PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship ?'s

400exracer511
01-02-2005, 11:30 AM
i am 16 and i race c class in district 22 and last year i finished top 5 in most of my races. i am planning to race c class again next season. My question is can a local c class racer get a sponsorship (i saw the sponsorhouse.com announcement) or would i just be wasting my time, would it be easier to get a sponsorship in b class?

thanks

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Just get all your stats together & present a nice resume W/ CORRECT SPELLING :D & take to some locals if you have them in mind. I did this for my son who is 14 now I started it when he was 12 he's had a few good sponsors locally now & kept them over the last few years, then I signed him up @ Sponsorhouse this year & WOW what a great response he got about 15 sponsors so far!!!!! I wanted to wait for the sponsor house deal untill he got more races under his belt, last year he won the championship in the blaster class so that helped alot!! This year he just finished his season last night & got 3rd overall in the 450 class on a YFZ450 not too bad for a youngster!!!! But pertaining to your ? about C class. B class, we don't run them here like that but he would probably run C if we did, so GO FOR IT!! It never hurts to try!!!!! GOOD LUCK & Sponsorhouse is GREAT if ya got the $50 so I'd try that if I was you!!

400exracer511
01-02-2005, 11:42 AM
that sounds awsome. what kind of support did he get from the sponsors?

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 400exracer511
that sounds awsome. what kind of support did he get from the sponsors?

He gets 30-50% off of stuff just depends on who we order from, can't say much more than that :) but it helps BIG TIME w/ parts ect. The local sponsors are very good to him, the machine shop does all his macihng for FREE, the roofing company pays his entry fees pretty mcuh, they stepped up this year & doubled his $$ so that was AWESOME!! We all get free coats w/ our logo ect on them from embroidery by paula, he does have it good, I just hope it stays that way!! If it wasn't for the locals help we coudln't afford to do what we do, but they know it keeps him out of trouble off the streets & becoming a heathen LOL

400exracer511
01-02-2005, 12:13 PM
thanks alot and congradualtions to your son, i think ill try sponsorhouse and look for a couple local sponsors

01-02-2005, 12:52 PM
What would be the best way to approach companies about paying your class entry fees? Most just want to sell you parts for the price they make them at.

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
What would be the best way to approach companies about paying your class entry fees? Most just want to sell you parts for the price they make them at.

WEll we kind of have an "in" w/ the roofing company Ron works there & has for 18 yrs. but it IS a tax write off for them, they just put it as a donation I think. But as far as going & asking from others well I'm not sure on that, as times are tough for companies ect. but if you remind them it's a write off maybe that will help some :)
Yeah we get some discounts & local bike shops too, but most of the shops around here w/ give @ least 10% if you tell them your a racer. Which isn't the best BUT it's something!!

I HIGHLY recommend Sponsorhouse to get your foot in the door!

cliq20
01-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
but it IS a tax write off for them, they just put it as a donation I think. but if you remind them it's a write off maybe that will help some :)

probably advertising instead of donation. unless you're a charity. i wish i was a charity sometimes.

dirtmomma
01-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by cliq20
probably advertising instead of donation. unless you're a charity. i wish i was a charity sometimes.

:o yeah thats what it is LOL, believe me i wish I were one too :D

cliq20
01-02-2005, 05:52 PM
LOL. i wish i could get even that much for sponsorships. if i could just get entry fees and gas paid for that would be excellent.