PDA

View Full Version : tranny problem..

LT250Racer609
01-02-2005, 07:58 PM
tranny problem..

this weekend i was ridding my 250R and i hit a jump....the second i landed my quad sounded like my chain popped off only it didnt...i then noticed that i could only shift down (into first gear) and up only once into neutral...i was only in 2nd gear when this happened and it wont shift any higher then 2nd gear...i think its maybe a bent shift fork?? i drained the tranny oil and took off the clutch side case and took off the clutch basket and theres no oil chips or anything...does this sound like a bent shift fork??? i just wanna have a clue what im actually lookin for before i go splitting my case...

beerock
01-02-2005, 08:34 PM
it pulls in second or what? you can shift into 1st neutral but not second?

im lost more details.

you might have popped out the shift drum actuator springs and plates might not have to take it apart or take the mtoor out. takk all the parts off out of the right side case and check out the shift drum area, if a spring and plate have popped out that could be it.

Rich250RRacer
01-02-2005, 10:04 PM
If you can shift down into first and up into neutral, then its not the spring and plate in the drum. Take off your chain and pull the clutch basket off and try spinning the main shaft by hand, running it through the gears. This way you can watch the shift linkage work. Sounds to me like you'll be splitting the cases.

beerock
01-02-2005, 11:16 PM
your right rich

more then likely youll be doin what rich said.

LT250Racer609
01-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by beerock
it pulls in second or what? you can shift into 1st neutral but not second?

im lost more details.

you might have popped out the shift drum actuator springs and plates might not have to take it apart or take the mtoor out. takk all the parts off out of the right side case and check out the shift drum area, if a spring and plate have popped out that could be it.

i already checked the shift drum and plate...everything is there...

and it will only shift down and up once...which is neutral...it wont shift into 2nd gear which is the gear it happened in...only down into first gear and up once into 2nd

beerock
01-03-2005, 07:20 PM
split them

Rich250RRacer
01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by beerock
split them

I agree, it doesn't sound good. May as well get in there and see what's up.