PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Start Only !!!!

aalliigg
01-02-2005, 01:46 PM
What wires need to be crossed to be able to start in gear?

JDiablo
01-02-2005, 01:48 PM
there should be two wires that go into your clutch,take those off and splice them and connect them,but it drains your battery...im guessing you have a aftermarket cluthc and perch>

brian-250
01-02-2005, 03:41 PM
cut the 2 end plug in things off, strip the ends off, twist them together and tape them up to the other wire, and John it dosent run my battrey down at all.:confused:

ZQ8Dude
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
do older EXs have trouble starting in gear?

ive started my 04 in 1st 2nd and 3rd with no issues and i havent touched the bike

sportraxkid
01-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I always start mine in gear

maskale
01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes like others have said just cut the wires coming from the pertch and put them together. However I would recomend taking it a few steps further.

Cut the wires and see what color they are.

Then trace the wires all the way down to the frame under the front plastic, then get some pliers and carfully pull them out of the protective plastic tube that they are in, which runs up to the pertch.

Then get cut off the excess, but not to short because you still have to splice them.

Get a splice connection and crimp the ends of the wire in the splice connection.

No you do not have to do it this way, but if you want to remove the stock pertch completley and replace with an aftermarket, and do not plan on useing the wires anymore then I would recomend this. Crimp connections are way better than twisting and taping, eventually the tape will come undone. By tracing the wires down under the plastic you will not have wires just hanging from your bars, and the splice connection will be better protected under the plastic.

It will not drain your battery.

JDiablo
01-02-2005, 07:30 PM
well it did on my old 300 that pissed me off,lol

the Z Man
01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Also be aware that, once you do this it will also start in gear without the clutch disengaged and you could accidently start it in gear and run into something or someone....

JDiablo
01-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Also be aware that, once you do this it will also start in gear without the clutch disengaged and you could accidently start it in gear and run into something or someone....

dun try to start it either on a stand,it ran my leg over practically:(