PDA

View Full Version : The boy Made the Podium!!!!!!!!

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 11:32 AM
WEll we had our last points race night out @ Monroe, it was a night of carnage!!! The classes were packed & everyone was STOKED as it was a dbl points night!! Now I know why they don't announce them LOL, people were just being crazzzzzyyyy.

I AM soooooo PROUD of my boys this season, DJ(oldest) rode a YFZ450 for his 1st time this season, stepping up from a blaster, we didn't have big expectations for him thinking he would need LOTS of seat time, well we were wrong, that kid rode the hell outta that thing all season & it paid off for him he got 3rd overall for the season in the 450 class GOOD JOB SON!! He also raced my 300ex int he 250-350 4 stroke class & did good there too, he was in 3rd overall as of last race, last night he had to borrow a friends 305ex cuz my brakes are all messed up :rolleyes: anyone got a rear caliper thye want to sell? But he got 4th & 4th in htat class we'll have to see if he got enough points to hold 3rd but I doubt it, oh well it's cool still he rode his heart out on that thing!!! Trevor my lil man did good too, they of course don't run for points int he peewee classs but he'll be getting a nice big trophy @ the awards banquet for a GREAT 1st season on his LEM!!! He will be sooooo excited to get that, last ngiht he got a 3rd in his heat & 3rd in his main there were some BIG quads out there for a peewee class :rolleyes: just don't understand these parts who put 3 yr old on a 70cc?????????? It gets a little hairy when the quads are twice as big as his but he does good & drives around them if he has too :D Next weekend is the last race, it's a no points race so I think he's gonna take his blaster & play on that, after the races is the awards ceremony so I should have some pics next week!!!

DJ if you are reading this CONGRATULATIONS SON!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

BlueZ440
01-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Congrats to your whole Family DM..Good job guys..Our series starts back up in 13days but who's counting...LOL.. So alot of carnage huh? Was Lance or Todd involve??LOL

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
Congrats to your whole Family DM..Good job guys..Our series starts back up in 13days but who's counting...LOL.. So alot of carnage huh? Was Lance or Todd involve??LOL

Thanks Blue ;):) YEP Todd was involved in some i do believe!! Lance wasn't I don't think! Maggiesboy(Bill) ran the master open & manyou would of thought taht was a $$ class LOL, they had like 5 restarts & FINALLY started them single file, he wasn't involved in it, he dodged everyone quite well hahahaa, though in practice he almost spun out & Randy smacked his HARD the wheel is TOAST, in fact after last night 3 wheels are shot LOL,the other 2 are ridable on the rears, well obviously the front was ok since they both raced on it :D I sure like that damn quad of Todd's I would love to know what motor that is, is it a 426?? We are just curious cuz it's got the best sound to it!! I know he has a ton of dough into also...............ahhhhhhh.....................on e of these days LOL
I think we are going to pump up Ron's 400 & put him on that next year too so that should be cool!!
Man you guys have had a LONG break haven't ya, that would drive me crazy but I will have to say I'm glad next weekend is the last race, we can have our weekends back & we want to take a trip to the dunes & HAVE SOME FUN also so Mom & Dad can ride LOL

BlueZ440
01-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Poor Todd..I'm going over to their house this week, so I'll probably hear all about it. I'm glad Bill dodged everyone and his OK..I miss the battle's that you guys have out there..Next time I come up I'm bringing spikes for my rims..LOL.:devil: I can't wait to start racing again..I'm stock in between classes right now, I think..I'm pretty fast for the INT if I don't F*k up and to slow for Pro..Will see what the Sway bar will do..Maybe it will make me faster and then I can run with the Big dogs..:D

I think Todd run's the YFZ400 motor..It's a old motor that they don't make anymore..I think..I'm not sure..

ILGNCC400EX
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
congrats from all of us in ill:cool:

AtvMxRider
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Congrats

maggiesboy
01-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Todd is running a 426 from what Aaron has told me.

Blue- you should have come and played in Carnage land. Do you know of anyone that wants three "taco" brand wheels? I custom build them myself, with other racers as interns.:mad:

maggiesboy
01-03-2005, 09:44 AM
DJ I know you are home sick today. If you read this just remember, Brenda and I are very proud of you, and what you accomplished this year on our machine. Thanks buddy!

dirtmomma
01-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
DJ I know you are home sick today. If you read this just remember, Brenda and I are very proud of you, and what you accomplished this year on our machine. Thanks buddy!
Awe now how nice is that :) And he THANKS you BIG TIME for making his wishes/dreams come true!!!!!!!!

