PDA

View Full Version : Damn icey roads

TheFontMaster
01-02-2005, 05:42 PM
I was driving home from work doing about 55-60, it had been freezing raining all day, but the roads were vey good fo some reosonthen the car just out of no where the *** end slid out to the left then i turned to the left to correct it but then the back slid to the right and and the car went down the road sideways and i pressed the brakes and there was sliding and squeeling and spinning and i ended up facing trafick and being almost compleatley off the road.

To anyone in NY be careful tonight.

01-02-2005, 05:59 PM
At least you know how to drive alot of people would of went in the ditch or hit something

exrider360
01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
banshee91 At least you know how to drive alot of people would of went in the ditch or hit something

hes right

theres been 4 deaths in a matter of 3 weeks in our area.

you just trun around and drive home.

derekhonda
01-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Actually, I am guessing you either mis-typed it or just didnt but if the *** kicked left and you steered right you werent correcting it, you were making it worse. Thats why you wound up spinning around. Always steer towards the side that kicks out.....

TheFontMaster
01-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Actually, I am guessing you either mis-typed it or just didnt but if the *** kicked left and you steered right you werent correcting it, you were making it worse. Thats why you wound up spinning around. Always steer towards the side that kicks out.....

Haha your right I'm gonna fix it now. And it only spunn 180 degrrees.

Quad18star
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't ever hit the brakes when you're in a slide like that .... all that does is make you lose control even more. Always steer into the skid also . And when its freezing rain out ... even though the road look to be alright ... you hit black ice .... 60 mph is way to fast for that kind of weather .

TheFontMaster
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Don't ever hit the brakes when you're in a slide like that .... all that does is make you lose control even more. Always steer into the skid also . And when its freezing rain out ... even though the road look to be alright ... you hit black ice .... 60 mph is way to fast for that kind of weather .

Yea I made a mistake typeing up some parts, I know to steer into the slide, As far as the black ice, it was wied, because I have driven on sollid ice before that is slick and everything like that and this wasn't black ice. I dont know if i hit something, but out of no where the back of the car just slid, the van has never done that on ice before. And the brakes weren't locked, I know that if they lock then it makes you loose control, the squealling was from the car slidding totaly sideways. I keep replaying it over in my head, and there was no reoson why the car should have suddenly slid out like that.

redlineranger
01-02-2005, 08:52 PM

;) and let out of the gas

TheFontMaster
01-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
;) and let out of the gas

Yea i did that I know.

Quad18star
01-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Yea I made a mistake typeing up some parts, I know to steer into the slide, As far as the black ice, it was wied, because I have driven on sollid ice before that is slick and everything like that and this wasn't black ice. I dont know if i hit something, but out of no where the back of the car just slid, the van has never done that on ice before. And the brakes weren't locked, I know that if they lock then it makes you loose control, the squealling was from the car slidding totaly sideways. I keep replaying it over in my head, and there was no reoson why the car should have suddenly slid out like that.

Odd ... possibility you just hit a certain section that was iced up ... i dunno . I've never heard of a car or truck just slidding out like that . :ermm:

86350x
01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
We'll be getting this rain/freeze tommorow. Should make a nice base for the snowmobiles if we get some more snow showers and it stays cold.

bama400ex
01-02-2005, 10:32 PM
nah dont listen to these people. nail the brakes, then wait till you get completely crossed up, steer away from the skid and nail the gas. get all nascar on em. it works for any car, you dont have to have 750hp.

Toadz400
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I always let off the gas and put it in neutral when my rear end comes out...but that's easy to do with a manual, I guess some people don't think about taking it out of gear in an automatic...just slamming on the brakes and swerving to the opposite side to try and correct it. We have a ton of deaths here every year when the conditions get like this...we've lost about 10 kids in my school in the past 3 years to car accidents. And I've known every one of them.

bulkdriverlp
01-03-2005, 03:44 AM
dude, if you knew you got freezing rain why were you goin 55-60 lol kids these days.lmao

TheFontMaster
01-03-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
dude, if you knew you got freezing rain why were you goin 55-60 lol kids these days.lmao

I would say look at one of my other posts, because I know I have said before that the roads were almost perfect. I was on the same road for about 15-20 miles before the incident. I was on a staright road and the rear end just kicked out.

PHAT400
01-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Bill Cosby had a theory on this....

"If you go into a spin....turn in the direction of the spin" Now that does not make sense to me.... that's like someone throwing a left hook and you lean into it......"

:devil:

Toadz400
01-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
Bill Cosby had a theory on this....

"If you go into a spin....turn in the direction of the spin" Now that does not make sense to me.... that's like someone throwing a left hook and you lean into it......"

:devil:

I'm sure you leaning into their punch would confuse the hell out of them making them vulnerable to a right hook from you:D .