06-2005, 09:41 AM
The Laeger's have the newer ball joints which are much larger then they used to be. It's the same ones that JB Racing and other companies are using. Now if you can get Walsh for $1000, I would get those for sure.

QuadRacer041
01-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
The Laeger's have the newer ball joints which are much larger then they used to be. It's the same ones that JB Racing and other companies are using. Now if you can get Walsh for $1000, I would get those for sure.

even though its bigger there is still more of a chance that it will snap because of it angle due to it being a lt a arm, thats the problem spader was having with lonestar in his last season that why he switched back to the roll.

Rootar
01-06-2005, 10:02 AM
housers cant go wrong with houser and plus they look awesome

Florida400EX
01-06-2005, 02:42 PM
why did you exclude Denton from your top three choices, it was there originally, I love my denton A-arms, and work flawlessly. Here's a pic of them all setup

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/pd94bff0773a73fbb1d39dcfb1065836e/f62eb5e3.jpg

Out_Sider
01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Walsh is the way to go my friends, Walsh or a burgard premium LT setup

khj
01-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by TBD
To assume the quality of a part is good because Jeremy or Cory(sponsored rider, free product) are running the parts is what bothers me. I to am just stating another option. I truly believe there are better options then those arms. Just check out www.epicsuspension.com.

Yes Jeremy and Kory are sponsored riders and yes they get free product but they can run what ever they choose to run so if the quaility was low they would switch (and both of them can run whatever they want and it would still be free no matter what they choose)

Yes Epic is fairly new to the ATV market but they have extensive experience in off-road racing. And they are spending a ton of time and money testing so they can continue to make quaility products. Ryan (from Epic) has an understanding of the geometric workings of a suspension set-up that is unmatched in the atv industry.

Epic's website is still under construction and that is not it
the website will be www.epicracingproducts.com when it is finished

but everyone has a right to their own opinions and beliefs

nacs400ex
01-08-2005, 11:57 AM
You cant go wrong with Laegers, Walsh or JB!!

QuAdEr 317
01-08-2005, 12:42 PM
if i had money id say walsh

TC426EX
01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Laeger std. Longtravels, JB Racing and Walsh.... Laeger would be my first choice...

ridinredodb
01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
for the money... Burgard. i was going to get Denton but their prices were outragous and their customer service is crap. Burgard has excellent customer service and warranty, i got my A-arms for $510 "red w/ chrome uppers" and my swingarm for $490 "red".

TBD
01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
[i]Originally
Yes Epic is fairly new to the ATV market but they have extensive experience in off-road racing. And they are spending a ton of time and money testing so they can continue to make quaility products. Ryan (from Epic) has an understanding of the geometric workings of a suspension set-up that is unmatched in the atv industry.

but everyone has a right to their own opinions and beliefs [/B] You obviouslly don't know him very well and you have no idea of who I am. I'll make this short. I'm the one that started them in the atv business and then Ryan screwed me(that's what I get for trusting him). To say that he is unmatched as far as suspension geometry goes just shows me that you definently have no clue about suspension geometry. I would like to see him formulate motion ratios or leverage curves and maybe even a wheel force curve. He gets his answers from someone else that I also know. He should stick to what he knows, The tile business. I could think of a quite a few designers that I would rate above Ryan. Not just opinion, I know the facts.

Florida400EX
01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ridinredodb
for the money... Burgard. i was going to get Denton but their prices were outragous and their customer service is crap. Burgard has excellent customer service and warranty, i got my A-arms for $510 "red w/ chrome uppers" and my swingarm for $490 "red".

Denton's customer service is nothing but great. The prices are right there with all the other brands also.

01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
"To assume the quality of a part is good because Jeremy or Cory(sponsored rider, free product) are running the parts is what bothers me. I to am just stating another option. I truly believe there are better options then those arms. Just check out [http://www.epicsuspension.com/"

I don't really think the moderators of this site would be too happy having a link to a website owned operated and promoting another forums website.

BTW despite what others might say, and the detractor, for everyone who doesn't know TBD, is in fact a very well known person in the ATV suspenion world and knows alot about suspension design.

He has a personal issue with Epic which I will not get into but to put things into perspective, those riders that use Epic, aren't forced to do so. They try it out and if it works for them, they use it. You can say they are "given free equipment" but that goes for any top rider and any company who wants a top rider's name to be attached to their product.

Do you really think Doug Eichner (Just an example) has paid for EACH AND EVERY set of a-arms he has used from Roll????
I highly doubt it.....

roostin_dale
01-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I will be buying walsh everything for my YFZ here soon.. cant beat walsh

CTmxyfz
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Walsh has a bad wait right now, but def. worth it. Here is my bike from last rebuild. It will now be red and black!

CTmxyfz
01-11-2005, 12:18 PM
wrong pic, my bad.

EvilJester400EX
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Viper.