Now as for Todd's bike thats what I thought it was (426) I think we need one of them motors for a frame sitting around here :blah: :devil: :macho

maggiesboy
01-03-2005, 10:53 AM
just think how sweet it would be puttin that 426 intop the same lonestar chassis!:D

dirtmomma
01-03-2005, 11:01 AM
just think how sweet it would be puttin that 426 intop the same lonestar chassis!:D

HELL YEAH :devil:

Ok for all of you flattrackers that come up here to race check out the NEW website for S&D I built it even has points standings for the top 4 of every class :D it's WAYYYYY better then that other one they CALL a website!!
The addy is http://s-dpromotions.tripod.com

BlueZ440
01-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Todd is running a 426 from what Aaron has told me.

Blue- you should have come and played in Carnage land. Do you know of anyone that wants three "taco" brand wheels? I custom build them myself, with other racers as interns.:mad:

That's what everyone thinks about Todds bike..but he told me on the last race that it was a yfz400 motor..Have you guys ever heard of that?:confused:

Yeah I suppose to come out but I didn't get off work until 5pm on friday and they already left by then...oh well maybe Next November..

maggiesboy
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
That's what everyone thinks about Todds bike..but he told me on the last race that it was a yfz400 motor..Have you guys ever heard of that?:confused:

Yeah I suppose to come out but I didn't get off work until 5pm on friday and they already left by then...oh well maybe Next November..

If that really is only a lil old 400, then there is some people that royally got their azzes handed to them. Go QFT! GO!

BlueZ440
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
If that really is only a lil old 400, then there is some people that royally got their azzes handed to them. Go QFT! GO!

QFT..LMAO..

QFT712
01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Sat night sure went better than the last time I was there.
There were about 5 restarts in the Open Quad "A".. It was nuts.. I finally lead until the white flag... did you guys see me go wide for the accident in turn 1??? well I did and turned out there was enough room for a quad down low:( .. Gearld went low and made it through...dang it... All that carnage for a $3 trophy:D heheh...
As for my quad: The frame is a '02 lonestar YZ chassis, based on a 400ex.. A YZ 400, 426 or 450 would bolt in it.

My motor is in fact out of a '99 YZ 400 Dirt bike. It is all stock and I run on straight pump fuel. Had rings and valve adjust done about a year ago.. I wanted a 426 but this one was cheap and couldnt pass it up... It happens to be the cheapest part of the quad.. Butt.....if its not broke dont fix it right??
I recently installed a -2 swingarm on it as well,, It was a little hairy in the ruts, wanted to come out from under me.. but I like it,, lots of bite.
BP and Dmomma it was good to see you guys.
QFT

BlueZ440
01-03-2005, 05:20 PM
You should know better..Don't go wide No matter what.LOL.So did the guy past you on a Yellow Flag?

QFT712
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I know I know.. I had very little time to decide.... Yes the flagers were motioning us to the outside.. At monroe they say you CAN pass on a yellow...

BlueZ440
01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Man Monroe is CRAZY..So hows your bike? any damage?

dirtmomma
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey QFT it was good to see you too didn't really say HI I was feeling a little "weak" from the night before :o LOL But ya did good!!! And YES that track was rutted TERRIBLE I think that was the 1st night I was actually a little nervous about DJ out there on the 450 just because everyone I seen coming out of it was about getting bucked off :eek: Glad I wasn't racing!!!! I'll be out there playing this weekend, it should be fun :D I'll be riding my quad though I just feel more comfortable on it than the 450 right now!

OK maybe I should be looking for a YZ400 motor :devil: :macho wonder if we could fab it into the 300 or even a 400 frame???? Or throw it in Ron's quad & his motor in mine!! Ah hell I should probably just sell the 300 & get at LEAST a 400 we can build but then DJ would be stuck on the blaster for the trails & thats just not working out to well w/ NO airbox ect.
Anyone wanna buy a blaster :D it's capable of winning a Championship :blah: J/K............................well maybe not LOL too many quads too LITTLE HP!!!!!!

So the series down there in Idaho, seems like it's just getting off the ground for the season?? How long does your season go till??? Ya never know some of us Monroe'ers(hmm is that a word LOL) may have to come on over!!

BlueZ440
01-03-2005, 09:05 PM
[i]So the series down there in Idaho, seems like it's just getting off the ground for the season?? How long does your season go till??? Ya never know some of us Monroe'ers(hmm is that a word LOL) may have to come on over!! [/B]

The series down here starts back up again on Jan 15th.
here are the days..
January 15th
January 22nd
January 29th
February 12th
February 18th
February 19th
February 26th

hope some of you can make it..:D It will be fun having Monroe Maniacs out here showing people what's up..hehe

QuadJunkies
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM

Yeah I suppose to come out but I didn't get off work until 5pm on friday and they already left by then...oh well maybe Next November.. I bet todds has more ponies than my 426 does though!!!But its also out of the dirbike, so I would think its got a bit more poines than mine has????!:huh
congrats DM on the podium finishes!!! Thats sooooo cool!!!!

Todd, better luck next time ;)

Todd~~ guess what I got for my Bday............ NEW SUSPENTION...... :devil: