PDA

View Full Version : ESR 330 Bolt on Kit TRX9 porting

Scott270R
01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I just bought a 330 "bolt on" kit for my 1988 250R. Has anyone who owns these had any reliability problems since the skirt is a little shorter? I rode it yesterday..WOW it is only a little faster than my way modded out 270 screamer but has power everywhere and pulls hard bottom to top.
Does this kit required more frequent piston changes? Can the kit be resleeved with the longer sleeve after I bore out the cases? Thanks for any help.

beerock
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
i thnk its a different cylinder, not sure htough

methyman
01-03-2005, 03:31 AM
I had the same impression when I put my ESR 330 bolt on with TRX9 porting. I had to lean the jetting out and the thing ripped. Esr recommends 180 main jet which was way rich for my motor I went down to like a 168 main with a 50 pilot and 2 turns on the air screw and needle in the middle.

ewathen
01-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Scott270r,

I am thinking about getting the same kit. How does the power compare to the new 450's?

Thanks

beerock
01-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ewathen
Scott270r,

I am thinking about getting the same kit. How does the power compare to the new 450's?

Thanks

it will rip em apart

Scott270R
01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Ewathen,

Yes, pretty much what beerrock says, This kit will easily have 10 more HP over even a built 450R and is 20 lbs lighter. I would definetely recommend this kit, I have only ridden for about 3 hours but so far so good. I will tear down and inspect at 20 hours if the piston and bore look o.k. I would say order tommorrow. This kit really pulls hard and has great bottom end power. It is easier to ride than my 270R racer and will pull 15/38 gearing with 20's on the back and will bang of the rev limiter in 6th.

ewathen
01-04-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the info. Did you get the power valve or non PV. What pipe and carb are you running?

Thanks

Scott270R
01-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Ewathen,

I am running the non power valved 330 bolt on. As far as setup goes I am currently running a FMF SST pipe with LRD 40mm (actually it is 39.6mm) air stryker carb. This is a really good setup so far the Fatty SST is my favorite pipe I own, it has a very smooth linear power delivery.

beerock
01-04-2005, 07:03 PM
scott, dude you need either a regular curtis sparks TT pipe or the big bore mx or TT pipe, that thing will haul then. have you tried them yet?

Scott270R
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
No, I just got this cylinder bolted on Saturday. I am basically using the pipe that worked best for my CT270 kit. I own a CT national MX pipe, FMF H-49 fatty pipe, FMF SST pipe and LRD adjustable pipe. Of all these the SST is the fastest overall in the most conditions, but they all have their strongsuits. How much is the Curtis Sparks pipe and do I need a big bore pipe for only a 330 kit? I thought that was for the 350/370 kits? How does the Curtis TT pipe compare to the FMF SST pipe?

beerock
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Scott270R
No, I just got this cylinder bolted on Saturday. I am basically using the pipe that worked best for my CT270 kit. I own a CT national MX pipe, FMF H-49 fatty pipe, FMF SST pipe and LRD adjustable pipe. Of all these the SST is the fastest overall in the most conditions, but they all have their strongsuits. How much is the Curtis Sparks pipe and do I need a big bore pipe for only a 330 kit? I thought that was for the 350/370 kits? How does the Curtis TT pipe compare to the FMF SST pipe?

bro put it this way, I USE TO HAVE the fmf fatty, old school pipe, it makes the most power out of all the fmf pipes. and the curtis sparks mx and TT kill it. I am installing my new 330 motor soon and will see how it responds with both pipes. I can garauntee the TT pipe will be awesome on the 330. the TT takes away bottom on my little 265 and makes insane top end power, the 330 will make up for the powe rloss from low to mid so i cant wait to try it.

in the mean time i will be stroking the b+b cylinder with a ktm rod and resleeving to 270 with a custom oring domed head. when that is done im pulling out the 33o and will be giving it a full port job.:macho

definately get your hands on a curtis sparks TT pipe. i woudl try to find a used one i see them around now adays, a big bore TT pipe will take almsot a year to get from CSR ive heard the horror stories about the waiting list....

I hate to have an opinion but IMHo all those pipes mentioned dont hold a candle to the csr TT pipe. yes even the lrd.

SuperChris
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Copycat. Let me know how it runs.